Week 7 GDT - Raiders (3-2) @ Packers (5-1)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W this week?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W this week?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaidahs
    • Stinky Cheese Heads
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

38 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Most guys clowning Ferrell were the one calling Kolton the sorriest LT ever. Now Miller is balling and everyone loved him. Same will happen next year IF Ferrell starts balling out. “I always believed in him, he was my guy all along” gtfoh 

Naw I would just admit I was wrong obviously nobody here criticizing wants him to bust. I think we just wanna see another flash here or there 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Most guys clowning Ferrell were the one calling Kolton the sorriest LT ever. Now Miller is balling and everyone loved him. Same will happen next year IF Ferrell starts balling out. “I always believed in him, he was my guy all along” gtfoh 

Miller came in as a project and was drafted much later than Ferrell. Ferrell was a top 5 pick, supposedly pro-ready, and a scheme fit. Some on here were defending Mayock saying he and Bosa were next to each other on his board.

There's no arguing Ferrell has been a disappointment considering where he was picked and who wasn't picked.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Miller came in as a project and was drafted much later than Ferrell. Ferrell was a top 5 pick, supposedly pro-ready, and a scheme fit. Some on here were defending Mayock saying he and Bosa were next to each other on his board.

There's no arguing Ferrell has been a disappointment considering where he was picked and who wasn't picked.

No you can't argue that we all want more from Ferrell, but you can show some patience with a guy who has played 5 games.

Also, how much of what Bosa is able to do is because of him and how much of that is the great defense around him.  I know Bosa is the better player, but it's still not a 1 to 1 comparison. 

I mean, how much more could have Mack done with the Raiders if he had any real help. The rest of the defense matters.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, true2form said:

No you can't argue that we all want more from Ferrell, but you can show some patience with a guy who has played 5 games.

Also, how much of what Bosa is able to do is because of him and how much of that is the great defense around him.  I know Bosa is the better player, but it's still not a 1 to 1 comparison. 

I mean, how much more could have Mack done with the Raiders if he had any real help. The rest of the defense matters.

Bosa being on a good defense contributes minimally to both his production and actual play. He's arguably already the best player on that line. If we put Ferrell on that same line maybe he has one or two more sacks, but he's still the same player (also he's probably not starting).

I get being patient, but Ferrell was not a player I and many others had a lot of confidence coming into the draft--especially at 4the overall. Further, he's not the type of prospect who projects to get dramatically better because he's some sort of raw piece of athletic clay. He was supposed to be a ready-made starter who would immediately contribute to the team--even if the production was there from year one. Not only is there very little production, he's also not playing well.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Bosa being on a good defense contributes minimally to both his production and actual play. He's arguably already the best player on that line. If we put Ferrell on that same line maybe he has one or two more sacks, but he's still the same player (also he's probably not starting).

I get being patient, but Ferrell was not a player I and many others had a lot of confidence coming into the draft--especially at 4the overall. Further, he's not the type of prospect who projects to get dramatically better because he's some sort of raw piece of athletic clay. He was supposed to be a ready-made starter who would immediately contribute to the team--even if the production was there from year one. Not only is there very little production, he's also not playing well.

Look, it's fine to be concerned about his progress. To hope for more.  But, we are sad as a fan base that we can't give any of these guys a chance to develop.  I've heard this song and dance too many times.  Kolton last year, Mack, and Aso in years past.  Just because he's off to a slow start doesn't mean anything and any other player you throw onto this team is not going to have the exact production they're having with the teams they're on now.

Most of you guys ragging on him, made up your mind before we made the pick.  That's fine to stick by that assessment.  If he develops into something more and proves you wrong, you win.  If he never amounts to anything, you win.

• Like 1