Sign in to follow this  
Killashaw

WR set next year

Draft class of 2020 is loaded with WR talent, so I assume we're going to draft at least  1 WR in the first 3 rounds. That being said, we have 2 locks for next year with Beasley and Brown. Hopefully, we can add Duke Willams to those 2.

But who are gonna be our other WR's? Who do you want? Snatching someone in FA, or draft 1/2 WR's from the new class?

Usually I'm huge of the draft and less on FA but in this case because we seem to be closer to winning then I expected I'd love to see AJ Green finish the season strong and healthy and we sign him to a 3-4 year deal.  Remember he can be elite when healthy the combo of AJ, Brown and Beasley with Knox taking the next step will be HUGE for us plus our O line will only get better the more they play together

I think it comes down to who is available in free agency, and where the bills pick in the draft which we all think can be in the late teens, if they make the playoffs then the early 20s. With the bills top needs being Pass Rush and big target WR are going to be tough to land both in the draft. If the bills can some how land Yannick or Clowney in FA and find a legit run stuffing DT, then im all for pulling in Atlanta move and trading up to get the top WR in the draft with pick 4 or 5 but I just dont see it happening. So if Amari or Aj Green are available in Free agency then pull the trigger and get one of them, as I can see Amari being the odd man out if Dak is tagged, you can put an offer on the table that Jerry may not be able to afford to pay him.

Edited by soflbillsfan

16 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Tbh I would focus our resources on a premier left tackle than a receiver.

Premier Left Tackle? Dawkins has been grading out as a solid LT not sure why you think that is a huge need. The issue has been more so on the right side then the left side. I think the biggest issue is Pass Rusher, having your DT lead the team in sacks is pretty pathetic. They need to bring in a legit pass rusher because murphy and lawson arent the answer and Hughes hasnt been his usual self this year compared to last. Also another run stuffing DT is a big need as well as the run defense hass given up 5 200+ yard rushing games in 3 years.

Edited by soflbillsfan

19 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Amari Cooper is a pipe dream but would be an unbelievable get

I completely agree with that but I also think landing a stud wr in the draft is a pipe dream as well based on the position the bills will be in and the cost it would take to move up to get one because I do not see one falling as this draft seems to be offensive top heavy this year.

I could see us make a push for AJ Green but drafting a WR in rounds 1 or 2 is more logical.

Pass Rush and WR are biggest needs imo

To play devils advocate here...... are we sure WR is the big problem? I mean, stud WR would be great to have but if our franchise QB is constantly throwing the deep ball 10 yards over their head, what’s it matter? Also, does anybody think there has to be a guy on the street right now we could sign that would be better than Wallace???