How To Fix A Broken Offense......

soulman

I think you trade for Nick Foles next offseason.

1. He is good enough to start and give you league average QB play.

2. He can start for a couple of seasons if you are grooming a rookie.

3. He is not so expensive and you are not committed to him to the point that he can't hit the bench if Mitch comes back from the dead.

58 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Point remains: why? Why throw that 3/4 when the target is a giant? Further how is this on Nagy?

Why did he throw the ball the way he did? Only way to know is ask him. You made it sound like he stupidly dropped his arm to throw the ball and that's why it was batted. Completely wrong. 

And who said anything about this being on Nagy? Man... 

Edited by G08

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

Why did he throw the ball the way he did? Only way to know is ask him. You made it sound like he stupidly dropped his arm to throw the ball and that's why it was batted. Completely wrong. 

And who said anything about this being on Nagy? Man... 

He did. He stupidly dropped his arm angle on the goal line while throwing to a guy who had 9" on the guy guarding him. That's stupid and that's why it was batted.

You said something about Nagy.

"He can't control Shaheen sucking donkey **** and not even getting his hands on a football that was thrown in his wheel-house, he can't control shoddy line-play in the red zone / poor play calling by the head coach. He CAN control airmailing Taylor Gabriel yet again and that is the next step I need to see him take. He hit other throws today (Gabirel, Robinson, Burton) that were impressive, stack those."

He missed two touchdowns by throwing way behind Robinson on the goal line and throwing 1/2-3/4 arm angle to Shaheen. He then turned the ball over twice on his own side of the field, so yeah I'm not sure he put them anywhere close to a position to win.

Edited by beardown3231

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He did. He stupidly dropped his arm angle on the goal line while throwing to a guy who had 9" on the guy guarding him. That's stupid and that's why it was batted.

You said something about Nagy.

"He can't control Shaheen sucking donkey **** and not even getting his hands on a football that was thrown in his wheel-house, he can't control shoddy line-play in the red zone / poor play calling by the head coach. He CAN control airmailing Taylor Gabriel yet again and that is the next step I need to see him take. He hit other throws today (Gabirel, Robinson, Burton) that were impressive, stack those."

He missed two touchdowns by throwing way behind Robinson on the goal line and throwing 1/2-3/4 arm angle to Shaheen. He then turned the ball over twice on his own side of the field, so yeah I'm not sure he put them anywhere close to a position to win.

Wow. That is a reach lol

Look, I can't change how you comprehend things, but I can tell you my words in that post had nothing, NOTHING, to do with how a football is thrown on a particular play. 

None. 

Did you go back and watch that ball to Robinson? Nagy said it was tipped. 

Again, don't detract from the fact you called that ball a sidearm, which is preposterous. 

Edited by G08

28 minutes ago, G08 said:

Wow. That is a reach lol

Look, I can't change how you comprehend things, but I can tell you my words in that post had nothing, NOTHING, to do with how a football is thrown on a particular play. 

None. 

Did you go back and watch that ball to Robinson? Nagy said it was tipped. 

Again, don't detract from the fact you called that ball a sidearm, which is preposterous. 

I'm referring to the throw to SHAHEEN. Robinson is not 6'7. Shaheen is. He threw a horrible, weird angled throw to Shaheen on the goal line. That's ******* idiotic and it's no one's fault but Trubisky's. Trubisky turned the ball over twice on his own side of the field in the 4th quarter and missed 2 easy TD's earlier in the game. He missed Gabriel for a ~70 yard TD in the 4th quarter. You can talk about Nagy's playcalling all you want but when the QB leaves 21 points on the board and hands LAC another 7, that's not on the playcaller.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm referring to the throw to SHAHEEN. Robinson is not 6'7. Shaheen is. He threw a horrible, weird angled throw to Shaheen on the goal line. That's ******* idiotic and it's no one's fault but Trubisky's. Trubisky turned the ball over twice on his own side of the field in the 4th quarter and missed 2 easy TD's earlier in the game. He missed Gabriel for a ~70 yard TD in the 4th quarter. You can talk about Nagy's playcalling all you want but when the QB leaves 21 points on the board and hands LAC another 7, that's not on the playcaller.

I know Shaheen is who you and I are talking about, I'm the one calling you out about thinking the ball to him was thrown sidearm. 

