Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

Damn boys, that was a great win. The way we steeped up and just closed it out in dominating fashion gave me chills, makes me think we deserve every bit of our high ranking despite soft schedule.

Of course gotta mention Hornibrook and how he came through in the 2nd half after that INT. He had 3 INCREDIBLE throws (great catches by Davis as well), without those passes I'm not sure we even win the game. We'll need that version of Hornibrook for at least a half if we want to beat OSU.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Damn boys, that was a great win. The way we steeped up and just closed it out in dominating fashion gave me chills, makes me think we deserve every bit of our high ranking despite soft schedule.

Of course gotta mention Hornibrook and how he came through in the 2nd half after that INT. He had 3 INCREDIBLE throws (great catches by Davis as well), without those passes I'm not sure we even win the game. We'll need that version of Hornibrook for at least a half if we want to beat OSU.

I’ll say this. Hornibrook’s belief in himself is something to praise. He throws a pick and comes right back out there slinging it. 

As my roommate said...he’s a gunslinger with a slingshot. 

7 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I’ll say this. Hornibrook’s belief in himself is something to praise. He throws a pick and comes right back out there slinging it. 

As my roommate said...he’s a gunslinger with a slingshot. 

Repeating arm strength is an issue for him, that throw to Taylor for the TD lacked nothing in terms of velocity.

It's hard to tell from the TV copy, but I wonder if he doesn't spin the ball very well, and that's why he can throw a duck one drive and a dart the next.

Long story short, I don't think he's got a cannon, but I think he's got an average college arm, there's just something wrong with his tech somewhere and he's extremely inconsistent.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Repeating arm strength is an issue for him, that throw to Taylor for the TD lacked nothing in terms of velocity.

It's hard to tell from the TV copy, but I wonder if he doesn't spin the ball very well, and that's why he can throw a duck one drive and a dart the next.

Long story short, I don't think he's got a cannon, but I think he's got an average college arm, there's just something wrong with his tech somewhere and he's extremely inconsistent.

I think it has to do with his feet and hips. When he can step and turn into a throw, he rips it. When he can’t? Well, ya know...

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I think it has to do with his feet and hips. When he can step and turn into a throw, he rips it. When he can’t? Well, ya know...

Could be, I mean we've been subjected to 25 years of Favre and Rodgers so our arm strength view may be skewed.

Good thing two of our best posters are Rams and Titans fans lol.

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He had what may as well have been a running start on that throw.

But I don't want to take away what he did. Terrible first half, but that 3rd quarter was unbelievable and the OL/Taylor picked him up in the 4th quarter.