How To Fix A Broken Offense......

soulman

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

What about sidearming a throw to Shaheen on the goal line and throwing a pass 3 yards behind Robinson on a slant on the goal line?

The one that was batted? I don't call that a sidearm throw, but it certainly wasn't over the top.

Robinson would have been decapitated if Trubisky threw that ball in front of him, but still that ball could have been better (and an NFL WR should catch the ball if it his them in the mitts).

There was bad from Trubisky, nobody is saying otherwise. But I do think a lot of people are overlooking or disregarding anything else that he did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Even with all of that he still put the team in position to win the game, Windy. You can't deny that part of the equation.

He can't control Shaheen sucking donkey **** and not even getting his hands on a football that was thrown in his wheel-house, he can't control shoddy line-play in the red zone / poor play calling by the head coach. He CAN control airmailing Taylor Gabriel yet again and that is the next step I need to see him take. He hit other throws today (Gabirel, Robinson, Burton) that were impressive, stack those.

His mistakes were the reason they needed a game winning drive.

You can’t set your house on fire and then get credit for putting it out.

He is bad with brief flashes of competence. That simply is not good enough. 

His play this season has been horrendous. You can cherry pick moments where he looks alright, but that is a trash way to evaluate. There is a reason his advanced stats and metrics are verging on historically bad.

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

Which play calls specifically indicate to you that Nagy has given up on him?

Not letting him do anything in the redzone. The one man Robinson route, the draw on 3rd down from the 9, the one man route to Shaheen.

Not throwing the ball at the end of the game with a time out.

Running it with Montgomery right before the half with time winding down.

Again, if you think Nagy trusts Trubisky we are not living in the same reality.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Not letting him do anything in the redzone. The one man Robinson route, the draw on 3rd down from the 9, the one man route to Shaheen.

Not throwing the ball at the end of the game with a time out.

Running it with Montgomery right before the half with time winding down.

Again, if you think Nagy trusts Trubisky we are not living in the same reality.

I recall two out-and-ups that drew flags, a slant to Shaheen and a jerk route to Shaheen as well which was dropped.

Not throwing the ball at the end of the game, to me, had nothing to do with not trusting Trubisky.

Running it on 3rd and 9 was pure crap and I'll agree with you there.

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

I recall two out-and-ups that drew flags, a slant to Shaheen and a jerk route to Shaheen as well which was dropped.

Not throwing the ball at the end of the game, to me, had nothing to do with not trusting Trubisky.

Running it on 3rd and 9 was pure crap and I'll agree with you there.

The one man route to Robinson is an I don’t trust him to make more than 1 read, the fact it drew a flag was lucky.

The  later they run a 1 read play to Shaheen, because again, they don’t want him making a read. They predetermine the read for him and the Chargers are all over it.

The draw was a straight up i would rather a FG than an INT.

Good teams with 43 seconds and a time out might throw 2-3 passes at the end of the game.

30 seconds left in the half and you ran the ball and almost ran out of time. If you trust your QB you can throw 2 passes to the end zone with that time. They passed on 2 Trubisky throws and instead almost got 0 points.

Nagy doesn’t trust Trubisky, with good reason, because he is bad. So we are stuck in this horrible feedback loop of bad QB play and bad Play Calls trying to hide the QB.

They aren’t training wheelsing Trubisky, they are bubble wrapping him.

I think it is a little ridiculous. But every time I say that Trubisky turns around and throws the game away like he did in the 4th quarter.

Or looks completely lost against the Saints.

Edited by WindyCity

That was a really awful passing defense. That should have been Lions or Bucs from last season.

But Nagy won’t let Trubisky do that because when he stopped running the ball a ton and let Trubisky throw the ball he rewarded him with INT, Gabriel miss, idiotic fumble.

Those passes he hit was what he was suppose to do. The Chargers pass defense is giving up historic numbers to QBs.

That game should have been the Lions game from last season.

But this is the negative feedback loop the Bears are stuck in offensively.

Nagy doesn’t trust Mitch so he calls a ****ty game, but a soon as their is a little momentum and maybe some trust being built, Mitch tries to Chuck the game away.

The Nagy-Trubisky relationship is toast. They are now getting in each other’s way.

Louis Riddick is as plugged in with then Andy Reid guys as anyone and he said the same thing yesterday on countdown.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

The one that was batted? I don't call that a sidearm throw, but it certainly wasn't over the top.

Robinson would have been decapitated if Trubisky threw that ball in front of him, but still that ball could have been better (and an NFL WR should catch the ball if it his them in the mitts).

There was bad from Trubisky, nobody is saying otherwise. But I do think a lot of people are overlooking or disregarding anything else that he did.

That's exactly it. It's year three and he doesn't realize that throwing over the top to a 6'7 TE on the goal line when he has a 5'11 DB guarding him is a good idea... or maybe he did but his mechanics are still that bad. Either way, it's a huge negative.

And wait, what? The ball tipped Robinson's fingernails as he dove backwards while running full speed ahead. You cannot be serious that it should've been caught. No one said to necessarily lead him but a much better throw and Robinson catches it and either falls into the endzone or they have it at the 1.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

But this is the negative feedback loop the Bears are stuck in offensively.

Nagy doesn’t trust Mitch so he calls a ****ty game, but a soon as their is a little momentum and maybe some trust being built, Mitch tries to Chuck the game away.

The Nagy-Trubisky relationship is toast. They are now getting in each other’s way.

Louis Riddick is as plugged in with then Andy Reid guys as anyone and he said the same thing yesterday on countdown.

I don't know about any relationship issues but what you're saying is true about Nagy having trust issues with Mitch on the field. He is coaching scared right now because he's stuck with a player that has regressed pretty badly and who cannot make the needed throws consitently to make this offense go...plus he doesn't have a better option waiting behind him to turn to.

Looking back at it they probably should have just IR'd Mitch with his shoulder injury and let him sit for the rest of the year hoping that he actually might learn a thing or two then bring some legit competition for next season. Right now he is lost and has little confidence.