Trent Williams said the growth on his head was misdiagnosed and he had cancer

TOUCAN

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

My thing is just be honest about it.

You want more $??

Okay. Say that.

Dont be a coward about it and throw others under the bus as the reason why you're holding out.

As for them changing contracts, if they do it at the next CBA, and spread the guaranteed $ across all years of all contracts, watch the amount of guaranteed $ go down. It's why the players (as a whole) are okay with the system until they are in Trent's position and then they want to cry foul. Not getting any sympathy from me here.

In particular, don't make career ending accusations and then fail to work with anyone to back them up. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slateman said:

In particular, don't make career ending accusations and then fail to work with anyone to back them up. 

Bingo ^^^.

He (and now the NFLPA) are pretty much refusing to go along with the review of the situation. Which screams red flags to me that he's been lying.

On 11/5/2019 at 6:00 AM, turtle28 said:

I wouldn’t want my medical records reviewed by a 3rd party that my employer picks either. That’s a big had Eff NO for me!

That's the mechanism that the owners and NFLPA agreed upon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What are we looking for?

AITA = Am I The A**hole? A subreddit devoted to people describing a situation they find themselves in and the rest of the world voting on whether or not the poster is in fact an a**hole, or if they're in the clear.

One of the voting options is "ESH" = Everyone Sucks Here.

In this particular case, no one comes out looking good. The medical staff, though they got their reputations seriously dragged because of Williams' allegation of malpractice, doesn't have a good track record. At all. Williams looks like it was a money grubbing move. Brice is Brice and dicked over everyone to be right.

ESH.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 6:01 AM, turtle28 said:

It’s amazing people are defending the redskins medical staff now! Flip flop much?? 

Turtle. I don't think anyone here has been a bigger hater of this medical staff than me. 

However, yes...I will defend them on this. None of them are Oncologists. He was told to get a 2nd opinion and waited to do so. 

The saying "when you hear hooves, you think horses...not zebras." Same thing here. A bump on the forehead could just be a bump. No one automatically diagnoses the rare form of cancer that he supposedly had. And no doctor would certainly go stampeding toward an oncological diagnosis without specific follow up testing (that the sports doctors at Redskins Park do not have) (*).

I'm with @Slatemannow. From what we know of the situation, it's now gone too far for Trent to put the genie back in the bottle. He slandered the medical staff and the F.O. for months. He held out and kept it front page news...for months. He doesn't just get to come back and say "I want to put this all behind me."

No sir. You don't get to do that. If you HAD wanted to put it all behind you, you would've reported to camp and played. Your holdout was putting it front and center. And now that people want to review the case to determine if the Redskins were actually at fault, you want to back out? Nope. Not going down like that my friend. Mr. Williams, you get to have your stuff reviewed by the NFL, the NFLPA and the 3rd party. (**)

So given that ^^^, watch Trent change his tune yet again and say it wasn't really the doctors missing the diagnosis that he was pissed about, it was the F.O. (***)

(*) For those who want to argue with me that they should've been able to test it, I'll ask you this. How many podiatrists have the streptococcal cultures in their office and can put them in a lathe and generate bacterial culture and then determine if you have strep? If you answered more than zero, you do not pass Go, you do not collect anything.

(**) Because I DO know that I would be suing him for almost everything he has for that slander (and if he wrote it, libel). And as the case goes forward, during the discovery phase, it would all come out anyway. 

(***) therefore changing the blame and moving the goalposts continuously to avoid the eye of scrutiny on his cowardice to just own up and say "I want off this team and want to go somewhere else where I can get a big contract and win ballgames". Instead he took the chicken-splat way out and slandered people who could not defend themselves because of federal law.

11 hours ago, Woz said:

AITA = Am I The A**hole? A subreddit devoted to people describing a situation they find themselves in and the rest of the world voting on whether or not the poster is in fact an a**hole, or if they're in the clear.

One of the voting options is "ESH" = Everyone Sucks Here.

In this particular case, no one comes out looking good. The medical staff, though they got their reputations seriously dragged because of Williams' allegation of malpractice, doesn't have a good track record. At all. Williams looks like it was a money grubbing move. Brice is Brice and dicked over everyone to be right.

ESH.

Okay, okay, my bad. I follow that subreddit, so i was actually in there looking for something in particular in the sub. I follow what you were doing here. My bad, lol.

On 11/12/2019 at 7:48 AM, MikeT14 said:

Okay, okay, my bad. I follow that subreddit, so i was actually in there looking for something in particular in the sub. I follow what you were doing here. My bad, lol.

I was crossing the streams. Always a dangerous choice.

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Some more tidbits on this saga, including Trent saying he will never be a Redskin again.  Don't say that.  You are now encouraging Bruce to have someone hold his beer and find ways to keep you here. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/trent-williams-confirms-he-is-done-with-washington-ill-never-be-a-redskin-again/

Look, Trents my favorite player. I’ve been a big fan of his for years but my god he’s just being ridiculous. What did he think was going to happen when he said it hurt too much to put a helmet on? Should they have just paid him even though he already told everyone he was never playing for them again? This whole thing is so weird. Both sides are being unrealistic. 

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Some more tidbits on this saga, including Trent saying he will never be a Redskin again.  Don't say that.  You are now encouraging Bruce to have someone hold his beer and find ways to keep you here. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/trent-williams-confirms-he-is-done-with-washington-ill-never-be-a-redskin-again/

Ridiculous.  Trent was completely silent except through his proxies and now he can't seem to stop talking.  

I can't believe he is still talking after refusing the medical inquiry.  He isn't helping himself with this.  I can't imagine what he expected to happen especially after trashing the organization.

• Like 1

Have to trade him, should have traded him in August. It’s ridiculous that’s he’s still in the team. So many teams could have used him this year and we would have gotten good compensation in return. I don’t expect the compensation to be as good next spring, especially with FA and the draft coming up. Teams will just wait to sign someone else or draft a LT high in the draft, if they need one.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 12:32 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Yup. This certainly seems like someone who just "wants to put it all behind me." /sarcasm

Sorry - he went from one of my favorite players to a guy I just don't care for at all with the way he has acted through this whole thing.

The only one as worse (or worse) than Trent in all this is Brice...for not trading him to the Browns for their 1st when he had the chance.