Denver trades WR Sanders to 49ers

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Correct, they still count against the 53.

So for those saying we paid too much? I love that we are going for it. How many times have we seen a team have a great season that falls short in the postseason and then never gets back to that level? Now, if Jimmy G proves to be the real deal, then good bet we will be in contention for the next few years. Still, the Pats go for it every year and we are doing the same. 

I agree. We have something special happening this year so far with our defense. If we can get our guys on o line back soon then we'll see what this offense can really do. Manny catches everything and this should free up kittle to do the things he does. I'm all in, if this helps boost the team I'm all for it.

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I think despite feeling like we paid too much, third and fourth round picks are not super hard to acquire. I wouldn’t put it past us to trade back and pick up extra picks depending on how FA plays out.

hope so, yeah. Sure makes the draft more interesting... and we need interesting post Feb

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

I think despite feeling like we paid too much, third and fourth round picks are not super hard to acquire. I wouldn’t put it past us to trade back and pick up extra picks depending on how FA plays out.

I've actually been a proponent of moving down for a while. And now if we pick in the late 1st round, shouldn't be that difficult to pick up an additional 3rd rounder in the process. 

I'm not too worried about the picks anyways. This is a stacked roster where not many rookies are going to be able to come in and contribute in year one. Definitely want to hit on our early pick, but the Ford/Sanders trades could legitimately be the reason we win it all this year. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Something else of importance- Sanders joins Staley, Coleman, and Juice as the only guys on offense with experience playing in the playoffs. Richburg appeared in one playoff loss with the Giants as well. 

What do you have against Toilolo????

Another good point that was brought up by @Broncofan in the other forum. If we are going to put a lot of importance on this year and potentially making a run, acquiring him isn't just valuable because he's valuable to us as a player on the field, but also by virtue of who can not acquire him now. Look at the other teams putting calls in on him - New Orleans, Green Bay, Carolina. Notice anything? We potentially halted any of those teams from helping themselves improve in this regard, which can be pretty important. 

• Like 4