Week 7 (TNF) GDT: Chiefs @ Broncos

champ11

5 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Listening to Clough and Orlando Franklin right now. They don't seem to want to see Lock play this year because of how bad the O-line is. I don't agree. He should play at least five games this year.

Once Juwan James comes back you play Lock end of story at least to me anyway. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Listening to Clough and Orlando Franklin right now. They don't seem to want to see Lock play this year because of how bad the O-line is. I don't agree. He should play at least five games this year.

I totally understand where they're coming from. David Carr's career was completely derailed playing behind a trash o-line and he was never the same player. He had all the tools, but the beating he took broke him mentally and physically. Not sure if that would happen to Lock, and I think he should play, but I understand the inverse. 

5 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Sounds good, although Lock can't come back until after Week 8.

Yeah I don't know what I'd do in the meantime I mean don't we want Lock getting first team reps asap? 

I just don't know what you'd do with Flacco. If there was someway to start giving Lock first team reps now I'd be all for it. But, you can't do it with Flacco still on this roster can you?

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Elway's getting the full local and national media backlash today, probably the first time it's happened en masse all at one like this. It will absolutely have an effect on the team. 

I don't see that Elways going to start making moves, and he will start getting back in my good graces. 

Fangio says this team has to rectify things that's all they're focused on. The one's that aren't will be banished.

3 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

I totally understand where they're coming from. David Carr's career was completely derailed playing behind a trash o-line and he was never the same player. He had all the tools, but the beating he took broke him mentally and physically. Not sure if that would happen to Lock, and I think he should play, but I understand the inverse. 

I agree with that logic, but you have to remember that Carr was the #1 overall pick of an expansion team. In your first year, you have no business taking a QB (in my opinion) #1 overall unless he is Elway, Peyton, or Luck. As a result of being the #1 pick, there was probably too much pressure on him, and that's a recipe for failure. Lock wouldn't have nearly that type of pressure on him.

Drew looked pretty rough but looked like he was improving in very small increments every game. Comfort level grew just a little. 

The way this offense looks and with our most veteran WR possibly out the door, Drew Lock is going to be walking into a disastrous situation offensively and I'm not sure they have any choice but to play him because they can't afford to have no idea what he can do going into 2020. It's bad, all around. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

The way this offense looks and with our most veteran WR possibly out the door, Drew Lock is going to be walking into a disaster situation and I'm not sure they have any choice but to play him because they can't afford to have no idea what he can do going into 2020. It's bad, all around. 

After last night I'd look like a fool to debate this lol. What I will say is James will be back, Leary we will see, and I'm not ruling out a wr being brought in once Sanders is moved.

What a perfect way to get Lock engaged again than to get another weapon that might come at a discount on an extension due to opportunities here.

Things do change in this league.

Did our OL get it's arse kicked? Yes. But food QBs with a natural feel for the position compensate. Slide in the pocket, know when to escape, call plays to roll out etc.

Sounds crazy to say right now but they aren't THAT bad of a unit. Last night was just a recipe for disaster. You can't not play Lock because of this OL, even though I'd get rid of Bolles.

My bigger concern with Lock was more the fact he didn't look natural in the pocket and got nervous when our backup OL were poor in preseason.