Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can not imagine how bizarre this would be. The meme potential would be so high.

If Williams actually committed, and if Williams was a special enough talent for Chryst to design an offense from the bottom up for him, and if it was successful enough to have a Cam Newton/Auburn year. Why not?

**** it, let it rip. 

My question is if Caleb is just using us to get more out of USC, what's that do to Mertz's confidence next year? We're openly pursuing his replacement and if we don't get him, does he play passive and tight feeling like he could be benched at any minute? Just kind of makes a mess of an already bad situation if he doesn't come.

Just now, beekay414 said:

My question is if Caleb is just using us to get more out of USC, what's that do to Mertz's confidence next year? We're openly pursuing his replacement and if we don't get him, does he play passive and tight feeling like he could be benched at any minute? Just kind of makes a mess of an already bad situation if he doesn't come.

At what point do we stop giving a **** about Mertz's feelings? 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

At what point do we stop giving a **** about Mertz's feelings? 

Not talking about his feelings. I'm talking about his play. He already plays tight as it is. This is likely just going to compound the problem and we're going to stick with him for the entire year because our friggin' options to replace him are Deacon Hill, Chase Wolf and a freshman from Franklin lol.

I'm not sure how much intel Jon McNamara has but he just posted on BadgerBlitz that Wisconsin is actually Caleb Williams #1 choice and the only thing standing in the way is NIL. Said boosters are "scrambling" to put together a NIL deal that suits Williams. 

Said that Williams doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild and wants a strong running game to compliment his abilities.

This is real, folks.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how much intel Jon McNamara has but he just posted on BadgerBlitz that Wisconsin is actually Caleb Williams #1 choice and the only thing standing in the way is NIL. Said boosters are "scrambling" to put together a NIL deal that suits Williams. 

Said that Williams doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild and wants a strong running game to compliment his abilities.

This is real, folks.

@ramssuperbowl99 *it’s happening gif*

Not yet. It's not a good look that boosters are "scrambling" but, if they can pull it off and put something together that's enough to convince Williams, he's ours.

Put together a plate of cheese, some Old Milwaukees, play jump around, and make it into an 80s style music video jingle endorsement. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Put together a plate of cheese, some Old Milwaukees, play jump around, and make it into an 80s style music video jingle endorsement. 

Old Milwaukee's are off limits. Those are for drinking on the day the Brewers win a World Series.

The moment Williams was whispered about, any cheesehead boosters should have already combined monetary forces to take their swing. 

Last year I maintained that Caleb’s production was crazy over-hyped but the potential is there and he would bring players and future recruits as well. A name recruit like that coming to Wisconsin could really shift the program trajectory. If this isn’t a power move to get more money from USC then Wisconsin has to at least take some big swings here. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

This is real, folks.

Need Butch's bologna bash to be rekindled for some W Club fundraising

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

The moment Williams was whispered about, any cheesehead boosters should have already combined monetary forces to take their swing. 

tbh, this is how I know I haven't made it financially yet: nobody's asked.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I've got an inside connection to Phil Woodman, thinking it's time Caleb Williams gets himself some of that grocery story commercial money.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2