Denver trades WR Sanders to 49ers

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I'm talking starters. I don't care about all of these backups. Especially when Toilolo and Matthews might not even be on the team by that point.

Toilolo isn't going anywhere. He was getting time even when everyone was healthy.

Keep selling this team short...........

• Like 1

Just now, straighthate said:

Who would be a fan of trading Goodwin for a trade now?  We don’t utilize him to take off the foo anyways and maybe could get a pick back. I wanted him traded before roster cuts. I just don’t see the value in him for us at this point. 

The value is that with Emmanuel Sanders now on the team, he's our default #2 WR rather than default #1.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Toilolo would be the odd man out if we activate Garrett Celek, who has yet to be healthy in 2019. 

Celek???? The man with a broken back? I don't think so, he needs to retire ASAP. Or he can just hit the IR for good and ride this season out on the team and still collect a SB ring! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

The value is that with Emmanuel Sanders now on the team, he's our default #2 WR rather than default #1.

I still don’t think he’s a #2. He’s a threat that we don’t use. I think Sanders with Pettis, Deebo, and Taylor or Hurd in the slot, well I don’t know that Goodwin is necessary. And I know he doesn’t have the straight speed, but James has shown he can be a deep threat. Get a 5th for Goodwin and we can at least have some leverage to move up in the draft if there’s someone we have our eye on in the middle rounds. 

• Like 1

Just now, straighthate said:

I still don’t think he’s a #2. He’s a threat that we don’t use. I think Sanders with Pettis, Deebo, and Taylor or Hurd in the slot, well I don’t know that Goodwin is necessary. And I know he doesn’t have the straight speed, but James has shown he can be a deep threat. Get a 5th for Goodwin and we can at least have some leverage to move up in the draft if there’s someone we have our eye on in the middle rounds. 

In order: 

Pettis - Has been very bad

Deebo - Has been okay

Taylor - Injured, not coming back until late November

Hurd - Injured, not coming back until even later, if at all.

Maybe in the offseason we could trade him, but it's foolish to do so now. Whether or not we use him as he should be used is pretty irrelevant, given that none of the other guys have stepped up and taken a job away from him when it would be really easy to do so. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John232 said:

I think despite feeling like we paid too much, third and fourth round picks are not super hard to acquire. I wouldn’t put it past us to trade back and pick up extra picks depending on how FA plays out.

Mos def I expect our 1st to be traded back and pick an extra day 2 pick somehow. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is the man even out of the concussion protocol yet? 

No - but it's because he can't be tested until he's in pads, and he can't be in pads until his 3-week window from the PUP starts. Shanahan said last week he expects to get Celek out there in "a couple of weeks." There are no concerns with the concussion - only the back. And it sounds like that's nearing its end. And Shanahan said about it, "Hopefully, he'll be fine with all the things he's got to get cleared on. If he is, we'll throw him right into practice, and see if he's ready to go."

Could there be a setback? Certainly. Same thing happened with Hurd. But if he's healthy he'll be activated. 

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

In order: 

Pettis - Has been very bad

Deebo - Has been okay

Taylor - Injured, not coming back until late November

Hurd - Injured, not coming back until even later, if at all.

Maybe in the offseason we could trade him, but it's foolish to do so now. Whether or not we use him as he should be used is pretty irrelevant, given that none of the other guys have stepped up and taken a job away from him when it would be really easy to do so. 

Goodwin is second with 11 receptions. Deebo has 15, Pettis and Bourne both have 9. No one has multiple TDS. Goodwin is not exactly lighting it on fire either. He’s had big drops in the last couple games and it’s only a matter of time before he’s hurt. 

Agreed no ones doing much, but I think a pick and unloading his salary is more valuable at this point. We’re gonna end up having to get rid of one of these guys anyway when Taylor’s back. Bourne probably, and I don’t see Goodwin that far above him, especially not when you include the cost and who has trade value.

1 minute ago, nayad said:

so that 3rd we gave up might return a 4th/5th round comp if we don’t resign Sanders. Pretty chill

We cannot get a higher than 5th round compensation if Sanders signs elsewhere.

But yes, if he signs a decent deal elsewhere, we can pick up a draft pick in 2021. 

Are we sure this guy is just a one year rental though? What will he even fetch on the open market at his age? 

• Like 1