Week 7 GDT - Raiders (3-2) @ Packers (5-1)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W this week?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W this week?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaidahs
    • Stinky Cheese Heads
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

Just now, TLO said:

The fumble was obviously a huge turning point in the game, and he deserves criticism for that, but Carr looked better today that at any point this season imo. If the offense plays like this going forward, they’ll be competitive. Can’t imagine the red zone offense could be this bad again. 

Of course he deserves criticism for it. I thought it was a terrible play. But I can also be objective unlike many in here. We are still building a team. There are growing pains. Mistakes happen. Red zone play is a bit fluky. The important thing that is replicable is that you’re moving the ball. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Of course you don’t. You think “he’s bad” by your own words. You still haven’t answered my question.

Let’s ignore the teams dysfunction and lack of continuity and pretend it’s the qb that is holding this team back. 

Who's ignoring the dysfunction? Every single person has acknowledged our D is horrible. But Carr can not make those mistakes. 

Can't believe people are defending him. Casual fans like you make threads difficult to read sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I cant believe people are defending Carr. Fumbling in the back of the endzone, I never have seen from any QB this season

Didn't see anyone defending the fumble. Terrible play by Carr. But let's not ask as if he played horrible all game 

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Who's ignoring the dysfunction? Every single person has acknowledged our D is horrible. But Carr can not make those mistakes. 

Can't believe people are defending him. Casual fans like you make threads difficult to read sometimes. 

I don’t think acknowledging that it was a back breaking boneheaded play and that he played well otherwise is defending him. Pretty obvious from watching the game tbh.  

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Of course you don’t. You think “he’s bad”. 
Let’s ignore the teams dysfunction and lack of continuity and pretend it’s the qb that is holding this team back. 

He lacks situational awareness.  You can not deny that.  Without it you have to be a HOF or very lucky to win.  We all knew he would have to be close to perfect for us to win.  The fumble started the falling of the house of cards.  Would we be calling for the back up at RB if he fumbled twice at the goal line?  Would we be calling for a WR or TE to be benched if they dropped 2 3rd down conversions?  I think the answer is yes to both.  Nobody is saying bench him except for Gruden at the end of the game but some want us to possibly look in a different direction.  I feel it depends on what your goal is.  If it is to make the playoffs Carr can do that but if it is to win the SB I think another direction is needed.  Similar to KC with Alex Smith and Mahomes.  If my goal is to make the playoffs every year and try to get lucky with a SB then I do not draft Mahomes.  I use that pick to give Alex another weapon.  What is your realistic goal over the next 4-5 years?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

@RaidersAreOne if you’re going to make statements at least be able to back them up. You can keep ducking and avoiding my question. If Carr lights up Houston next week you’ll backtrack or move the goalposts. I’ve seen it so many times.

I'd be very happy if he lights up Houston. I sure hope he does.

If he turns the ball over a couple times next week will you continue to Defend him? Maybe those turnovers won't be his fault again?

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yeah no quarterbacks have bad games or turn over the ball. All you do is whine. If Carr is a bad quarterback, your words not mine, can you explain your statement? It’s the 3rd time I’ve asked you. 

Imagine thinking I’m defending him when I criticized both turnovers because I acknowledged that he pushed the ball downfield with effectiveness today. That’s being objective. Something sadly that many of your are not. Football is not black and white. There a lot of grey.

• Like 1

The fumble shouldn't happen. He's got to be smarter in that situation. Considering Trent wasn't playing, this offense moved the ball really well. JJ is the real deal. Waller is great. The oline can be dominant. We need an outside downfield threat.

Defense looks weak. Clellin F looks like an average player. I think and pray abrams can be a difference maker. Conley's pretty good. Need a linebacker. We still don't have nearly enough pass rush. That has to be what we address in  the draft. Two difference makers on the dline. The 49ers have demonstrated that it is all about your front four. Given the rules, you have to win at the line of scrimmage  to be a dominant defense.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

If he turns the ball over a couple times next week will you continue to Defend him? Maybe those turnovers won't be his fault again?

No one said that the fumble wasn't his fault.  That's a false narrative.  

Slinging it in the end zone and having his tight end get tripped and fall getting picked off I can live with.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Stop you always say this. “I’ll be happy to be wrong”. But keep criticizing him as if he’s the sole determinant of the outcome of the game. 

Where did I defend the turnovers? Waller got tripped. The decision to run was boneheaded. If doesn’t mean he played a bad game. It’s almost like both can’t be simultaneously true. 

For the 4th time, please explain how Carr is a bad quarterback. Your words, not mine.

Hilarious that you call me a casual fan for looking at both sides of the coin. You can’t even answer a simple question. I know you’ll keep ignoring it or backtrack.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

No one said that the fumble wasn't his fault.  That's a false narrative.  

Slinging it in the end zone and having his tight end get tripped and fall getting picked off I can live with.

The game was already over at that point, too. Throwing wise, the one I’m sure he wishes he could have back was the pass to Waller before the fumble. If he doesn’t throw it behind him, Waller walks into the end zone. 

• Like 3