MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

8 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Man, that one reporter that can't articulate what he's trying to say is just beyond hard to listen to. He asks dumb questions and doesn't listen to what the fighters have said.

He legit asked Rose how it felt to hear "And New" a moment ago. He also asked JJ whether she was going to stop fighting. He's a turd.

Just listened to that lol that's still worse than the stupid guy that asked about a CM Punk/Money fight

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

He clearly meant Khabib’s striking is getting exposed in the context of vs Conor and probably even Tony. Not against Iaquinta.

I never did understand those who said Khabib would run through McGregor. I’m not particularly a fan of anyone, but Conor would sleep him easily.

I would say there is a better chance of conor getting grinded out, while on his back than conor actually sleeping Khabib

34 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

I'm no Conor fan but I want to see that fight so bad. Because if there is anyone who can come up with a way to counter Khabib pressure it's him. Also I just want to see Khabib grind him into the mat for 5 rounds B|

Connor needs to be suspended at least a year. The next fight for him should be Ferguson. But also have Gaethje/Poirier winner on the card so if Ferguson can't go they have a legit contender that has gone through training and can be inserted into the fight.

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I would say there is a better chance of conor getting grinded out, while on his back than conor actually sleeping Khabib

It easily could go the way the Mendes fight did though. Conor was on his back the whole fight it seemed but once the round is over they start standing again and he gets his chance to knock him out

36 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

It easily could go the way the Mendes fight did though. Conor was on his back the whole fight it seemed but once the round is over they start standing again and he gets his chance to knock him out

Mendes took that fight on short notice and gassed.  I don't think Mendes is a better wrestler than Khabib (although not too far behind) and Khabib seems to be able to take a punch.  Conor has excellent footwork, timing, and power which could ultimately help him get a KO.  However, Khabib has the ability to take Conor down, and beat him up for 5 rounds if need be.  I'm betting that this is more likely to happen.

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

....ok buddy.

Bruh it’s the truth. Injuries are over exaggerated most of the time. It’s the ones you don’t know about that are the craziest ones. Like when Dirk tore a ligament on his middle finger against the Heat. A lot of people made a big deal about it. But you can actually play without it. 

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Mendes took that fight on short notice and gassed.  I don't think Mendes is a better wrestler than Khabib (although not too far behind) and Khabib seems to be able to take a punch.  Conor has excellent footwork, timing, and power which could ultimately help him get a KO.  However, Khabib has the ability to take Conor down, and beat him up for 5 rounds if need be.  I'm betting that this is more likely to happen.

I agree with everything you say but I think if Khabib lets the fight go on for 5 rounds thats a mistake. If you say it will go 5, Conor will have at least 5 opportunities to put him away just by having to start the round standing. Conor's tank better be ready though because 5 rounds of Khabib on top is gonna suck

10 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Bruh it’s the truth. Injuries are over exaggerated most of the time. It’s the ones you don’t know about that are the craziest ones. Like when Dirk tore a ligament on his middle finger against the Heat. A lot of people made a big deal about it. But you can actually play without it. 

Still impressive though right? Like at least in basketball you can rely on other people some but everything he throws with that hand is going to hurt some even if its a small fracture no? I mean adrenaline will play a part but that was a 15 minute slugfest

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Still impressive though right? Like at least in basketball you can rely on other people some but everything he throws with that hand is going to hurt some even if its a small fracture no? I mean adrenaline will play a part but that was a 15 minute slugfest

Especially with small gloves. And a small fracture before would most likely get worse with extended use.

Archived