Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

14 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

"nonsense" that sure is a way to frame being on trial for rape. 

Me thinks these young men have issues with young women. Just a hunch.

The word choice is bad, no question.

My read on what he was trying to say was that the case was a crapshow, and the not guilty verdict was absolutely the right call. Given that the jury needed like 10 minutes to deliberate, the most relevant question is whether there was sufficient evidence to bring this to a trial. Cephus' lawyers had surveillance footage that showed the two girls were not intoxicated to a point beyond consent, and the testimony seemed to point to everything going south after Cephus called Danny Davis into the room to brag about having a 3 way, told Davis to take a picture, and one of the girls was cheating on AJ Taylor and didn't want any evidence.

Cephus lied about the picture and Davis took a nude picture of someone without consent, so don't think I'm saying Cephus/Davis did nothing wrong, but that's not rape. Due process isn't nonsense either, but I'm reading this as a specific take on the strength of the prosecution in this case instead of a general comment.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I just can’t imagine him returning to school and the team. I mean, as a player, he’d be a big boost, I just can’t imagine why he wouldn’t want a fresh start.

Exactly. I'm sure he harbors a lot of feelings about how he feels about the school, not the football team or whatnot, but the administration. And I don't blame him one bit. Going through a trial very publicly like that is not easy. He's a proven player that could transfer to a lot of different schools without a hitch. Maybe not Alabama, but there are plenty of top 25 schools that would want him.

But PC just made himself at least a few enemies among the UW administration. He just sided with a student they expelled who is dangling a lawsuit if he's not re-instated, and added to the already very public pressure to immediately readmit Cephus. 

20 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Are we really stepping out on a limb saying a fresh start is probably best for everybody?

I agree, but he is the one trying to get back in. If this is the place he wants to be I hope they let him back, even if he doesn't play ball again. He is the one who's dad was murdered while he was on the team right? Kid's had a rough go so far, hopefully he gets that diploma somewhere if not here.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I agree, but he is the one trying to get back in. If this is the place he wants to be I hope they let him back, even if he doesn't play ball again. He is the one who's dad was murdered while he was on the team right? Kid's had a rough go so far, hopefully he gets that diploma somewhere if not here.

I'd like to see him get an appeal for his Title IX hearing. The trial outcome doesn't change that hearing and there is a lower standard of proof, but since Cephus plead the 5th the whole time because of the looming trial, he never really had a chance.

Based on the trial, I'd expect Cephus to win that appeal, if granted.

I can't possibly imagine how a Minnesota fan would even begin to talk smack. I'm guessing the oldest player on th UM team is 23. In the last 23 years Wisconsin has been ranked in the top AP 25 23 times and the top ten 12 times. UM has been ranked in the top AP 25 8 times and top ten 0 times. It should take at least a decade of Gopher supremacy for there to even be a start of a discussion. Wisconsin is 20-3 in the last 23 years vs. UM.

That's not even mentioning that the Gopher QB went down with an injury a day or two before the smack talk started.

I don't get it at all.  

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 12:43 AM, wgbeethree said:

I can't possibly imagine how a Minnesota fan would even begin to talk smack. I'm guessing the oldest player on th UM team is 23. In the last 23 years Wisconsin has been ranked in the top AP 25 23 times and the top ten 12 times. UM has been ranked in the top AP 25 8 times and top ten 0 times. It should take at least a decade of Gopher supremacy for there to even be a start of a discussion. Wisconsin is 20-3 in the last 23 years vs. UM.

That's not even mentioning that the Gopher QB went down with an injury a day or two before the smack talk started.

I don't get it at all.  

He's delusional. That's why we make fun of him.

• Like 2