Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

We're getting slightly more respect than 2015 Iowa did at this point, and rightfully so IMO. Both stood at 12-0 with easy P5 schedules, Iowa's was slightly harder. Difference is that we've dominated our easy schedule. Our MOV has been 22.8 PPG while Iowa's was 15.0 PPG. That gap doesn't seem like much, but it really is huge when you consider that we are not a team that piles on points. We've had maybe 1 or 2 close games on the year, while literally half of Iowa's wins were by the skin of their teeth en route to their 12-0 record in 2015.

This OSU game is one of the biggest we've ever played... I am very nervous. Even though we're the undefeated team with the higher ranking, I feel like we're David and OSU is Goliath.

12 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

We're getting slightly more respect than 2015 Iowa did at this point, and rightfully so IMO. Both stood at 12-0 with easy P5 schedules, Iowa's was slightly harder. Difference is that we've dominated our easy schedule. Our MOV has been 22.8 PPG while Iowa's was 15.0 PPG. That gap doesn't seem like much, but it really is huge when you consider that we are not a team that piles on points. We've had maybe 1 or 2 close games on the year, while literally half of Iowa's wins were by the skin of their teeth en route to their 12-0 record in 2015.

This OSU game is one of the biggest we've ever played... I am very nervous. Even though we're the undefeated team with the higher ranking, I feel like we're David and OSU is Goliath.

The only teams in the country to not allow more than 24 pts in a game were us and Troy. We also only allowed 20+ that one time lol. 

Still question our DBs but I have faith. I'm also really not nervous. Don't know why. Kinda feel how I did in 2010/2011 with the Packers. 

Edited by bkobow05

On 11/26/2017 at 2:38 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

(PHHST... We're nervous too!)

that is all

Mastercheddaar

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He kind of did though. We don't win that Michigan game without him balling out in the 3rd quarter.

While true, we won 12 games because our defense was able to completely shut down teams from capitalizing off turnovers. We should've slaughtered this schedule but we had too many turnovers in plus field position and made crucial mistakes far too often. The defense was absurdly good at flipping the momentum back and that's what got us to 12-0. 

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Well our starting QB getting hurt probably helped too

Honestly wouldn't have mattered. Your defense was teeing off and we were going backwards at 14-10 UM before he started. Even if you just punted, we wouldn't have scored again unless he threw our offense into gear.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

While true, we won 12 games because our defense was able to completely shut down teams from capitalizing off turnovers. We should've slaughtered this schedule but we had too many turnovers in plus field position and made crucial mistakes far too often. The defense was absurdly good at flipping the momentum back and that's what got us to 12-0. 

Yeah agreed. It was probably less Hornibrook and more Bama-level defense than we expected going into the year. But it's a relevant footnote that we did need Hornibrook to carry the team once this year.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Nevermind.

There is no consistency to the rankings tbh. Goalposts are allowed to be moved whenever the committee sees fit. I don't care because, as long as we're in, it doesn't matter. I just laugh at the inconsistencies behind the committee AND the people who cover the rankings. Every week their arguments change to fit the teams they want in. It's funny. Things only matter when they want them to.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

There is no consistency to the rankings tbh. Goalposts are allowed to be moved whenever the committee sees fit. I don't care because, as long as we're in, it doesn't matter. I just laugh at the inconsistencies behind the committee AND the people who cover the rankings. Every week their arguments change to fit the teams they want in. It's funny. Things only matter when they want them to.

It doesn't even seem like their own rankings matter.

UCF is undefeated with wins over THEIR #16 and #23 schools. Alabama has a loss and wins over THEIR #17 and #24 schools. Theirs literally ZERO ways you can make that logically make sense.

Now I 100% believe Alabama is the better team but based on what THEY say matters and THEIR rankings I just don't see how they can rationalize that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

It doesn't even seem like their own rankings matter.

UCF is undefeated with wins over THEIR #16 and #23 schools. Alabama has a loss and wins over THEIR #17 and #24 schools. Theirs literally ZERO ways you can make that logically make sense.

Now I 100% believe Alabama is the better team but based on what THEY say matters and THEIR rankings I just don't see how they can rationalize that. 

Don't forget Fresno State! (chuckles because Fresno has no business being ranked other than for the purpose of buffing up Bama's resume).