Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

You know for a team that most likely going to be 4-1 this team is one of the most painful Wisconsin teams I remember. 

I see you've burned the memory of the more recent Paul Chryst teams out of your mind.

Edited by beekay414

Last year was way more painful to watch than this year. This year there's just some frustrating stuff that makes no sense in the grand scheme of things but you understand why at least (injuries, new staff, etc). The stuff last year made zero sense and it was just ******* ugly all around.

Really want to figure out exactly what this offense is, really nothing pro style, but nothing close to what you see when you watch these tempo spread offenses. Just totally without identity. Offense wasn't bad today, but just methodical. I still feel like we went to the NCAA offense store and picked up the Great Value brand spread offense.

Really can't get the ball to the outside or vertical at all. Green and Williams are probably regretting their portal decision at this point. Hopefully we can figure something out because Mordecai looks much better as of late.

I know BK will vehemently disagree, but this looks like the PC offense, just from the gun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I know BK will vehemently disagree, but this looks like the PC offense, just from the gun.

In what way? The spotty execution? sure. The actual play designs? No, not really. They look to take way more shot plays in this system. Kinks are still very evident but it's nowhere near as frustrating as a PC offense. 

We absolutely need to get the snap situation right. It's throwing everything off. You can't expect your QB to diagnose a defense and make his reads when he's got to take his full attention to the snap to avoid disaster every single time. He's literally sitting there waiting on the ball to arrive if he's not jumping left or right to grab it. 

Next week is going to be frustrating IMO. Iowa's front vs this OL is going to be an adventure. 

Kind of random but...

Can you imagine how excited we would have been in 2020 if someone traveled back in time to tell us that the year is 2023, Wisconsin has one loss, Oklahoma is undefeated, and Graham Mertz and Spencer Rattler were about to face off against each other? 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Kind of random but...

Can you imagine how excited we would have been in 2020 if someone traveled back in time to tell us that the year is 2023, Wisconsin has one loss, Oklahoma is undefeated, and Graham Mertz and Spencer Rattler were about to face off against each other? 🤣🤣🤣

And the kid who just beat Penn State on an extension thriller is playing in a matchup of the Top 10 undefeateds.