Week 8 GDT - Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

8 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

If he says we're not world beaters, then he's simply admitting to his own team not being really good at all, didn't he?

The fact is, we pretty much manhandled every team we've played so far. Some games, the score didn't reflect how convincingly we beat them. But every game, we were the dominant team. We have been the very definition of world-beaters so far.

He's just a hater. He wishes he was still a Seahawk

55 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

He's just a hater. He wishes he was still a Seahawk

He's a little salty that he could have been a part of this. We went hard after him after him once he got released last year from the Raiders but he chose to go to ATL and play under his former DC in Quinn. And I think we offered him a deal similar to what Carolina gave him this past off-season and he spurned us again. He chose wrong and I think he knows it. And that burn is a deep one obviously so he's in his feelings at the moment lol...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

So Shanahan pretty much took blame for Skule allowing that safety and being left one on one against Irvin. But really this just shows how much he's had to game plan around our back up tackles. Like you will hardly see Jimmy G take any 7 foot drop back without some sort of motion to hold the defense just a split second. Just can't call any drop backs without helping the tackles out. Really does limit our offense in some ways, but luckily it hasn't mattered. Really excited to see this offense once Staley/McGlinchey/Juice Check return. There are games where we will have to pass more than 35 or so times and I think we will be capable of doing that. Need to start threatening defenses vertical and just open it up a tad more. 

Btw, how about we give some love to Tomlinson who is nothing but rock solid week in and week out. What a good trade that was for us. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Shanahan pretty much took blame for Skule allowing that safety and being left one on one against Irvin. But really this just shows how much he's had to game plan around our back up tackles. Like you will hardly see Jimmy G take any 7 foot drop back without some sort of motion to hold the defense just a split second. Just can't call any drop backs without helping the tackles out. Really does limit our offense in some ways, but luckily it hasn't mattered. Really excited to see this offense once Staley/McGlinchey/Juice Check return. There are games where we will have to pass more than 35 or so times and I think we will be capable of doing that. Need to start threatening defenses vertical and just open it up a tad more. 

Btw, how about we give some love to Tomlinson who is nothing but rock solid week in and week out. What a good trade that was for us. 

Haven't watched the game yet but a friend of mine told me Brunskill looked pretty good. Any truth to that?

20 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Haven't watched the game yet but a friend of mine told me Brunskill looked pretty good. Any truth to that?

Yeah, he had mainly a clean game but the thing is, Jimmy only had 24 drop backs....and then most were just quick passes. Shanahan just simply isn't going to risk it with him and Skule as our tackles right now. It kind of sucks at times, but we are doing more than enough to get by and just have to stay patient until we get out guys back. Like even Jimmy G's big pass gain to Kittle came with Skule getting killed by the Panthers edge rusher and Jimmy G shaking free and making a play on his own. Flat out our OL would not hold up if our offense had to just drop back like most teams. 

• Like 2

We haven't allowed a passing TD since Sept 22 when Mason Rudolph threw a long TD against the coverage of Jason Verrett. And in those 4 games since, only 2 TD total (1 rushing TD to Robert Woods, 1 rushing TD to Christian McCaffrey). 

Secondary/Pass Rush beasting these 4 games. Thats against the Rams passing attack and OBJ/Landry too. 

21 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We haven't allowed a passing TD since Sept 22 when Mason Rudolph threw a long TD against the coverage of Jason Verrett. And in those 4 games since, only 2 TD total (1 rushing TD to Robert Woods, 1 rushing TD to Christian McCaffrey). 

Secondary/Pass Rush beasting these 4 games. Thats against the Rams passing attack and OBJ/Landry too. 

Pretty amazing and Allen was the first QB to surpass 100 passing yards against us in the last four weeks. And he ended the game well under 200 yards. 

Pass defense has just been filthy. Really interested in seeing how we defend Murray and the crew on Thursday night. Don't have to worry about their run game at all but they will spread us out all game. 

2 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

Idgaf ima go ahead and say it 2019 Niners>2012 Niners>>2011 Niners

Definitely possible, but those Niners squads had a lot of heart and were extremely tough to beat in the playoffs. Like all the losses came right down to the end. And what works in the playoffs is explosive plays and that 2012 team was a MONSTER in that regard. That is actually what we are lacking right now, at least in the passing game and the reason why some of the games end up being closer than what they should be, despite the team completely dominating. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely possible, but those Niners squads had a lot of heart and were extremely tough to beat in the playoffs. Like all the losses came right down to the end. And what works in the playoffs is explosive plays and that 2012 team was a MONSTER in that regard. That is actually what we are lacking right now, at least in the passing game and the reason why some of the games end up being closer than what they should be, despite the team completely dominating. 

I feel this team is not going to get outcoached **** Harbuagh did with his inept playcalling and lack of adjustments. I also feel this team has nore dog in them than that team. 

7 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

I feel this team is not going to get outcoached **** Harbuagh did with his inept playcalling and lack of adjustments. I also feel this team has nore dog in them than that team. 

I wouldn't say that team lacked dog at all. They were very mentally tough squads that responded well when put in tough situations.

5 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Also in 2012 our Passing Defense completely fell apart in the playoffs. I beleive we will have more explosive plays once that O line gets healthy

Yeah, once the Smith bros got hurt the defense took a big tumble. I don't foresee that happening with this team. 

• Like 1