Week 7 GDT - Raiders (3-2) @ Packers (5-1)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W this week?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W this week?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaidahs
    • Stinky Cheese Heads
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It’s a stupid play, but objectively he has passed the ball well this game. I like how he’s playing this year. I’m sure at least 90% of you will disagree with me. 

Other than that fumble and INT I thought Carr looked great.  If you get better WRs your offense is gonna give everybody fits.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

For all the criticism I read of Carr here, what I saw ON THE FIELD was outstanding play by your leader. You could see the Raiders really, REALLY wanted the win, and went after it full bore.

You ran into Rodgers when he had donned the Superman cape (and he hasn't done it like that, for a while). The Packers don't have him all that much longer, since he is 35,  but sometimes he will do to other teams what he did tonight, plus you didn't have the best of luck with the bounce of the ball.

To be honest I thought the Raiders were MUCH better than expected, and you had good playcalling too. You'll win plenty of games this year, if you can get near to repeating your level of play tonight.

Thanks for the unbiased opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It’s a stupid play, but objectively he has passed the ball well this game. I like how he’s playing this year. I’m sure at least 90% of you will disagree with me. 

Carr has 6.9 YPA on the season. Starting QBs, regardless of cast, cannot have a 6.9 YPA.  

It also means his completion percentage is worthless.

We didn’t lose this game because of Carr. We lost this game cause we suck. But Carr has been average this year at best.  

Standard Raiders fans overreaction re. Carr.

Win or lose, it's always the same crap in whatever direction the result has gone.

Derek Carr is what he is - a middle-of-the-road QB who has a knack for being very clutch when a game is on the line, but also one who gets happy feet and makes some bad decisions at times.

The defense was bad today (part of that was Rodgers being great, and part of that was them just plain sucking), but I think Carr and the offense were generally fine. Carr prob needs to just tuck that ball away at the end of the 1st and take it out of bounds at the 2-yard line instead of trying to make the play that wasn't there, but other than that he moved the ball pretty well - again with very few weapons at WR and missing his best O-lineman.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Other than that fumble and INT I thought Carr looked great.  If you get better WRs your offense is gonna give everybody fits.  

I agree and WR value can be obtained via FA and later in the draft if scouting properly.  More importantly we need a legit pass rush and 80 percent overhaul on D personal.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It's like telling a DB "besides those two 70 yard TDs you gave up, I thought you played well" Those two mistakes by Carr were pretty unforgivable for a rookie much less a 6th year QB.

Realistically, we weren't going to win that game anyway because the defense was so bad plus Arod was on his A game. But a game like this doesn't bold well for a guy who many agree is in his make or break season. Alot of good, some bad, led us to 17 points..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Don’t come with logic now. I encourage you to read a few pages back and look at what this fan base is saying about him. 

I've been watching football for longer than I care to admit.  I started to watch football as a kid during the Lombardi days.  For 25 years the Packers were the laughing stock of the league so I got to witness numerous crappy QB play all those years.  I think Carr can be a really good one.  Rodgers was just in a zone.  Its been a long time since we've seen him play like that.

• Like 2

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Anyone know if Ferrell played today 🙃

He was the transparent blur on the line wasn’t he?? Been a ghost at the NFL level so far needs to do something. As you said can’t even tell he is out there because he ain’t making plays so far 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Anyone know if Ferrell played today 🙃

Honestly if it wasn't for people asking about where he was in this thread, I'd thought he was still out. Maxx had a few plays but overall the D was only mentioned for bad plays. We had a lot of bad plays. :S