GDT "beardown3231's lousy preseason Super Bowl matchup prediction" Edition: Chargers & Bears 10/27/19

beardown3231

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Who are some potential QBs in the upcoming draft that could be had in this area and step into this team and be an immediate upgrade?  I think Bears will need to be extremely lucky to find a guy like that.  It's fair to assume that with any rookie QB there will be an adjustment period and some growing pains.  Not sure Pace and Nagy can afford another year of that.

Any of them would be better than 10.

An unknown is always better than a failure.

The rookie pick would be more about 2021 then 2020 where we would need a veteran to fill in.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Any of them would be better than 10.

An unknown is always better than a failure.

The rookie pick would be more about 2021 then 2020 where we would need a veteran to fill in.

So for 2020 you are signing a vet, drafting a rookie and keeping MT as well..so 3 total QB roster spots?  I don't see how the team eats the $9.2M owed to Mitch next year.  Only thing is they can try and trade him but I doubt any other team takes that on.

On 10/26/2019 at 8:37 AM, RunningVaccs said:

Regarding the title of this thread, if it acceptable to consider this Sunday the actual super bowl?

I get the feeling that win or lose ending my football watching season Sunday might be kind of nice.

Dang, even when I'm living in a delusion the Bears still lose the Super Bowl. 

Here is how great the situation is, everyone said it takes the QB in Nagys system 3 years to start to fully get the system down. So who ever comes in is going to have to try and learn what ever the offensive system is faster. This is a long term sh.it show. 

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

So for 2020 you are signing a vet, drafting a rookie and keeping MT as well..so 3 total QB roster spots?  I don't see how the team eats the $9.2M owed to Mitch next year.  Only thing is they can try and trade him but I doubt any other team takes that on.

Yes, that is the only way to ensure the maximum options at QB.

Trubisky is a sunk cost. He can sit in the corner, cash his checks and reflect on why he is garbage.

7 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Here is how great the situation is, everyone said it takes the QB in Nagys system 3 years to start to fully get the system down. So who ever comes in is going to have to try and learn what ever the offensive system is faster. This is a long term sh.it show. 

100% Pace has created a total mess at the most important position in sports.

6 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

This is what I'm trying to stress to others.  Any rookie that comes into this system next year is going to have a big adjustment and it will take time.  We cannot just expect any rookie QB to come in and hit the ground running and make this team a playoff contender again.  We do not have the resources to get a rookie QB that is our first choice.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

This is what I'm trying to stress to others.  Any rookie that comes into this system next year is going to have a big adjustment and it will take time.  We cannot just expect any rookie QB to come in and hit the ground running and make this team a playoff contender again.  We do not have the resources to get a rookie QB that is our first choice.

I do not expect that.

I would redshirt him for a full year with an eye on him being ready in 2021.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do not expect that.

I would redshirt him for a full year with an eye on him being ready in 2021.

Ya that's what you and I would do but Pace and Nagy don't have that luxury unfortunately.  They need to win now because neither may be back beyond next season.

I am just trying to be realistic about this situation given what is most likely.  What realistic option at QB gives this team the best shot at having a successful offense in 2020?

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ya that's what you and I would do but Pace and Nagy don't have that luxury unfortunately.  They need to win now because neither may be back beyond next season.

I am just trying to be realistic about this situation given what is most likely.  What realistic option at QB gives this team the best shot at having a successful offense in 2020?

I feel like a reclamation project is their only hope for success.  Whether that's Trubisky or another vet has yet to be determined, but this team has a lot of questions that will need to be answered this offseason

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dafreak said:

That's BS, if Nagy doesn't trust Mitch then pull him and put in Daniel. The fact is Mitch drove the team down the field to put them into a position to win the game and then Nagy crapped the bed.

How many coors lights made you think of that?

You're right. Just let Mitch sling it. Clearly what he does best. 

19 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

How many coors lights made you think of that?

You're right. Just let Mitch sling it. Clearly what he does best. 

Not defending Mitch but a large portion of his best plays have come right at the end of games in backyard football playtime.  Aside from practice, there is a depressing argument to be made that it actually is what he does best.

18 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Not defending Mitch but a large portion of his best plays have come right at the end of games in backyard football playtime.  Aside from practice, there is a depressing argument to be made that it actually is what he does best.

Great. Call a pass play. Hope he doesn't get sacked and fumble. Hope he doesn't throw an int.  That's how you close out a game. Seriously some of you just clearly don't even know what football is. 

3 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Great. Call a pass play. Hope he doesn't get sacked and fumble. Hope he doesn't throw an int.  That's how you close out a game. Seriously some of you just clearly don't even know what football is. 

I get what you're saying. It was a pretty cowardly move on Nagy's part to kneel the ball in that situation but he clearly doesn't trust this offense and rightfully so.  No guarantee runnung another play would have done any good or resulted in a different outcome so to me it's not really something worth getting upset about.   If Pineiro makes the kick then it is a complete non-story that I'm not even sure gets brought up.  I'm more upset with the goal to go play calling and Mitch's 2 untimely turnovers in the 4th quarter.  That it why we lost more than the last drive relying on a kicker to win.

7 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Not advocating a pass there, should have been more clear, just pointing out that the last second stuff might be Trubisky's best trait, which ain't saying much since he spends the other 59 minutes digging a hole