Week 7 (TNF) GDT: Chiefs @ Broncos

champ11

7 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

This game turned when Flacco fumbled the ball for a TD right after Mahomes went down.  If the Broncos tie the game after the Mahomes injury this game goes another way.  

I agree, but it felt from the start this was a game we weren't trying to win. The 2 point conversion play call the very first drive, the odd fake punt, the first quarter it seemed like the coaches weren't trying to win they were just trying stuff.

Our tackles made KCs dline look like the 2015 Broncos line lol. Game was never going to be won.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Dare I say we are who we thought we were.

I only lasted 1.5 quarters before switching to preseason basketball.

I just cant get excited for this team with yet another retread stopgap QB. At least lose with kid.

Accept for the said kid is injured.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I just cant get excited for this team with yet another retread stopgap QB. At least lose with kid.

You know what stressors you can handle watching the game lol. 

I agree with the former, but this was the most fun I had watching the first quarter of a game because I had no expectations or rooting interest. 

I'm not mad about this loss. We were never going to win this game, and at least now we know what we truly have to work with when comparing ourselves to actual contenders. Our Defense is going to be a pretty good unit by season's end. Our absolute most glaring weakness is that O-line, which doesn't come as a surprise. I've said it before; Scangarello is a good coordinator. But the horrific play by that line is disrupting EVERYTHING he's trying to do from a scheme standpoint. Fix the line in the offseason and we'll see a vast improvement. Also, I think we play Lock as soon as he's healed up. Let him learn and take his bumps now while no one is expecting us to compete this year anyway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Can't believe I've had to watch so much Trailblazers basketball. yuck 

1 minute ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

That's the point, though: Elway didn't have to overpay.

With Leary I totally agree, with Bolles I share the same view as @Broncofan should of traded down and settled for Ramczyk.  I'm glad he didn't overpay for Paradis. 

If a move works it's never an overpay lol. Elway values the oline but he does overpay because the results aren't there as a unit.

James I like the idea but he has been banged up. 

17 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

One question - from those of you who know a little about OL play - is Bolles capable of playing anywhere else along the OL?

Giving his push last night with lindsay in the end zone I'd at least try him at guard or trade him like you did Sambrillo if an offer is there. He still has some kinda value.

He has a mean streak which is great at guard.

Edited by thebestever6