Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

22 hours ago, N4L said:

I think its part loyalty, part knowing he is in a good spot, part getting a pay bump, and part knowing that he is doing great as a DC but that he sees how good of a coach Kyle is, and that the jobs carry vastly different responsibilities.

I just see the admiration and awe in his eyes when he talks about kyle. I think the respect for kyle, and seeing how he does what he does, could make saleh realize that he might not be ready, because he doesn't think he is as good of a coach as kyle.

"may never be there again" I don't think Saleh thinks about things this way. He is very philosophical. He knows that if he continues to coach good defense the jobs will be there. He is 40 years old. That is young for a coach.

More of a hunch than anything else, but I don't think he leaves this year. If we lose, I cant see him leaving early. If we win, how could he not feel like he could run it back and win again?  

This is so ridiculously subjective in context that I LOL'd

21 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Hasn't Josh McDaniels rejected promotions multiple times?

He has, but all of this has come after leaving for Denver where he flopped. He left his job on the best franchise in the sport at the time because he wanted that promotion. I can see Saleh staying for a better opportunity, but not because of the sparkle he has in his eyes for Kyle, lol.

Reality is that these guys all have an ego and they are almost all type A personalities. They are go getters and over achievers. Saleh far more than likely has ambitions that include becoming a HC in the NFL. Even if he doesn't when a 4 year deal worth 20 million gets tossed out there it is hard to pass that by on a human level.

Time will tell, but odds are not good that he hangs around for long. I do not believe he leaves this offseason because I think people want to see him put it together for multiple years. He isn't Vic Fangio though. He looks like something.

Jeff Wilson Jr was not on the injury report. He had a stinger and is going to play tomorrow. 

Breida hasn't practiced but is still questionable. I know the guy is tough but I would sit him this week. He's battled ankle injurjes for a while now. Let's not be dumb and risk further injury when we are in first place. Let Wilson get some work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

His awareness is phenomenal. He never seems to lose the QB. So glad we drafted him.

This will sound weird, but I am obsessed with his hands. He doesn't do anything special in terms of moves. He just consistently uses his hands to keep hands off of him while moving forward.