Trade Deadline Discussion

WindyCity

Just now, topwop1 said:

I'm not saying Rosen is any good but watching a bit of that Dolphins game last night I am really puzzled as to why they are continuing to play Fitzpatrick instead of giving Rosen some valuable game reps.  I mean at this point he is not really gaining anything by watching Fitzpatrick suck on the field and the team is going no where this season so why not throw him in there and see if he can give them a spark or some hope for the future?

Dolphins will likely be pickng #1 so they will have their pick of the QB litter and should figure out whether or not Rosen is their future before investing in a 1st round QB.

Perhaps Rosen is just so terrible that he was making them look bad? 

I think more likely they had locked on to Tua a while ago and don't want to hurt the trade possibility for Rosen. 

I seem to be in the minority of one here, but I still think it would make sense to buy a cheap lotto ticket and give Miami a late round pick for him. Throw in Adam Shaheen in case they need any help sealing a late game defeat or two. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Alright everyone, lets make our 2019 season picks!

Who will be on the Bears this time tomorrow?

Just Trubisky? Or:  Mariota, Foles, Dalton, Rosen, some ancient voodoo curse?

Just Trubs and Daniel.  Too cost prohibitive to make an in season move right now and they need the cap space rollover for next off season.  Playoffs are pretty much out of reach unless this team wins at least 7 of 9 remaining games which is  unlikely considering who they play.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

"We now have but one choice. ..... We must face the long dark of Trubisky" 

Gandalf-gandalf-12059929-960-404.jpg?fit

My son and I argued for 20 minutes on whether he said, "Run you fools!" or "Fly you fools!" as ledge was collapsing and he fell into pit with fire demon.

My son was right it was "Fly". Why would he say fly?   They can't fly.  Unless they are on backs of giant Eagles who seem to save the day always when all is lost.

Why don't they use the giant eagles more?  Useful things those.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Pace just doubled down on Trubisky. They both should be looking for a good realtor.

How so because he didn't make a move a before the trade deadline?

If anything Pace is being smart.  Why waste valuable cap space for this season when you will need that to roll over into next season to make some critical signings?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If anything Pace is being smart.  Why waste valuable cap space for this season when you will need that to roll over into next season to make some critical signings?

I mean not only that but if you add say Mariota it really screws with the QB room. Next year you have Chase coming off the books probably and Mitch probably not coming back. It's alot more cut and dry. Mitch knows he's under pressure I don't think we need to add a QB to be told. Plus some of these QBs will just cost money next year and not picks. 

I don't think trading for Mariota or Foles would've done anything. Then what, Mariota stinks for 9 games and then what? Even if he doesn't stink, they would need to go 7-2 the rest of the way to sniff the playoffs. That wasn't happening.

I also don't think not getting one of them "hitches" them to Trubisky. I think he has 9 games left and that's it.

Lastly, trading for Dalton or some dope right now does nothing to Trubisky's confidence. Rumblings after the Packers game were that his confidence was shot and he's done nothing since for that to get better, with Nagy even admitting it before the NO game. Also, if Nagy's now admitting publicly that Trubisky knows it's now or never, that means the internal discussions have been intense. That's enough pressure as it is.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

More critical than the QB position?