2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

New Orleans receives: Brad Beal, Isaac Bonga, Ish Smith

Washington receives: Jrue Holiday, Lonzo Ball, Jaxson Hayes, #13 pick, 2022 1st round pick (top 3 protected),

That honestly seems like to much. Besides age, I don't think much seperates Beal and Jrue. Jrue might be better tbh.

• Like 1

read this somewhere and surprised no one even made this a bad trade suggestion, but why not a Westbrook straight up for Blake Griffen. Money close to the same and both players "may" shine better with his trade.. Houston gets a much better fit and Westbrook gets to be the guy again..

So who says NO? and dammit I want to know why!!

7 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

read this somewhere and surprised no one even made this a bad trade suggestion, but why not a Westbrook straight up for Blake Griffen. Money close to the same and both players "may" shine better with his trade.. Houston gets a much better fit and Westbrook gets to be the guy again..

So who says NO? and dammit I want to know why!!

I’m not saying no that’s for sure but the money isn’t the same. Westbrook has more years and more money. Rockets would definitely be winning this trade. 

id do it in a heartbeat but let’s be real clear, the rockets aren’t shopping Westbrook and the rockets arent trading him unless they get a great deal. I would but the rockets aren’t going to. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m not saying no that’s for sure but the money isn’t the same. Westbrook has more years and more money. Rockets would definitely be winning this trade. 

id do it in a heartbeat but let’s be real clear, the rockets aren’t shopping Westbrook and the rockets arent trading him unless they get a great deal. I would but the rockets aren’t going to. 

Pretty much this.  I just want Blake's contract off the books but dont want someone else to come in and make us an 8 seed again and cost us more money.  We need to get bad, then need to hit on a couple picks and build it the way OKC did originally.  Or get lucky with other teams cast offs like we did in the early 2000s.  

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Pretty much this.  I just want Blake's contract off the books but dont want someone else to come in and make us an 8 seed again and cost us more money.  We need to get bad, then need to hit on a couple picks and build it the way OKC did originally.  Or get lucky with other teams cast offs like we did in the early 2000s.  

Maybe Westbrook is that cast off 

Just spit balling ideas, 

Rockets trade Russell Westbrook to the Magic for Aaron Gordon, AL-FAROUQ AMINU, and Khem Birch (or some other 2 million in filler)

Rockets get bigger and longer with gordon and Aminu who fit the small ball mold
Magic get to pair Westbrook with Vucevic.

Magic dont seem to want to blow it up and rebuild, so why not open a 2 year pairing of all stars and see what happen? The east is wide open. 

19 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

That honestly seems like to much. Besides age, I don't think much seperates Beal and Jrue. Jrue might be better tbh.

Meh. Beal along with Curry, Durant, Harden, Westbrook and Lillard is one of the only 6 players in the league to average 30+ in a season over the last decade. He's only 27 and has grown tremendously as a passer/creator as well. The Wizards are going to seek out a huge package for Beal. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Meh. Beal along with Curry, Durant, Harden, Westbrook and Lillard is one of the only 6 players in the league to average 30+ in a season over the last decade. He's only 27 and has grown tremendously as a passer/creator as well. The Wizards are going to seek out a huge package for Beal. 

Yeah, people act like anyone can average 30, yet very very very few ever have

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

Yeah, people act like anyone can average 30, yet very very very few ever have

In the last 20 seasons there have only been 11 players to average 30+ points in a season: Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Brad Beal, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Dwayne Wade, and Tracy McGrady. 

And only 5 of those guys have done it multiple times. (LeBron, Durant, Iverson, Harden, Kobe) 

Just now, NYRaider said:

In the last 20 seasons there have only been 11 players to average 30+ points in a season: Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Brad Beal, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Dwayne Wade, and Tracy McGrady. 

And only 5 of those guys have done it multiple times. (LeBron, Durant, Iverson, Harden, Kobe) 

and they are all (except beal) going to the HOF

36 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Here's another one

westbrook to the hornets for Rozier and Batum

Surely Jordan would rather see westbrook put up 25/10/10 than watch the team pick top 5 every year. 

Charlotte trading for Westbrook makes too much sense based on their history. That's not enough for Westbrook, though.

Charlotte receives: Russell Westbrook and Ben McLemore

Houston receives: Miles Bridges/PJ Washington, Terry Rozier, Nicolas Batum/Cody Zeller, and #32

I obviously wouldn't and think it's dumb, but you know MJ would love it if this was on the table.

57 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Charlotte trading for Westbrook makes too much sense based on their history. That's not enough for Westbrook, though.

Charlotte receives: Russell Westbrook and Ben McLemore

Houston receives: Miles Bridges/PJ Washington, Terry Rozier, Nicolas Batum/Cody Zeller, and #32

I obviously wouldn't and think it's dumb, but you know MJ would love it if this was on the table.

That’s a steal for the rockets