You said "He missed two touchdowns by throwing way behind Robinson on the goal line" to which I inquired if you actually watched that throw closely because Nagy said it was tipped. 

Everything is fine, take a deep breath. 

Edited by G08

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

I know Shaheen is who you and I are talking about, I'm the one calling you out about thinking the ball to him was thrown sidearm. 

You said "He missed two touchdowns by throwing way behind Robinson on the goal line" to which I inquired if you actually watched that throw closely because Nagy said it was tipped. 

Everything is fine, take a deep breath. 

It's actually not fine. Our favorite team has the worst starting QB (the most vital position in all of sports) with no quick fix, but hey if you want to go around it and blame everything else, be my guest.

Edited by beardown3231

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It's actually not fine. Our favorite team has the worst starting QB in football with no quick fix, but hey if we want to go around it and blame everything else, be my guest.

Hey, hey, hey, slow your roll. Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing and actively trying to lose games.

Mitch is the 2nd worst.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It's actually not fine. Our favorite team has the worst starting QB in football with no quick fix, but hey if we want to go around it and blame everything else, be my guest.

I don't like where we're at either dude, trust me, and I dig your passion. You remind me of a younger me. 

This season has pissed me off to no end because I thought we were Super Bowl or bust.  That's the NFL for you and we're the Bears so you know we have to deal with QB bull****. 

I am more than willing to give Trubisky the rest of the season to get his **** together. I don't love what I've seen thus far, but if one is being honest they have to say there have been some flashes. 

To me, the kid is overwhelmed and is so hyperfocused on trying to be perfect that he's forgotten how to just react and play football. Nagy needs to recognize that and do what Kansas City did in 2015: get back to the basics, find out what your team does well and build off that. I watched a ton of their 2015 games the other day and I know there are plays we can take from there (I formation, two back sets, getting the FB involved, etc). 

I don't know how to enjoy Bears football without cheering on the QB (save for Kyle Orton and Brian Hoyer, woof). So I'm going to support this kid until he gives me every reason not to. I don't know how to enjoy this **** while booing and cursing someone who is busting their *** trying to master this scheme. 

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't like where we're at either dude, trust me, and I dig your passion. You remind me of a younger me. 

This season has pissed me off to no end because I thought we were Super Bowl or bust.  That's the NFL for you and we're the Bears so you know we have to deal with QB bull****. 

I am more than willing to give Trubisky the rest of the season to get his **** together. I don't love what I've seen thus far, but if one is being honest they have to say there have been some flashes. 

To me, the kid is overwhelmed and is so hyperfocused on trying to be perfect that he's forgotten how to just react and play football. Nagy needs to recognize that and do what Kansas City did in 2015: get back to the basics, find out what your team does well and build off that. I watched a ton of their 2015 games the other day and I know there are plays we can take from there (I formation, two back sets, getting the FB involved, etc). 

I don't know how to enjoy Bears football without cheering on the QB (save for Kyle Orton and Brian Hoyer, woof). So I'm going to support this kid until he gives me every reason not to. I don't know how to enjoy this **** while booing and cursing someone who is busting their *** trying to master this scheme. 

Very few and it is year 3.

52 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Very few and it is year 3.

There's precedent in this scheme, this exact system, for development and progression. 

A lot of fans have written him off, that's their call. I'm giving him 9 games to figure this thing out. 

I promise you, there will be ups and there will be downs. I hope you expect and understand that. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

You will get your wish.  At least for awhile.  What is benefit of playing Daniel?

They have to hope for a strong set of games at some point.  You will need at least 3 good games in a row to stop howls.  Even then if they come after playoffs are mathematically eliminated people will say it was because pressure was off.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

There's precedent in this scheme, this exact system, for development and progression. 

A lot of fans have written him off, that's their call. I'm giving him 9 games to figure this thing out. 

I promise you, there will be ups and there will be downs. I hope you expect and understand that. 

He's going to need a 10:1 up to down ratio to stick around. Go get 'em, kid!

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He's going to need a 10:1 up to down ratio to stick around. Go get 'em, kid!

He just needs to be good enough to be able to move the offense and score points.  No one is asking or expecting him to be a top-5 or even top-10 QB.  Just be good enough so you can sustain drives, score enough points and keep your defense fresh.  I think he has that capability but he has to start executing better.