GDT - The Baltimore Runvens

Hunter2_1

I really dont see how that Brady pick is a mental mistake. 

It was 3rd and long on the 50, if he throws the ball away they are punting anyway, why not take a shot.  It was basically a punt.  Yeah they lost a little field position but worth it.  It wasn’t a great throw but I think Brady knew he was going to bomb it if Sanu was open and he got quick pressure... unfortunately didn’t have the time to get a good throw off. 

IMO the real issue is that the offense was killing them with the no huddle, short chunk play thing, and as usual McDaniels tried to get creative and went away from that for a series.  Its ok to take a shot down the field.  Taking a few in a row when you need to keep moving the chains is not good.

5 minutes ago, Duff said:

They did lay out the blue print however which has always been

Contradiction? The Pats and everybody knew what the “blueprint” was which is why it is so disappointing the coaches didn’t have their team prepared sooner.

Players lost the game but coaches deserve the blame.

Tbh I think they accomplished what they wanted to with Lamar.  He didn’t really get out of the pocket much, maybe 2-3 plays all game. 

The issue wasn’t specific to Lamar Jackson.  Its that we have no run defense right now and the Ravens are the best running team in the league and got an early lead.  A lot of Lamar’s yards came up the middle. 

They need to get better at stopping the run between the tackles. 

Just now, IheartMyV8 said:

Outside of the initial horrific play, the D surprised me and did put ya in a position to win that game.  The O was able to move the ball a bit.  If they can get the dumb errors resolved that’s a very winnable game.  

Yeah they did pull it together in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and just got gassed at the end.  Honestly a lot of positive signs on both sides of the ball. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say you guys have more talent. You do have some good players on defense especially the secondary and of course you have Brady and Edelman but really your just coached so well. I have seen to many players leave the Patriots over the years and they were very average at best when they left the Patriots. Look at your one OLB who was originally a Patriot then left and played in Cleveland where he was average and now that he is back as a Patriot he looks like an all pro. Bellichek just knows how to position guys to succeed better than any coach in the league. He knows how to make adjustments and revise the game plan according to the flow of the game unless he is facing a tremendous talent that transcends above game plans. You had defenders in position to stop the Pistol formation but Jackson was just to quick. I'm willing to be Bellicheck will figure it out and show the rest of the league how to stop Jackson and for that I will be thankful because we have to face him twice a year.

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Tbh I think they accomplished what they wanted to with Lamar.  He didn’t really get out of the pocket much, maybe 2-3 plays all game. 

The issue wasn’t specific to Lamar Jackson.  Its that we have no run defense right now and the Ravens are the best running team in the league and got an early lead.  A lot of Lamar’s yards came up the middle. 

They need to get better at stopping the run between the tackles. 

You're underestimating Lamar's influence on the game. Yes, they kept him in the pocket often but he also kept plays alive. Any other QB wouldve suffered 5 sacks in similar situations Lamar was in tonight. His ability also ties up resources on contain, softening the middle of the field for power runs up the gut by both Lamar and Ingram. His mere presence makes it easier to run the ball by a back and his elusiveness keeps drives alive when they should be dead in the water.