How To Fix A Broken Offense......

soulman

I've been all 

25 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

edward_scissorhands_yes.gif

Nagy is holding the team back. I think, even with all of our disparate opinions on everything, we can all agree upon that. 

Agree that Nagy is a problem. My concern is that he is also holding Mitch back. Mitch was not bad last year, why the regression?

I don't know if Nagy is a problem necessarily... I think he's just in a rough spot and doesn't exactly know what to do. Calling 7 runs in a game was ******* awful, but he corrected himself. Is he going to learn from that? Or is he going to go back to the same old ****? Can he adapt or is he hell-bent on jamming his scheme down our team's throat (which clearly isn't working right now).

He's pretty inexperienced as not only a head coach but a play-caller as well. Dude's got to learn and learn fast.

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Watching this Arizona team - they aren’t doing anything special either but they are prepared and know their blocking assignments.

Harry Henderson or whatever the F his name is has to go.

Garoppolo's throwing some dimes

30 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't know if Nagy is a problem necessarily... I think he's just in a rough spot and doesn't exactly know what to do. Calling 7 runs in a game was ******* awful, but he corrected himself. Is he going to learn from that? Or is he going to go back to the same old ****? Can he adapt or is he hell-bent on jamming his scheme down our team's throat (which clearly isn't working right now).

He's pretty inexperienced as not only a head coach but a play-caller as well. Dude's got to learn and learn fast.

lol...that's a problem...

11 hours ago, dafreak said:

I've been all 

Agree that Nagy is a problem. My concern is that he is also holding Mitch back. Mitch was not bad last year, why the regression?

Because he was not good last season and now things are not ideal around him and the schedule got harder.

They expanded the offense and he is mentally shot because of it.

Nagy isn't holding **** back.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Because he was not good last season and now things are not ideal around him and the schedule got harder.

He was also an unknown. Tendencies were not as apparent as they are now. Defenses have adjusted its up to him to take it to the next level.

29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think it's the case of both Mitch regressing and Nagy not making things any easier on his young QB/offense.

I recently read a twitter thread from Dan Orlovsky and after analyzing every snap with Mitch at QB from this season and comparing it to last season's Bears offense he said things have been different this year and Nagy is asking his QB to do too much and not using as many designed QB runs, play action or naked bootleg plays to help him out and keep defenses off balance.

Then you hear the comments that Nagy apparently made to Chris Speilman of the Fox broadcast team before last week's game in which Speilman said Nagy told him "hey they didn't hire me to run the I formation here".  Ya well maybe they didn't Matt but if that helps the offense get going and be productive in the run game then when why not keep doing what's working well for them and not trying to run all these stupid gadget plays all the time that aren't working well?

Good coaches adapt to their players strengths and don't try to fit them into a specific system.  I hope Nagy gets this memo and adjusts accordingly.  That said, Mitch hasn't been good and still needs to make the easy throws that he tends to miss a lot.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think it's the case of both Mitch regressing and Nagy not making things any easier on his young QB/offense.

I recently read a twitter thread from Dan Orlovsky and after analyzing every snap with Mitch at QB from this season and comparing it to last season's Bears offense he said things have been different this year and Nagy is asking his QB to do too much and not using as many designed QB runs, play action or naked bootleg plays to help him out and keep defenses off balance.

Then you hear the comments that Nagy apparently made to Chris Speilman of the Fox broadcast team before last week's game in which Speilman said Nagy told him "hey they didn't hire me to run the I formation here".  Ya well maybe they didn't Matt but if that helps the offense get going and be productive in the run game then when why not keep doing what's working well for them and not trying to run all these stupid gadget plays all the time that aren't working well?

Good coaches adapt to their players strengths and don't try to fit them into a specific system.  I hope Nagy gets this memo and adjusts accordingly.  That said, Mitch hasn't been good and still needs to make the easy throws that he tends to miss a lot.

Nagy is to blame to a degree.

I am sure Nagy came into the season ready to run 202, and instead his QB busted out and his OL has been bad, the problem is that in 7 games he has not realized that and continues to want to run 202.

202 is dead. It died when Mitch fell apart.

I look at it from my personal context.

When I have a new class and I am planning for them like it is going to be Dead Poet's Society and I get a bunch of finger painting vape heads, I have to pretty quickly throw the original plan in the garbage.

Nagy has struggled to throw his 202 in the garbage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy is to blame to a degree.

I am sure Nagy came into the season ready to run 202, and instead his QB busted out and his OL has been bad, the problem is that in 7 games he has not realized that and continues to want to run 202.

202 is dead. It died when Mitch fell apart.

I look at it from my personal context.

When I have a new class and I am planning for them like it is going to be Dead Poet's Society and I get a bunch of finger painting vape heads, I have to pretty quickly throw the original plan in the garbage.

Nagy has struggled to throw his 202 in the garbage.

Agreed.  Nagy is being stubborn and it has costed the team a few losses already.  He needs to just keep it simple for now because Mitch is still a fairly raw player. 

I believe Nagy is a good coach but he needs to put his ego aside and just call what works.