Week 7 GDT - Raiders (3-2) @ Packers (5-1)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W this week?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W this week?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaidahs
    • Stinky Cheese Heads
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Crosby is a blessing for a 4th round pick.

Ferrell starting to get worried after today. I don't expect him to win with speed or explosion, but he's not even getting a push right now. He might as well sat out another week, that's how much he was noticed in the game.

People are trying to justify the 2nd edge player taken in the draft having the lowest pass-rushing win rate in the entire league because "he wasn't brought here to be a pass rusher." What did we draft him top 5 for then? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Why do you ask that?. Nobody in here hyped the pass rush before or after this game. I dont think anybody believed it was good. This game certainly wasnt the determing factor for anybody to say oh our pass rush still isnt good. I've been on my ferrell and pass rush rant for weeks now. 

52 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think this game has really cemented the Raiders need for a pass rusher

53 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think this game has really cemented the Raiders need for a pass rusher i can really see them trading for a guy like Beasley or Von Miller (who i would get a certain amount of satisfaction watching sack Bronco QBs.)

That was cemented last year when we traded away the best pass rusher in the league and only added two rotational vets, a severely overdrafted edge in the top 5, and a mid-round guy.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What has Ferrell shown that proves he deserves more snaps than Mauro or Mayowa? Mauro is just as good, if not better than Ferrell in run support. Mayowa has been our most productive/consistent pass rusher this year. 

No one said they expected Ferrell to be a 15+ sack guy, hell most said they just wanted 6-8 sacks with good run defense. But he was a top 5 pick and he has the lowest win rate for any edge player in the entire league... That's not good.

You give Cle the snaps because he needs them to develop. Mauro and Mayowa are fringe roster guys on a good defense. Theres nothing to develop there they are what they are. 

Cle has been nicked up the last 3 games. He is adjusting to the NFL grind. I get that Kolton Miller wasn't a top 5 pick. But he was the worst LT in the league last year. How's he looking this year... NEXT. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You give Cle the snaps because he needs them to develop. Mauro and Mayowa are fringe roster guys on a good defense. Theres nothing to develop there they are what they are. 

Cle has been nicked up the last 3 games. He is adjusting to the NFL grind. I get that Kolton Miller wasn't a top 5 pick. But he was the worst LT in the league last year. How's he looking this year... NEXT. 

It seems to me some posters think CF should be all pro his rookie season. It's ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

It seems to me some posters think CF should be all pro his rookie season. It's ridiculous.

Why do yall always do this in defense of a player. Nobody in here said anything about all pro. Just not the worse out of all the guys taken. And certainly not worse than max Crosby. He was suppose to be an nfl ready prospect. Not a developing one. If you going to develop a de. Wouldnt you rather have a guy with a higher ceiling. A guy with some speed and bend you can develop. 

Edited by dante9876

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

But clearly miller was hurt and it messed with him. We actually saw flashes of good LT play from miller before the injury. We actually knew it would take Miller time to bulk up and get to nfl LT standards. That's not the case with Ferrell. And now we using injury to say why he has been bad. A concussion injury at that. 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

10 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

We actually knew it would take Miller time to bulk up and get to nfl LT standards.

Really? I don't remember it that way. Miller was trash, a bust and would never do anything. Gruden and Cable were morons for not drafting Derwin James. I'm not saying it was you but that's what most people said in here.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Really? I don't remember it that way. Miller was trash, a bust and would never do anything. Gruden and Cable were morons for not drafting Derwin James. I'm not saying it was you but that's what most people said in here.

I do agree it was a lot of that. No particular me, except maybe the james part. Which I still would like him. But miller did play better than Ferrell has for sure early in thier respective first seasons. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

But clearly miller was hurt and it messed with him. We actually saw flashes of good LT play from miller before the injury. We actually knew it would take Miller time to bulk up and get to nfl LT standards. That's not the case with Ferrell. And now we using injury to say why he has been bad. A concussion injury at that. 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

Ferrel played really good vs Denver. He looked like a rookie adjusting vs KC and Minnesota. And has been hurt since.

Yeah effing right. No one wanted to admit his injuries had anything to do with him preforming until he started to preform this year. People were ready to draft another Tackle in the 1st or 2nd. Nearly everyone was writing him off.  

Cle hurt himself in the Minnesota game. He comes off limping in the 2nd QTR and comes back next series. Theres more then a concussion.

Edited by OG_C2X

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That was cemented last year when we traded away the best pass rusher in the league and only added two rotational vets, a severely overdrafted edge in the top 5, and a mid-round guy.

My comments where less towards fans and more towards the coaching staff. This has been almost flat earther levels of denial from the coaching staff on the linebackers and DE positions. 

Most guys clowning Ferrell were the one calling Kolton the sorriest LT ever. Now Miller is balling and everyone loved him. Same will happen next year IF Ferrell starts balling out. “I always believed in him, he was my guy all along” gtfoh 

• Like 2