Avery traded to Philly

NateDawg

Just now, NateDawg said:

I’m truly puzzled. I am hoping that the staff knows something that we all do not about something going on in his life, character issues, etc. Because on the field, this makes zero sense. And on top of this, Olivier Vernon has not been that good this year and I would not be surprised if he is not even back next season. So there is a need there.

So essentially they just created another need in the draft that they have to use a 1-3 round pick on to fill to replace their 5th round gems production

Reportedly got a 4th round pick in 2021. 

If you think of our own let alone other teams 4th round picks, you'd be lucky to get a Genard Avery. We know John Dorsey's hit rate is much like other GMs even in higher rounds. I take no solace from getting a 4th next year unless somehow we use the 4th to trade for an immediate need now or it ends up being folded into a trade package for some real help for the team.

Wilks deserves some criticism for not utilizing a talented player due to "potential scheme fit stuff." Wilks might not even be here whenever it is that we use that 4th round pick or would've had a chance to insert Avery into the line-up.

I'm done with it at this point. A shame.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1