Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LinderFournette

10/28 1 rounder

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

 

Almost went jeudy to give him a true 1 but he needs ol help in the worst way.

Jeudy is a future star. I understand the need but the Jets have a 2nd and two third round picks to take a tackle. I like Wirfs and his ability to play on both side but to me only Thomas is worthing a top 5 pick at that position. In this scenario with Young and Thomas gone, i think Jeudy have to be the pick. imho

Edited by zappa13004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Whos taking a qb before them bengals and dolphins at best?  Im not into projecting/making trades for a mock. 

Tua is:

1) left-handed which is rare in the nfl

2) his durability

3) a bit shorter then ideal. 

4) you also have to determine wether hes the product of having a great supporting cast(2 1st round wrs along with appx a 4th rounder as well.

1) no problem

2) problem

3) no problem (Wilson, Murray, Brees, Mayfield)

4) That can be said about everyone who plays at top programs. Thomas benefit having Kindley next to him, Fulton having Stingley on other side and Delpit and this front 7 etc

And what about his qualities ?

1) explosive QB that can make some game-changing plays that neither Burrow nor Herbert can.

2) He is a natural leader. And such a great character guy to rebuild a franchise from the ground.

3) Played in so much big games yet. He knows what playing under pressure means, no learning curve on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Jeudy is a future star. I understand the need but the Jets have a 2nd and two third round picks to take a tackle. I like Wirfs and his ability to play on both side but to me only Thomas is worthing a top 5 pick at that position. In this scenario with Young and Thomas gone, i think Jeudy have to be the pick. imho

And you can likely shift Wirffs down to the Chargers pick there.  Granted, this makes the assumption that Tom Telesco is smart (which is debatable, though he has shown he won't look a gift horse in the mouth, at least).  But there's no way someone takes a look at the Chargers this season and doesn't come away thinking that OL isn't a massive need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Jeudy is a future star. I understand the need but the Jets have a 2nd and two third round picks to take a tackle. I like Wirfs and his ability to play on both side but to me only Thomas is worthing a top 5 pick at that position. In this scenario with Young and Thomas gone, i think Jeudy have to be the pick. imho

I find this wr class deep and while adding a star would be nice its harder to find good OL to keep darnold from seeing ghosts and giving him time to make a good decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If chase goes before us then thats a solid pick although Okudah, Delpit, or Brown ( you are way lower on him than me) wouldn't be bad picks either depending on whichever one is rated higher of the 4. 

Although i honestly want Chase Young as a Falcons so badly i might offer #4 + our early 2nd round pick to go get him If the Dolphins are interested in dropping to 4 and getting a QB they want still. Might even do both 2nd round picks would have to see though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The LBC said:

And you can likely shift Wirffs down to the Chargers pick there.  Granted, this makes the assumption that Tom Telesco is smart (which is debatable, though he has shown he won't look a gift horse in the mouth, at least).  But there's no way someone takes a look at the Chargers this season and doesn't come away thinking that OL isn't a massive need.

nope. jets must Protect Darnold first before getting a star wr.   it might not be the sexiest pick but their OL has been beaten in back to back weeks fairly handily and it would really help them more to improve the trenches before adding more skill talent. i mean how can a good back like Bell only average 3 ypc.  

i mean 32-62(51.6 %) for 304 yards 2TDs 7ints and 9 sacks(8 were last week) definitely arent good for the last 2 weeks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

nope. jets must Protect Darnold first before getting a star wr.   it might not be the sexiest pick but their OL has been beaten in back to back weeks fairly handily and it would really help them more to improve the trenches before adding more skill talent. i mean how can a good back like Bell only average 3 ypc.  

i mean 32-62(51.6 %) for 304 yards 2TDs 7ints and 9 sacks(8 were last week) definitely arent good for the last 2 weeks.  

I totally agree with this : "jets must Protect Darnold first before getting a star wr.". But i disagree in the way, such a high pick, a top 5, you have to consider BPA and potential elite player way above needs. way above. I watched Wirfs plays (2 full games, not full season though) and i like him but not before guys like Jeudy or Okudah to name a few. Without his injury Walker Little would have been this second legit top 10 OT behind Thomas. I dont think Wirfs is (10-15 to me). So high in the 1st, only bad team draft on needs. Are they ? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I like Grant Delpit, but we need offensive line help.

well unfortunately this OL class to me appears pretty meh for 1st round guys.  i would say theres 4 OTs and maybe 2 IOL that could go round 1. 

i could see u guys maybe trading a 2nd and maybe a 3rd for trent williams if he can pass his physical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

I totally agree with this : "jets must Protect Darnold first before getting a star wr.". But i disagree in the way, such a high pick, a top 5, you have to consider BPA and potential elite player way above needs. way above. I watched Wirfs plays (2 full games, not full season though) and i like him but not before guys like Jeudy or Okudah to name a few. Without his injury Walker Little would have been this second legit top 10 OT behind Thomas. I dont think Wirfs is (10-15 to me). So high in the 1st, only bad team draft on needs. Are they ? :D

unless the jets and their highly debatable "educated" front office fix the OL in free agency they should be getting an OL to help Darnold.   wirfs to me isnt much of a reach at the spot and with his freak athleticism and relatively good coaching from the boys up in iowa i think he has a good chance to be a great LT.   ask joe theisman what he would rather have a Star OL prospect that can solve the LT Position or a star wr who can give him a good WR and i would think he would take the OL cuz without a good LT and RT your QB is in danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 7:57 PM, FalconFan13 said:

If chase goes before us then thats a solid pick although Okudah, Delpit, or Brown ( you are way lower on him than me) wouldn't be bad picks either depending on whichever one is rated higher of the 4. 

Although i honestly want Chase Young as a Falcons so badly i might offer #4 + our early 2nd round pick to go get him If the Dolphins are interested in dropping to 4 and getting a QB they want still. Might even do both 2nd round picks would have to see though.

Guarantee it would take more than one 2nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

unless the jets and their highly debatable "educated" front office fix the OL in free agency they should be getting an OL to help Darnold.   wirfs to me isnt much of a reach at the spot and with his freak athleticism and relatively good coaching from the boys up in iowa i think he has a good chance to be a great LT.   ask joe theisman what he would rather have a Star OL prospect that can solve the LT Position or a star wr who can give him a good WR and i would think he would take the OL cuz without a good LT and RT your QB is in danger

The Raiders did that in 2018 : huge need at OT and they selected Kolton Miller instead of Derwin James or Tremaine Edmunds. In the 1st round and especially in the top 5, BPA > needs. To me. (unless the team have yet a stud at the position like the Falcons, they wont select Jeudy as they have yet Julio and Calvin).

Edited by zappa13004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×