GDT "beardown3231's lousy preseason Super Bowl matchup prediction" Edition: Chargers & Bears 10/27/19

beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Their first 2 drives were horrendous because the QB sucks. Now they look good because he's making throws.

Novel concept

So, a coach that adjusted to what the defense was doing I assume. Especially for a QB who was just signed in August. 

8 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

So, a coach that adjusted to what the defense was doing I assume. Especially for a QB who was just signed in August. 

Dude, if you saw those drives you would've seen that Moore was bad. He's now hitting open guys. Trubisky left two touchdowns and about 90 yards on the field today. Nagy was getting guys open. The QB here sucks.

17 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

So...he's admitting he was panicked, and therefore frozen into utter indecision. Wow. Good look for him.

First down, with fifty two seconds left? Provide another example of that. I'll wait. 

Getting in for a closer--and in case you need clarity here, an easier field goal? When there is, essentially, no reason to do otherwise? 

Produce a worse strategic, on-field,  coaching decision. I'll wait. There may be other decisions that are equally stupid--can't think of any that are worse.

Not running the ball with Lynch, and instead having Wilson throw it from the one. 

I'm against Nagy not moving in or at least having Tru step and drop in between the hashes, but Idk if I'll ever see a worse call that SEA. 

26 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

So...he's admitting he was panicked, and therefore frozen into utter indecision. Wow. Good look for him.

First down, with fifty two seconds left? Provide another example of that. I'll wait. 

Getting in for a closer--and in case you need clarity here, an easier field goal? When there is, essentially, no reason to do otherwise? 

Produce a worse strategic, on-field,  coaching decision. I'll wait. There may be other decisions that are equally stupid--can't think of any that are worse.

Too much blame elsewhere when its becoming more apparent that Nagy is the problem.

46 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Dude, if you saw those drives you would've seen that Moore was bad. He's now hitting open guys. Trubisky left two touchdowns and about 90 yards on the field today. Nagy was getting guys open. The QB here sucks.

Give it up both Nagy and Trubisky suck. The Bears just have next season with them also. 

I've bashed Nagy as much or more than anyone in the subforum, and he deserves flack for the conservatism on the final FG. But this loss wasn't on him.

Pineiro is my guy, but he missed twice when he normally makes those with ease,  he was 9-10 before today and I'm pretty sure everyone here gave him a pass for having a jacked up kicking leg and still going out and getting us 7 points (counting PATs of course). Anyone saying to cut him is out of their damn mind.  He has been our MVP beside Robinson so far. And the sad part is he STILL outscored the rest of the offense while missing 2 FGs.

The defense played well, and had to deal with some short fields. Outside of one drive they dominated, and it is unreasonable to blame them for the loss when they only gave up 16 points.

Nagy finally ran the damn ball. He ran it, the OL got in a rhythm, and they got solid yardage. It was greatly inflated by a 55 yard run, but even if that is taken out then he got 3 YPC or something similar. Adrian Peterson has made a living off chunk plays and hard short yard runs that move the chains. I'll take the consistent 3-4 yarders and chunk plays.

Tru just **** the bed. I'm a fan of the kid, I think he can still be something somewhere else in time, but he isn't meshing well with Nagy. He overthrew Turbo for a TD again, he floated a lob to Burton for an INT, freaked out. On that fumble I think he was bumped by Leno when he got manhandled and thought he was getting hit from a defender but the fumble still was inexcusable. If Nagy thinks Daniel is the better QB then play him. If Tru is, then play him. But he has to rebuild belief that he can run an offense better and produce points. If he keeps getting these 1 TD/3 FG games then FAs are going to avoid the place and our defensive players WILL turn on him. 

• Like 2

I'll just finish with I'm tired of and bored with this ongoing version of Bears football.  I've watched this going on for too many years now.

I don't even know what to discuss any longer because the solution is so obvious yet seemingly so difficult for all of these guys, coaches and players alike, to accomplish.  Each week is like Ground Hog Day and I feel like Bill Murray.

My interest in the 2019 season is basically shot. Until they do something to start earning it back my belief is they'd be better off to lose and improve the level of our draft picks.  If they can't win with who we have then IMHO that's piss poor coaching.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soulman said:

I'll just finish with I'm tired of and bored with this ongoing version of Bears football.  I've watched this going on for too many years now.

I don't even know what to discuss any longer because the solution is so obvious yet seemingly so difficult for all of these guys, coaches and players alike, to accomplish.  Each week is like Ground Hog Day and I feel like Bill Murray.

My interest in the 2019 season is basically shot. Until they do something to start earning it back my belief is they'd be better off to lose and improve the level of our draft picks.  If they can't win with who we have then IMHO that's piss poor coaching.

I was 100% buying what you were selling until you said coaching. The correct answer is QB.

Until we have a legit QB none of this matters.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Pineiro is my guy, but he missed twice when he normally makes those with ease,  he was 9-10 before today and I'm pretty sure everyone here gave him a pass for having a jacked up kicking leg and still going out and getting us 7 points (counting PATs of course). Anyone saying to cut him is out of their damn mind.  He has been our MVP beside Robinson so far. And the sad part is he STILL outscored the rest of the offense while missing 2 FGs.

It's worse than just sad.  It's a pathetic comment on an offense that over roughly 1 1/2 seasons can only seem to average 16 points per game.  Even over 400 yards of total offense STILL wasn't enough to break out of that rut.

10 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Give it up both Nagy and Trubisky suck. The Bears just have next season with them also. 

I'm willing to give Nagy one more year with a better, smarter, more confident and more fearless QB.

Nagy could have probably subbed in and hit Gabriel in stride on that missed TD throw.

Frankly I've seen one too many of those through Mitch's first 3 years. It is always either over or under thrown on those long passes. Why can't we just get a guy who can hit those?