Week 7 GDT - Raiders (3-2) @ Packers (5-1)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W this week?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W this week?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaidahs
    • Stinky Cheese Heads
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

Just now, TLO said:

The game was already over at that point, too. Throwing wise, the one I’m sure he wishes he could have back was the pass to Waller before the fumble. If he doesn’t throw it behind him, Waller walks into the end zone. 

Carr's weapons have been making nice catches all year long for him and Waller has some elite level body control and hands.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Stop you always say this. “I’ll be happy to be wrong”. But keep criticizing him as if he’s the sole determinant of the outcome of the game. 

Where did I defend the turnovers? Waller got tripped. The decision to run was boneheaded. If doesn’t mean he played a bad game. It’s almost like both can’t be simultaneously true. 

For the 4th time, please explain how Carr is a bad quarterback. Your words, not mine.

Hilarious that you call me a casual fan for looking at both sides of the coin. You can’t even answer a simple question. I know you’ll keep ignoring it or backtrack.

You are defending it right now. By pretending waller getting trip had anything to do with that horrible throw. Fact is  you cant help yourself but to defend him. At this point you dont even know when your still doing it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, dante9876 said:

You are defending it right now. By pretending waller getting trip had anything to do with that horrible throw. Fact is  you cant help yourself but to defend him. At this point you dont even know when your still doing it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ll rewatch the play. I don’t disagree he should have looked elsewhere and the throw wasn’t good, but at the very least an upright Waller could have broken it up. I dont understand how being objective and looking at both sides is “defending”. And some wonder why I’m so down on this fan base.

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Paul guenther deserves biggest blame. 2 weeks to prepare and they got almost no pass rush. Needed to blitz more.

He has no pass rushers. He didnt think the 3rd 4th and 5th wr on depth chart would embarrass his defense like that. 

People are gonna start to have a real conversation about what u should get out of a top 5 pick. Ferrell isnt it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

He has no pass rushers. He didnt think the 3rd 4th and 5th wr on depth chart would embarrass his defense like that. 

People are gonna start to have a real conversation about what u should get out of a top 5 pick. Ferrell isnt it. 

If Profootball reference is correct he hasn’t had a qb hit since week 1 

24 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

It's why we dont want our 25 mill qb turning it over in the redzone. Kinda simple logic. 

He's more a 22 mil QB if you look at his years not the average which he's been paid for. He'll be under 20 mil his last season and wait and see these scrubs like Winston and Mariota are getting over 20. Look at Foles and he's worse for potential.  So if you want to replace Carr and pay one of those guys the same or more as Carr then...I don't get it.

If we're playing the long game Gruden is keeping Carr and will develop a young guy or replace him with a rookie in Carr's last season. So build a team around Carr and try to win with that combo. Draft a QB 2021/22. I'm cool with using the last pick in the 1st for a QB to 'groom' behind Carr but Carr would still be the QB for two years at least. Unless the guy beats Carr out but Fromm would probably be the QB who is really a Carr clone so...3rd round would be better but would a QB slip that far?!? 1st gives us the 5th year option and if they suck, it's not a top 5 pick and draft another in 2022 in the first. 

Maybe we win some playoff games with Carr in the meantime.  

I'm trying to be positive because I can slide to the darkside really quick. Bears game gave me hope. Until that fumble we were competing with a top team. Clean up mistakes, get healthy and add some pass rush and we could do even better...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Which is why you have to blitz. Leaving Rodgers back there chilling doesn't get it done. Rather blitz and leave some zone open... Considering everyone so e became open anyway haha

For all the criticism I read of Carr here, what I saw ON THE FIELD was outstanding play by your leader. You could see the Raiders really, REALLY wanted the win, and went after it full bore.

You ran into Rodgers when he had donned the Superman cape (and he hasn't done it like that, for a while). The Packers don't have him all that much longer, since he is 35,  but sometimes he will do to other teams what he did tonight, plus you didn't have the best of luck with the bounce of the ball.

To be honest I thought the Raiders were MUCH better than expected, and you had good playcalling too. You'll win plenty of games this year, if you can get near to repeating your level of play tonight.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah no quarterbacks have bad games or turn over the ball. All you do is whine. If Carr is a bad quarterback, your words not mine, can you explain your statement? It’s the 3rd time I’ve asked you. 

Imagine thinking I’m defending him when I criticized both turnovers because I acknowledged that he pushed the ball downfield with effectiveness today. That’s being objective. Something sadly that many of your are not. Football is not black and white. There a lot of grey.

Carr's turnovers kill games and momentum period, even in rare cases when we have a good lead Carr makes a mistake that would have been nail in the coffin, then he snowballs, that's why most of us can see it coming on because it's been a pattern.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ragingraider said:

good challenge

I thought so too.  That was a pretty weak "push off" if that is what the ref saw.  But it is obvious the officials are NOT going to reverse any PI calls.  I don't think any have been changed in any game all season.