Trade Deadline Discussion

WindyCity

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On Chicago Radio... <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AdamSchefter</a> hinted that the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bears?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bears</a> could trade WR Taylor Gabriel for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#49ers</a> QB CJ Beathard.</p>&mdash; 49ers &amp; NFL News 24/7 (@49ersSportsTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1188917256761335816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Huh? 

4 hours ago, malagabears said:

I was talking about trying to trade for him a while back, adding Leno to the trade. I would love to know what they want for him.

41 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Oh, they could get a lot more for Floyd than that. But, bad or not, they're not going to explore it...

What do you think could be had for him? He is due $13 mil next season as an off-ball LB. If it is a 3rd or higher I'd go for it, it is automatically better than a comp pick if so. At this point I'm ready to throw Nick K out there for help vs the run game. He is a talented player that simply isn't consistent or a game changer IMO.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was talking about trying to trade for him a while back, adding Leno to the trade. I would love to know what they want for him.

What do you think could be had for him? He is due $13 mil next season as an off-ball LB. If it is a 3rd or higher I'd go for it, it is automatically better than a comp pick if so. At this point I'm ready to throw Nick K out there for help vs the run game. He is a talented player that simply isn't consistent or a game changer IMO.

Anthony Barr is the same player at this point but better & he got a big contract.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Anthony Barr is the same player at this point but better & he got a big contract.

Right, but to me he isn't worth that deal. Someone will absolutely overpay for Floyd, but I don't want it to be Chicago. The reason I wouldn't trade him for under a 3rd is just because comp picks just start after the last regular 3rd round pick is made. Any real third will be before that. That's all.

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Right, but to me he isn't worth that deal. Someone will absolutely overpay for Floyd, but I don't want it to be Chicago. The reason I wouldn't trade him for under a 3rd is just because comp picks just start after the last regular 3rd round pick is made. Any real third will be before that. That's all.

Oh trust me, me neither. He's aggravating as hell. I said yesterday I'd trade him for kicking tees. In reality if they could get a 4 or 5, I'd definitely send him out of town. I think Baltimore and Oakland are decent fits

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh trust me, me neither. He's aggravating as hell. I said yesterday I'd trade him for kicking tees. In reality if they could get a 4 or 5, I'd definitely send him out of town. I think Baltimore and Oakland are decent fits

Who do you replace him with if you trade him away.. Lynch? Irving sucks and they don't have anyone else in the pipeline right now. 

Floyd is pretty solid IMO even if he's not filling up the sack stat sheet in a weekly basis. 

I'm telling you guys that this team would miss him more than you think, especially the run D.

I am in favour of him playing out his option year. Then if you need to move on after that do so in 2021 when you have more draft capital to work with. 

There will be too many needs on offense next offseason to worry about instead of finding another capable OLB opposite Mack.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Who do you replace him with if you trade him away.. Lynch? Irving sucks and they don't have anyone else in the pipeline right now. 

Floyd is pretty solid IMO even if he's not filling up the sack stat sheet in a weekly basis. 

I'm telling you guys that this team would miss him more than you think, especially the run D.

I am in favour of him playing out his option year. Then if you need to move on after that do so in 2021 when you have more draft capital to work with. 

There will be too many needs on offense next offseason to worry about instead of finding another capable OLB opposite Mack.

Does it really natter? Play Lynch and Irving. Floyd makes a solid tackle every game and that's it. He's pretty useless imo

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I think they could get a third. He might actually be more valuable in a 4-3. Game wise, not salary wise...

19 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Does it really natter? Play Lynch and Irving. Floyd makes a solid tackle every game and that's it. He's pretty useless imo

Yea it does because Lynch is not an every down player and Irving sucks. If this team still wants to have a good defense next year then they can't just trade their young starters. Not a lot of other options out there to replace him with unless you want the team to spend big money on a guy like Shaq Barrett but they need that cap space for other areas.

38 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think they could get a third. He might actually be more valuable in a 4-3. Game wise, not salary wise...

I'd take a 3rd in a heartbeat. He offers almost no passrush and disappears in 2-3 games and looks like a real solid guy for one game, then back to being JAG. 

I'd put Kwiatkoski in for run defense and sub in Lynch for passing downs. 

This season is basically over for Chicago, to put yourself in the best position to win in 2020 his role is much easier to replace at under $13 mil. Or if you're going to spend money get someone who doesn't routinely get manhandled against a single blocker. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I actually contemplated a swap with Wash. Leno for Williams, maybe Leno needs a scenery change.

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Floyd isn't returning a 3rd round compensatory pick. More likely a 4th - 6th. He will not be signing a huge contract given his limited production IMO.

Edited by big_palooka