Week 7 (TNF) GDT: Chiefs @ Broncos

champ11

8 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Can't believe I've had to watch so much Denver basketball. yuck

lol grew up in PDX so they are all I have. Actually like Denver when they aren't playing PDX. Nowhere near that now exploded OKC mob of douchers

Granted, they're just in preseason, but the Nuggets already have twice as many wins as the Broncos

The Nuggets have done it the right way, build through the draft and added a few pieces via FA/trade. Granted they have missed out on some players i.e. gobert and spider Mitchell. Overall TC has done a phenomenal job, wish I could say the same with JE. 

Not a hockey guy but seems like Avs are up and coming?

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

The Nuggets have done it the right way, build through the draft and added a few pieces via FA/trade. Granted they have missed out on some players i.e. gobert and spider Mitchell. Overall TC has done a phenomenal job, wish I could say the same with JE. 

They look like a dangerous team for sure

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

Getting Jokic in the 2nd round is like getting your franchise QB late on Day 3 though. 

3 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

When do we see Lock?  Do we expect that he'll get the start the first week after the bye? 

We'll have a better idea once the trade deadline gets here. The moves we make will dictate timeline.  I know that sounds cliche.

That's why I expect a lot of dominoes to fall. I say week 9 is a possiblity if certain dominoes fall.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

We'll have a better idea once the trade deadline gets here. The moves we make will dictate timeline.  I know that sounds cliche.

That's why I expect a lot of dominoes to fall. I say week 9 is a possiblity if certain dominoes fall.

Assuming they activate him this coming week, when does he clear the practice threshold and become eligible for the active 46 again?

15 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Lock has to practice for two weeks before becoming eligible - the earliest he will play is Week 11 against the Vikes.

He can't suit up for the browns as a backup? That would be the second week of practice. 

I'd like to see him get 2 drives in the second half of that game to get a gauge. 

On 10/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, BroncosFan2010 said:

Can't believe I've had to watch so much Denver basketball. yuck

lol grew up in PDX so they are all I have. Actually like Denver when they aren't playing PDX. Nowhere near that now exploded OKC mob of douchers

Haha I was just busting your balls. It's fun to have a good rivalry brewing. I have Portland exhaustion from the 7 games + 2 preseason games + season opener but it will be a good game Wednesday

On 10/19/2019 at 11:33 AM, BroncoBruin said:

Getting Jokic in the 2nd round is like getting your franchise QB late on Day 3 though. 

For sure. But I've gained a lot of perspective on what is wrong with the Broncos from following the Nuggets. They are invested in building a culture from top to bottom and not skipping steps (they missed the playoffs by one game 2 years in a row - and still were patient w/ their players and staff) ... and just really building a team identity etc. Just been a fantastic rebuild from an organization that has to work from behind the 8 ball being a small market w/ limited resources and weak fan support

But yeah drafting a generational talent at #41 is the main thing lol 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:56 PM, bMiller031 said:

Assuming they activate him this coming week, when does he clear the practice threshold and become eligible for the active 46 again?

On 10/19/2019 at 2:21 PM, jolly red giant said:

Lock has to practice for two weeks before becoming eligible - the earliest he will play is Week 11 against the Vikes.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:38 PM, thebestever6 said:

He can't suit up for the browns as a backup? That would be the second week of practice. 

I'd like to see him get 2 drives in the second half of that game to get a gauge. 

Player have to miss 8 games from time they are designated for IR (and only 2 per team, obv).

There is no designation for 2 weeks on practice - the earliest teams can start letting guys practice is 2 weeks ahead of their IR-return date.   And teams only get 2 weeks before they must activate them, or let them stay on IR for the entire season.

Easiest condensed link if ppl want to check it out - https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/8/20/20730201/pup-ir-and-nfi-exploring-the-different-designations

So yes, Lock can be activated for the CLE game.  I'd hope they do that for sure.   Obviously, I don't think it's a smart idea to let him start with only 2 weeks of scrimmage / practice time.    And @MIN and @BUF seems like a pretty awful draw - those 3 pass D's and rushes could get him killed.   I think Week 13 and getting a 5-game audition seems most likely.  By then we'd probably be close to 4-8 or worse, and so there would be no pretense of trying for .500 (as pointless as it is for a rebuilder vs. a much better spot for picks).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1