How To Fix A Broken Offense......

soulman

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He just needs to be good enough to be able to move the offense and score points.  No one is asking or expecting him to be a top-5 or even top-10 QB.  Just be good enough so you can sustain drives, score enough points and keep your defense fresh.  I think he has that capability but he has to start executing better.

If he plays like he did last week, which I would describe as "move the offense and score points" that won't be good enough to stick around.

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If he plays like he did last week, which I would describe as "move the offense and score points" that won't be good enough to stick around.

Lol how would your describe it as that with only 16 points scored after, I don't even remember what it was, 5-6 red zone trips?  

2 hours ago, G08 said:

There's precedent in this scheme, this exact system, for development and progression. 

A lot of fans have written him off, that's their call. I'm giving him 9 games to figure this thing out. 

I promise you, there will be ups and there will be downs. I hope you expect and understand that. 

Alex Smith was immediately good in this system. Mahomes was good as soon as he stepped on the field.

16 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Alex Smith was immediately good in this system. Mahomes was good as soon as he stepped on the field.

Smith? His 9th year in the league was his first year in this system and he put up an 89.1 rating. 

Trubisky has a 91.1 rating through 19 games in this system. 

Go figure. 

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Because he quite literally "moved the offense" and "scored points."

I didn't see you specify how many.

Score enough points.  1 TD by the offense is not good enough after going to the red zone so many times. 16 total points by the offense will lose you games most weeks in the NFL.

44 minutes ago, G08 said:

I feel a lot better listening to human beings who have played in the NFL echo my thought that Trubisky played his best game of the season last week. 

Stack another one kid. 

His best game of the year was the Washington game, and I'm not sure who would disagree with that.

If that was his best game of the year, this really will be his final 9 games.

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

His best game of the year was the Washington game, and I'm not sure who would disagree with that.

Two former NFL players, I said it in my OP ;)

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

From a statistical perspective I agree, however, I think the last game he really showed some life. He climbed the pocket and at the end drove us down the field. Was it good enough? No, but he did play better than he has all year.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Smith? His 9th year in the league was his first year in this system and he put up an 89.1 rating. 

Trubisky has a 91.1 rating through 19 games in this system. 

Go figure. 

Yeah, Harbaugh had a hell of a hand in that development for Smith too. They aren't comparable. 

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

If not Smith then which QB demonstrates the "development and progression" that happens in this system?

I'm arguing that even though Smith had 8 years of NFL experience, he STILL demonstrated improvement as a QB in the exact system we are running

His years in KC:

2013 - 89.1

2014 - 93.4

2015 - 95.4

2016 - 91.2

2017 - 104.7

Year 5 in this offense, which was year 13 in the NFL for Alex Smith, was the best statistical season of his career.

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

By QB Rating, Trubisky wasn't awful vs New Orleans

Aaand with that being said, what lesson did we learn today?

We learned that you like to twist reality to fit your narrative. You're taking one game, in a blow out, and comparing it to full seasons of football by a different QB.

Just... awful.