GDT "beardown3231's lousy preseason Super Bowl matchup prediction" Edition: Chargers & Bears 10/27/19

beardown3231

Another loss against an AFCW team that should have and certainly could have been a win.  Flip the results of just those two games around and we're 5-2 and still in the thick of things.

But as crazy as it may sound maybe these losses are good since they point out again just how glaringly poor this offense is at scoring again this year with Mitch at QB and Nagy calling the shots.

Basically 2019 is a repeat of 2018 without the defensive touchdowns and turnovers that led to several wins.  This is not a good team offensively at all.  They're completely lacking in that killer instincts and/or play calling that gets the ball in the end zone and far too willing to settle for FGs when a TD should have been a sure thing.

It seems to be like we're right back to the Fox era of playing not to lose hoping to eek out wins while scoring less than 20 ppg and in this league that's not gonna work period.

After last weeks loss at home I called for a complete restart and I still believe that's what needed again starting with Nagy handing over his headphones and play list and considering a change at QB. Despite Mitch having had a better game today he's still not capable of putting a game away and once again we lose on a missed FG at the gun.  A FG that would have been good from 35 yards had we kept pushing the ball upfield.  I'm not defending the miss but it looks like the wind caught it hard as it approached the end zone.

But the bottom line is with coming away from 3 previous shots from inside the 10 yard like with only 9 points I really do feel like we've not gained a single thing offensively with Matt Nagy now calling the shots.  It's like John Fox is still here and all I can say is this bunch has one hell of a lot of work to do before they will ever be close to becoming a championship team including at QB and HC.

Edited by soulman

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is the game Nagy told everyone he has zero belief in Trubisky...I expect a 2nd round hand picked QB this offseason.

Mitch is awful.

Nagy hasn’t been good, but he is playing a guy who sucks at the steering wheel of his offense.

I am not sure what Trubisky costs Pace.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Mitch is awful.

Nagy hasn’t been good, but he is playing a guy who sucks at the steering wheel of his offense.

I am not sure what Trubisky costs Pace.

The D Pace has build is enough to get him another shot at a QB...getting rid of Pace would be a terrible idea as Halas Hall feels better ran than it did for a decade...

We need a new QB...and probably a new OC to counter some of what Nagy wants to do as I feel Helfrich is too similar.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, soulman said:

Another loss against an AFCW team that should have and certainly could have been a win.  Flip the results of just those two games around and we're 5-2 and still in the thick of things.

But as crazy as it may sound maybe these losses are good since they point out again just how glaringly poor this offense is at scoring again this year with Mitch at QB and Nagy calling the shots.

Basically 2019 is a repeat of 2018 without the defensive touchdowns and turnovers that led to several wins.  This is not a good team offensively at all.  They're completely lacking in that killer instincts and/or play calling that gets the ball in the end zone and far too willing to settle for FGs when a TD should have been a sure thing.

It seems to be like we're right back to the Fox era of playing not to lose hoping to eek out wins while scoring less than 20 ppg and in this league that's not gonna work period.

After last weeks loss at home I called for a complete restart and I still believe that's what needed again starting with Nagy handing over his headphones and play list and considering a change at QB. Despite Mitch having had a better game today he's still not capable of putting a game away and once again we lose on a missed FG at the gun.  A FG that would have been good from 35 yards had we kept pushing the ball upfield.  I'm not defending the miss but it looks like the wind caught it hard as it approached the end zone.

But the bottom line is with coming away from 3 previous shots from inside the 10 yard like with only 9 points I really do feel like we've not gained a single thing offensively with Matt Nagy now calling the shots.  It's like John Fox is still here and all I can say is this bunch has one hell of a lot of work to do before they will ever be close to becoming a championship team including at QB and HC.

Consequently the lone win against an AFC West team should've been a loss, so I guess it sort of evens out

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The D Pace has build is enough to get him another shot at a QB...getting rid of Pace would be a terrible idea as Halas Hall feels better ran than it did for a decade...

We need a new QB...and probably a new OC to counter some of what Nagy wants to do as I feel Helfrich is too similar.

I’m unsure if this is the offense Nagy wants to run or the one he feels he has to run.

Today we saw the Bears make all the adjustments the critics asked for and they still struggled. Having a QB this bad gives the rest of the team a thin margin for error.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I’m unsure if this is the offense Nagy wants to run or the one he feels he has to run.

Today we saw the Bears make all the adjustments the critics asked for and they still struggled. Having a QB this bad gives the rest of the team a thin margin for error.

Between the 10's, I thought Nagy was good. Even on the unnecessary back to back throws when Trubisky threw the INT, Gabriel was wide TF open on the play before. That's not Nagy's fault. They also had a few chunk plays that we aren't used to seeing.

32 minutes ago, soulman said:

Despite Mitch having had a better game today he's still not capable of putting a game away and once again we lose on a missed FG at the gun.  A FG that would have been good from 35 yards had we kept pushing the ball upfield.  I'm not defending the miss but it looks like the wind caught it hard as it approached the end zone.

Who didn't put the game away, then? Let's focus on the blame here, and ultimately it's Nagy. 

Snatched defeat from the mouth of victory. All while undermining whatever growth this team showed today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Who didn't put the game away, then? Let's focus on the blame here, and ultimately it's Nagy. 

Snatched defeat from the mouth of victory. All while undermining whatever growth this team showed today. 

I don't think we can put the blame on any one person today. Trubisky's turnover was worth 7 points and at worst another 2 minutes off of the clock. He wasn't good enough again today. As @soulman said they lost another home game allowing under 20 points. That's brutal

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Mitch sucks.

INT, Missed TD, Fumble was where the game was lost.

This is how we lost the game. He was actually accurate between 15-20 yards and the offense looked decent finally. He just isn’t consistent in anyway to make him a starter for us.

Hes the number one reason we aren’t a 17-15th ranked offense. 

Nagy isn’t able to call any of the things he wants. We gotta try to get Alex Smith or Foles next year. 

Just now, WindyCity said:

The right play at the end of the game is to throw 2-3 passes and try and gain real yards or go to the end zone.

That is what you do if you have a QB that doesn’t suck.

The Bears can’t do that because their QB sucks.

Exactly. That's why you don't do it.  That's not a bad decision by the coach. It's a smart one.  Our offensive strength there was taking a knee.  You can't put the ball in Mitch's hands.