Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Sucks that we will have lost Alexander for the season, but we are presumably getting Staley, McGlinchey, Juice Check and Spoon back for Seattle. Just think about what I just said. Almost every single injury we said there will be a big drop off or we don't have a suitable replacement on the roster, but each and every single time we have found ways to overcome it. Our defense should still be elite and our offense should be getting better and better by being healthier and with Jimmy G getting more and more confident in his knee. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sucks that we will have lost Alexander for the season, but we are presumably getting Staley, McGlinchey, Juice Check and Spoon back for Seattle. Just think about what I just said. Almost every single injury we said there will be a big drop off or we don't have a suitable replacement on the roster, but each and every single time we have found ways to overcome it. Our defense should still be elite and our offense should be getting better and better by being healthier and with Jimmy G getting more and more confident in his knee. 

Honestly, I've expected the defense to regress as the season wore on. Just makes sense obviously with the better offensive competition and the like, and the statistics we were putting up were impossible. So I've been prepared for a regression if we do. I am just banking on the offense being even better moving forward to compensate and having positive regression there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

And on the topic of Kittle, let's have some positive news on the day:

Aaah.. Expected it, but it's never true relief until verified. Great news indeed. When he was on the ground last night, it made me realize how silly I was for being angry over the way we were playing up to that point. 

Talk about reevaluating what is important. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I've expected the defense to regress as the season wore on. Just makes sense obviously with the better offensive competition and the like, and the statistics we were putting up were impossible. So I've been prepared for a regression if we do. I am just banking on the offense being even better moving forward to compensate and having positive regression there. 

I mean they won't be holding teams to 100 net passing yards a game, but it should still be dominant and top 2 in the league. That DL and pass rush is just too damn good. And we have sound players on the back end. Alexander provides play making that we will be missing. Greenlaw may be better against the run though. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So our RZ offense the last two games has been money. IIRC, we were 2-2 yesterday and 4-5 against Carolina. Are we at least now at least in the lower 20s in that area? 

24th. Still less than 50% touchdown percentage, but close.