Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

As rams said, if the committee is just using the CFP as their own personal power rankings, whatever. But they use different reasonings for different programs to try to justify their nonsense.

Yep. The goal is to get the most deserving teams, which may or may not be the best teams. The best teams are probably some combination of Clemson, OSU, and Bama.

And if they say "hey this is arbitrary and subjective but these are the 4 most deserving", okay. It is what it is. But they're trying to pretend that this is coming from some objective set of criteria, then completely bungling the execution of that criteria. 

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

What I learned about you: You don't watch teams play, you simply look at results and say "that team is better". For this reason, I cannot continue this discussion.

Lol. That's fine. Note that I never actually said I think the Badgers would beat Auburn if they played. If regular Hornibrook shows up, it's almost certainly a loss.

But I strongly disagree with the idea that the committee should throw out records and use something as meaningful as the CFP as their own Bleacher Report style power rankings.

17 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Alabama has an entire 3 deep of blue chip players.

How the hell do they ever lose? lol

Funny thing is, 2 of our 6 don't even play. Our 6 are;

Cole Van Lanen (back-up LT)
Kayden Lyles (true freshman OG)
Danny Davis (stud true freshman WR)
AJ Taylor (solid WR)
Garrett Rand (maxed out DL)
Arrington Farrar (backup ILB)

lol according to 247, we've only had 38 4/5* players in our school's history. Yes, damn near 6 of those 7 have more  4/5* players on their roster now than we ever have lmao. That also includes three dudes who never really played for us (Jaden Gault, Dareian Watkins & DJ Gillins). 

Edited by bkobow05

35 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Saquon Barkley won B1G RB of the Year over Taylor. Dem return yards must matter mayne.

Draft hype always matter in stuff like that, no matter how much they tell you it doesn't.

Barrett had clean up surgery on his meniscus this week and is still playing Saturday.  You guys should be feeling pretty good.

11 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Does Gerry DiNardo actually watch games? He said Taylor gets a lot of help from his OL. Isn't he the leader in the B1G for most forced missed tackles and most yards after contact? lmao

He had more yards after contact than Barkley did rushing, period.