Week 7 (TNF) GDT: Chiefs @ Broncos

champ11

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So yes, Lock can be activated for the CLE game.  I'd hope they do that for sure.   Obviously, I don't think it's a smart idea to let him start with only 2 weeks of scrimmage / practice time.    And @MIN and @BUF seems like a pretty awful draw - those 3 pass D's and rushes could get him killed.   I think Week 13 and getting a 5-game audition seems most likely.  By then we'd probably be close to 4-8 or worse, and so there would be no pretense of trying for .500 (as pointless as it is for a rebuilder vs. a much better spot for picks).

I see him getting a couple of drives the second half of the Cleveland game. If he looks competent he'll be the starter going forward. If he looks lost your scenario seems probable. 

12 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I see him getting a couple of drives the second half of the Cleveland game. If he looks competent he'll be the starter going forward. If he looks lost your scenario seems probable. 

Anything is possible, but the optics of Lock getting annihilated by MIN & BUF would be tough for the FO to keep him going for December.   As much as I think we should give Lock as much time to prove he can (or can't) be the QBOTF, those optics matter to Elway.    The schedule seems set up for a Week 13 start, barring injury.  I wouldn't object if it was sooner, but I would be surprised.