2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

5 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Why? Embiid would give them the rim protector they need, an answer to Jokic, and more reliable production come playoff time 

While philly gets a two star who fits better with Simmons.

because Embiid is at or near a top 10 player while PGs stock is at an all-time low. But like you say the fit is better so maybe LAC offers a bit more.. Maybe a Sign+Trade with Harrell plus Shamet and PG for Embiid and another contract.   

The league has moved the draft to November 18, possibly starting free agency on November 20 and potentially launching the season Christmas. 

I would suspect that short of a schedule and the pandemic will have a huge effect on free agency and the trade market. Probably every guy with a big player option will opt in and sit out free agency. Players will probably either sign one year deals or they will all lock up 4 year deals if its looking like money will be scarce the next off season. 

championship contenders will probably be able to stock their rosters with 1 year deals more than ever before. 

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The league has moved the draft to November 18, possibly starting free agency on November 20 and potentially launching the season Christmas. 

I would suspect that short of a schedule and the pandemic will have a huge effect on free agency and the trade market. Probably every guy with a big player option will opt in and sit out free agency. Players will probably either sign one year deals or they will all lock up 4 year deals if its looking like money will be scarce the next off season. 

championship contenders will probably be able to stock their rosters with 1 year deals more than ever before

YAY!!

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

because Embiid is at or near a top 10 player while PGs stock is at an all-time low. But like you say the fit is better so maybe LAC offers a bit more.. Maybe a Sign+Trade with Harrell plus Shamet and PG for Embiid and another contract.   

Maybe the Clippers would have to sweeten the deal a little but I’d argue that regular season PG13 is also a top 10ish player and more reliable in terms of being able to stay healthy 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 11:56 PM, BrownsDog23 said:

PG13 for Embiid, who says no?

Heard Kendrick Perkins say he has a source that tells him that the Clippers will be blown up 

Philly will be interviewing D’Antoni for their head coaching vacancy, hard to see how Embiid would fit into that system but Paul George 🤔

I saw this one online and I have to say that some people seem to be overvaluing Westbrook by a lot but the deal was 

Houston trades Westbrook and Covington 

Indiana trades: Brogdon, Turner, Lamb, McDerrmott and a 1st round pick. 

I like it for the rockets for sure. Turner is the type of center we need. Brogden struggles from 3 a bit this year but is a career 38% shooter, and becomes our 6th man.  McDerrmott basically comes in for 15-20 minutes a night to just shoot 3s and hide on defense. Lamb gives us depth. 

we would need an actual offense though because we wouldn’t have anyone that could run iso point while harden was out and going forward harden needs to be down to about 34 minutes a game. 

Idk why the pacers would do this unless they do hire MDA. Westbrook gives him an all nba PG to run his offense, Covington is an amazing pick up for anyone. 

idk how good a Westbrook/Oladipo/Warren/Covington/Sabonis line up could be though. 

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I saw this one online and I have to say that some people seem to be overvaluing Westbrook by a lot but the deal was 

Houston trades Westbrook and Covington 

Indiana trades: Brogdon, Turner, Lamb, McDerrmott and a 1st round pick.

Idk why the pacers would do this unless they do hire MDA. Westbrook gives him an all nba PG to run his offense, Covington is an amazing pick up for anyone. 

idk how good a Westbrook/Oladipo/Warren/Covington/Sabonis line up could be though. 

That's a terrible trade for Indiana, lol. 

• Like 1