Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

13-17 with at least 1 drop, 172, 2 TDs

That throw was horrible, but apart from that he's been excellent.

Let's not do this, please? 

Almost all of those throws are underneath with YAC. He's hit on one deep ball to Cephus that was as much a great play by Cephus as it was a good throw by Coan. This is another game where the numbers don't tell the story.

Whatever though. We all better be prepared for a really, really frustrating 2020 season.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Let's not do this, please? 

Almost all of those throws are underneath with YAC. He's hit on one deep ball to Cephus that was as much a great play by Cephus as it was a good throw by Coan. This is another game where the numbers don't tell the story.

Whatever though. We all better be prepared for a really, really frustrating 2020 season.

We're going to have 600+ yards and haven't punted all day. There are times Coan is frustrating but today ain't it.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We're going to have 600+ yards and haven't punted all day. There are times Coan is frustrating but today ain't it.

That throw just pissed me off. The deep shot throws, he's either gotten hit or missed outside of one. We absolutely need those to hit and if we can't make them happen against Purdue, how the hell do we expect them to work vs Minnesota or Ohio State?

Whatevs.

BTW, Jonathan Taylor now #2 in 200 yard games in FBS history, behind Ron Dayne. He's also got 3 200 yard games vs Purdue and Nebraska each, so he might be the only player in history to do that to 2 teams. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

That throw just pissed me off. The deep shot throws, he's either gotten hit or missed outside of one. We absolutely need those to hit and if we can't make them happen against Purdue, how the hell do we expect them to work vs Minnesota or Ohio State?

Whatevs.

BTW, Jonathan Taylor now #2 in 200 yard games in FBS history, behind Ron Dayne. He's also got 3 200 yard games vs Purdue and Nebraska each, so he might be the only player in history to do that to 2 teams. 

Yeah that throw was awful, but the performance overall has been really solid. Which is all we need today.

After watching Stave and Hornibrook I can't fathom how anyone could say Coan sucks. He's a good system college QB. He's no NFL QB, but he has definitely been good enough for us this year. Neither loss has been on him.

That said, I hope he grad transfers so we can start Mertz next year because he has the skillset to be in the NFL. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

After watching Stave and Hornibrook I can't fathom how anyone could say Coan sucks. He's a good system college QB. He's no NFL QB, but he has definitely been good enough for us this year. Neither loss has been on him.

That said, I hope he grad transfers so we can start Mertz next year because he has the skillset to be in the NFL. 

100% agreed.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't you dare group Stave in with Hornibrook. 

• Like 1

Honestly extremely nervous for next week's game. Couple things going against us

• Road team. This is the biggest game Minnesota has played in many of their fans lifetime, gameday will be there. This is huge for them.
  • They have been throwing it around as well as anyone in the country and our pass D has been pretty atrocious since... Illinois game? How many drops did Purdue have today? Easily should have carved us up for 400 passing yards and an extra TD or two.
  • I hate to say this, but I kind of feel like they have more to play for? We've faced OSU, and were destroyed. Nothing redeeming in that loss, as much faith as our coaches probably have in the players, and the players in each other, you have to wonder how much they really think they could beat OSU. Minnesota wants their shot at OSU, and a spot in the CFP. Even improbably winning out, we probably are not CFP bound and B1G just gets left out. Add in Flech vs PC as the motivators, and I could see 1 team come out very hungry.

I do think we are a bit more talented all things considered, but I think we will are underdogs here.

• Like 2