GDT - The Baltimore Runvens

Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, The Third Rider said:

My biggest concern became a reality, this offense is incapable of digging itself out of a hole. That Edelman fumble is too much for the offense to overcome. They can win close games but falling into a big hole is a death sentence.

All of this is false. They will be a top five offense come playoffs.

Just now, The Third Rider said:

My biggest concern became a reality, this offense is incapable of digging itself out of a hole. That Edelman fumble is too much for the offense to overcome. They can win close games but falling into a big hole is a death sentence.

In all fairness if Edelman doesn't fumble the Patriots likely take the lead. Not only did they not score there but the fumble was returned for a TD. We're on to the bye.

11 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Chucking it up without realizing Thomas was behind Sanu....I don’t think it was a miss, I think it was Brady panicking and just throwing it up.

He has looked a lot more flustered than in years passed as well. Some of that is the OL woes, but I just think he is definitely seeing things slower as well. 

That was about needing to score quickly as much as anything, he knew they were playing 2 scores behind, with only a little time remaining and good chance of only getting 1 more possession. They needs to score quickly to have a chance of getting the ball back. Plus, their RZ offense is stalling, so trying a big play to bypass the RZ made sense. They just don't have the OL to hold up for long-developing plays, or the WRs to get open deep.

So pissed right now. That Edelman fumble and that Watson drop will keep me up.

AND it's going into the bye, so 2 weeks of hearing about it. Delightful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Third Rider said:

There is still time to turn it around but 8 weeks in they still look like they are trying to find themselves. The defense has helped them immensely all year long.

McDaniels will always be lame, but the Pats have Brady and Scarnecchia with a bunch of poeple FINALLY om the same page going forward. No shuffling around. Chemistry will continue to build, the injured guys are healthy again, and the offense will take off in a few weeks without looking back unless perhaps they face the Niners in the Super Bowl. Even them...

The only way to beat Belicheck is to have better talent than he has that transcends game plans. Lamar Jackson is just a better athlete than everyone else. Typically though talent against Belicheck only works the first game you play them. If they meet again I'm sure Belicheck will coach them up and neutralize Jackson.  I can't say the same about my Steelers. There were so many times we had much better talent than you guys as a whole but we were flatly out coached. It will be interesting to see a rematch between the Ravens and the Patriots. Some how I think the outcome will be different.

They should have won this game tbh... bunch of mistakes and bad luck.  Ravens ran all over them and were the better team tonight but the Pats are built to beat superior talent by making fewer mistakes and executing in key spots.  Didn’t happen tonight.

- Failing to stop the Ravens on multiple 3rd and 4th downs they had dead 

- Fumble in the red zone

- Poor offensive play calling in the red zone

- Poor offensive play calling in the first quarter... going no huddle 3 and out when your defense is gassed is stupid 

- James White falling over on the 1 yard line 

- Bad grounding call when Brady threw it at Dorset 

- Refs missing a pick 

- Neutral zone infraction leading to 7 rather than 3 points on first drive

- A lot of missed tackles 

- A bunch of blown coverages we haven’t seen all year especially on the short passes 

And on and on. 

They can beat this team in January especially in Foxboro.  Really nothing special.  The Ravens did exactly what everyone thought they would, Pats gameplan and execution was a failure.  Doubt that will happen again. 

Offense showed a lot of positive signs tonight.  Sanu is a great fit.  Need to figure out red zone offense and get Wynn back, and this will be a top-5 unit, which is more than enough with the defense being as strong as it is. 

• Like 2

I'm sure you guys will figure out the Ravens. They did lay out the blue print however which has always been dominate the time of posession and have a solid defensive backfield along with creating pressure on Brady. I'm sure you guys will meet the Ravens again in the AFC Championship and you will figure them out. Your bigger issue is San Francisco whom you will probably face in the Super Bowl. They have everything the Ravens have but with an even better defense. You guys don't match up well against run teams because your defense is built to stop the pass.  Those are the only two teams I see posing a threat to you guys this year.

14 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

That was about needing to score quickly as much as anything, he knew they were playing 2 scores behind, with only a little time remaining and good chance of only getting 1 more possession. They needs to score quickly to have a chance of getting the ball back. Plus, their RZ offense is stalling, so trying a big play to bypass the RZ made sense. They just don't have the OL to hold up for long-developing plays, or the WRs to get open deep.

So pissed right now. That Edelman fumble and that Watson drop will keep me up.

AND it's going into the bye, so 2 weeks of hearing about it. Delightful.

But that also means 2 weeks of the team and coaches hearing about it from Belichick 

Honestly the best thing that could have happened to this team 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Duff said:

The only way to beat Belicheck is to have better talent than he has that transcends game plans.

Jackson doesn’t make up for the difference in talent however. The Patriots have way more talent but they were inexplicably out-game planned and were slow to adjust. The Pats player shot the selves in the foot and it appears a bye is exactly what they need now.