GDT "beardown3231's lousy preseason Super Bowl matchup prediction" Edition: Chargers & Bears 10/27/19

beardown3231

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I get what you're saying. It was a pretty cowardly move on Nagy's part to kneel the ball in that situation but he clearly doesn't trust this offense and rightfully so.  No guarantee runnung another play would have done any good or resulted in a different outcome so to me it's not really something worth getting upset about.   If Pineiro makes the kick then it is a complete non-story that I'm not even sure gets brought up.  I'm more upset with the goal to go play calling and Mitch's 2 untimely turnovers in the 4th quarter.  That it why we lost more than the last drive relying on a kicker to win.

I agree with a lot but is wasn't cowardly at all. That's the right decision. 

12 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Not advocating a pass there, should have been more clear, just pointing out that the last second stuff might be Trubisky's best trait, which ain't saying much since he spends the other 59 minutes digging a hole

The same was said about Cutler. He's a 4th qtr QB. No, he, like Tru only dont suck against prevent. You can't change the scenario we were in. If you have the ball inside their 25 with a minute left.  You have no QB and no real running game outside of 1 run all season. You take a knee. I would **** a brick if they didn't take a knee. If you know it's a handoff up the middle to get the ball in the middle of the field for the FG attempt that's pretty easy for the D to key on.

4 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

I agree with a lot but is wasn't cowardly at all. That's the right decision. 

Meh.  I don't care how good your FG kicker is there is always a chance that they will miss.  You cannot rely exclusively on those guys to win you games.  That is why people are upset Nagy just settled for a FG when there was ample time to try another play and get closer or possibly score a TD.  

Personally it is a non issue to me and I do not see that as the reason we lost. 

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Meh.  I don't care how good your FG kicker is there is always a chance that they will miss.  You cannot rely exclusively on those guys to win you games.  That is why people are upset Nagy just settled for a FG when there was ample time to try another play and get closer or possibly score a TD.  

Personally it is a non issue to me and I do not see that as the reason we lost. 

The people that are upset are stupid and wrong. Simple as that. 

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

The same was said about Cutler. He's a 4th qtr QB. No, he, like Tru only dont suck against prevent. You can't change the scenario we were in. If you have the ball inside their 25 with a minute left.  You have no QB and no real running game outside of 1 run all season. You take a knee. I would **** a brick if they didn't take a knee. If you know it's a handoff up the middle to get the ball in the middle of the field for the FG attempt that's pretty easy for the D to key on.

Just to play devil's advocate, if they are going to key the middle of the field (and you're right they very likely are) then why not run towards the short side of the field - left? The hashes aren't as wide as college and if they are selling out to your right then you may be able to break a small chunk play off at least. It still ends up on the left hash regardless but likely 3-5 yards closer with the rush.

Edited by Sugashane

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Nagy was really good and honest today. Talked for 28 minutes and even waived off PR at one point when they tried to cut the session short. He was well spoken.

Good but I am tired of hearing the same old things each week.  It's not Nagy's fault but it's becoming stale and the media is partially to blame for that.

Less talk and more action please and thanks

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Guys were open yesterday. Even the RZ issues weren't all on him after rewatching the game. On the goal line, Trubisky threw a sidearm pass to a 6'8 TE who was open on a slant instead of throwing over the top. The QB sucks.

100% this. It's easy to blame Nagy but without a QB you can't do much. How good is Matt Patricia's defense right now? Talent is required to coach well.

39 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Just to play devil's advocate, if they are going to key the middle of the field (and you're right they very likely are) then why not run towards the short side of the field - left? The hashes aren't as wide as college and if they are selling out to your right then you may be able to break a small chunk play off at least. It still ends up on the left hash regardless but likely 3-5 yards closer with the rush.

Likely is not the word I would use. If it was my money we would lose more yards than a kneel down.  Also when the best possible outcome is a 3-5 yard run while the most likely outcome is far worse, you do what every smart coach does and take a knee. 

34 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Guys were open yesterday. Even the RZ issues weren't all on him after rewatching the game. On the goal line, Trubisky threw a sidearm pass to a 6'8 TE who was open on a slant instead of throwing over the top. The QB sucks.

The redzone was bad yesterday for Nagy.

Taking half the season to run the I formation was stupid.

Letting Trubisky throw in the 4th was dumb.

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The redzone was bad yesterday for Nagy.

Taking half the season to run the I formation was stupid.

Letting Trubisky throw in the 4th was dumb.

Yeah, he was, but again the QB is throwing sidearm. That's bad because he's bad.

He let him throw and designed a play where Gabriel was open by 8 yards and still found a way to miss him by 7 yards. Stupid? Sure, I guess, but the call was perfect. The QB sucks. 

3 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Likely is not the word I would use. If it was my money we would lose more yards than a kneel down.  Also when the best possible outcome is a 3-5 yard run while the most likely outcome is far worse, you do what every smart coach does and take a knee. 

You're throwing absolutes out there without anything backing them up. Just because he said they'd lose 3 yards or whatever doesn't mean it absolutely would happen. Lol. 

I doubt any of us had them making a 50+ yard run but it happened. You're guessing that 3-5 yards is the best that could have had. They were dpwn 2 pr 3 DTs, so tjey should have had an advantage of they went heavy vs heavy. Or scheme a quick pass. The call wasnt smart, it showed he lacked confidence in his OL and Montgomery compared to an injured DL. 

That smart coach needs to put his players in the best possible position, not just good enough. Whether he calls 30+ straight pass plays or calls for Tru to kneel the only person he has consistently outsmarted was himself. So far he hasn't done himself a ton of favors this year, and he has helped the Bears earn a losing record so far. Pineiro needs to make that kick but putting up 19 on a last second FG is still pretty damn bad. 

I hope he turns it around but he is just digging himself a bigger hole so far. 

Edited by Sugashane