Avery traded to Philly

NateDawg

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Unfortunately Chase is a total pipedream with teams like Miami, Cinci out there. The thought of him opposite of Myles is scary though. 

True. And it'd be impossible for us to lose enough games to be in range. We play some straight up BADDDD teams the rest of the way. And I know we're not great either, but we'll slaughter some of these cupcakes.

• Like 1

Sorry guys this sounds like to me that Dorsey is getting picks to trade for would be free agents 

Even after signing randall and schobert

We will have enough money to sign another 20 million dollar player.

Do not give up on the browns denver is missing Flacco and Chubb we can win this game with me handing of to chubb. 

I think this is a REALLY bad move.
You dont trade 5th round picks who can rush the passer.....I really think if he went to a  team like N.E. who know's how to develop a system based on their players abilities...vs "Well he dosent fit into my 4-2-5 alignment....we dont need him. I FIND some kinds way to get him in on snaps that play to his strengths...

I love Dorsey...but I'm starting to keep score.

Cutting Carl Nassib, who has been solid for Tampa Bay

Drafting Corrbert OVER Courland Sutton (WR Denver SMU) and Edge Harold Landry III (OLB Titans BC)

Trading Avery for a tin of Beans

Drafting DE Chad Thomas over Edge Lorenzo Carter (OLB UGA Giants).

He has made GOOD moves, so I'm not complaining (I mean true he drafted Corbbert, but also drafter Baker, Ward and Chubb with 3 outta the 4 picks)....but just saying, ALL his moves are not Fantastic.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

To keep guys like Thomas and Smith who’ve done nothing.  It’s not like he was just the odd man out.

Drafting Corrbert OVER Courland Sutton (WR Denver SMU) and Edge Harold Landry III (OLB Titans BC)

And Will Hernandez and James Daniels, both of whom are very solid at positions Corbett failed at.

I won’t kill this one.  If the coaches aren’t gonna use him, might as well get some value.  The real question is why wasn’t he being used.  Ah yeah, Chad Thomas.  Again.

Drafting DE Chad Thomas...

Let me stop you there.

He has made GOOD moves, so I'm not complaining (I mean true he drafted Corbbert, but also drafter Baker, Ward and Chubb with 3 outta the 4 picks)....but just saying, ALL his moves are not Fantastic.....

Yep.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think this is a REALLY bad move.
You dont trade 5th round picks who can rush the passer.....I really think if he went to a  team like N.E. who know's how to develop a system based on their players abilities...vs "Well he dosent fit into my 4-2-5 alignment....we dont need him. I FIND some kinds way to get him in on snaps that play to his strengths...

I love Dorsey...but I'm starting to keep score.

Drafting DE Chad Thomas over Edge Lorenzo Carter (OLB UGA Giants).

yes all his moves have not been fantastic but he has made more positive moves than negative moves. 

Also I dont think I would kill him on the Avery move. That is more on the coaches IMO. You really cant have dorsey going to the defensive coaches and telling them they have to play a player. That is a whole other issue in its self. If you look at it, he took a player that cant even be active on a consistent bases, who was a former 5th rd pick and turned him into a 4th yr pick 

When judging it's always most important that the major ones work out. Like Baker, Denzel, Myles. OBJ/Landry. 

Even if these other guys work out you likely can't keep them beyond the rookie deal. Part of why I think Zeitler was moved. Can't keep two of the highest paid guards when many teams find starters late, undrafted, or fa. So sure, he's missed on some picks but even if those guys worked out it shouldn't be making or breaking the team.

Denzel needs to stay healthy. Baker needs to master the game but at the worst should be Dalton level and hold down the position. OBJ, Myles, and Landry have proven themselves.

Now you got a good core so the 1st rounders from here on out should have a greater probability of success. Right now OT seems the obvious choice and it's doubtful anyone will criticize Dorsey for making that selection next year. 

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To keep guys like Thomas and Smith who’ve done nothing.  It’s not like he was just the odd man out.

And Will Hernandez and James Daniels, both of whom are very solid at positions Corbett failed at.

I won’t kill this one.  If the coaches aren’t gonna use him, might as well get some value.  The real question is why wasn’t he being used.  Ah yeah, Chad Thomas.  Again.

Let me stop you there.

Yep.

And Will Hernandez and James Daniels...I FORGOT about those two.....GOOD PULL.

I also reviewed the 2018 right quick........he also drafted Corbertt over Darius Lenoard (SCSU OLB DROY colts) and Josh Jackson (CB Iowa Greenbay).......I thought Jackson was a 1rst round talent....Courtland Sutton was my #1 WR in the draft that year.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I also reviewed the 2018 right quick........he also drafted Corbertt over Darius Lenoard (SCSU OLB DROY colts) and Josh Jackson (CB Iowa Greenbay).......I thought Jackson was a 1rst round talent....Courtland Sutton was my #1 WR in the draft that year.....

The Corbett pick was so bizarre seeing as that we had an entire night to think on it, had trade down opportunities if we wanted, and those listed guys on the board. Then we pulled his name out of the hat. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The Corbett pick was so bizarre seeing as that we had an entire night to think on it, had trade down opportunities if we wanted, and those listed guys on the board. Then we pulled his name out of the hat. 

John Dosey's 2018 2nd Round of the draft....

Austin Corbertt....

giphy.gif

Nick Chubb

giphy.gif

Chad Thomas

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Yeah Sutton would have been my pick at the time iirc.

• Like 1