Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Which is why teams don’t make decisions at this moment, you let the season play out.

Weren’t you the one referencing the Colts early struggles last year like 2 weeks ago?

Yeah was saying that and being optimistic that the offense would begin to click. Looked hopeful vs the Ravens but the offense had been a mess since. At least with the Colts, there offense looked legit to help cover up the HC miscues.

reich was excelling at what was suppose to be his specialty, offense and coaching QBs. Freddie has been absolutely a mess and is failing at every aspect of his job. He does nothing well or even avg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Which is why teams don’t make decisions at this moment, you let the season play out.

Weren’t you the one referencing the Colts early struggles last year like 2 weeks ago?

Struggles is one thing 

absolutely horrendous execution of everything a HC is supposed to do is another 

ive never been the one to want to fire the coach early. Go back and look I didn’t want Pettine let go early and I didn’t want Chud fires at all. I didn’t even want to fire Hue till like game 10-12 somewhere in there. But we should’ve been fired earlier.

If I was this bad at my job as 2+ months into the job I would’ve been fired, or moved into a different role

we shouldn’t have to wait and look back in Hindsight that we should’ve made moves earlier. 

Freddie needs to be let go because we actually still have a shot at the playoffs and we have legit other potential candidates on the roster. 

Monken and Wilks came here to eventually be candidates for other jobs. Give your favorite one a shot because they both should get interviews anyway once the season is up. 

Freddie is wasting Nick Chubbs career and I’m not good with that. 

Edited by brownie man

Freddie needs to be let go because we actually still have a shot at the playoffs and we have legit other potential candidates on the roster. 

If you think Freddie is the only thing dropping us from making the playoffs, you’re delusional at this point.

Monken and Wilks came here to eventually be candidates for other jobs. Give your favorite one a shot because they both should get interviews anyway once the season is up. 

What has either done to impress you at this point?  Jesus, Wilks just allowed 3 offensive TD’s to Brandon Allen and was canned after a one and done just last season.  😂 

Freddie is wasting Nick Chubbs career and I’m not good with that. 

Wasting his career?!?  It’s been 8 games and he’s 4th in the league in rushing yardage. He hasn’t even “wasted” a season yet, let alone a career.

You need to sober up bro.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If Freddie and company find a way to win 6 out of their next 8 games and finish 8-8, that warrants another year of at least Freddie staying. I'm sure Dorsey needs to tell him to hire a QB guy for Baker, you evaluate the offense as a whole, and you put together some pieces on the OL to help out, maybe add a TE as well, and you give those guys 2 full seasons and offseasons together.

8-8 is extremely disappointing, but not unforeseen IMO.

If the wheels fall off entirely to the tune of 4-12, then I think most people would understand a termination after an abysmal season with the talent this team has.

This is exactly why I want Freddie gone ASAP. Going 6-2 against an extremely weak schedule would create the illusion that Freddie is somehow making progress, It’s clear Freddie is not the man for this job and bringing him back next year would be just another wasted season

4 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

This is exactly why I want Freddie gone ASAP. Going 6-2 against an extremely weak schedule would create the illusion that Freddie is somehow making progress, It’s clear Freddie is not the man for this job and bringing him back next year would be just another wasted season

So going 6-2 against weak competition doesn’t mean anything but 2-6 against stiff competition means everything?

Maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle, no? If we go 6-2, it will be because he and the coaches made significant strides in pretty much everything they’re doing.  

If y’all haven’t been paying attention, we aren’t just gonna roll our helmets onto the field and win 6/8 the next 2 months.  Unless we start playing an entirely different style of football we’ll be lucky to go 3-5.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So going 6-2 against weak competition doesn’t mean anything but 2-6 against stiff competition means everything?

Maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle, no? If we go 6-2, it will be because he and the coaches made significant strides in pretty much everything they’re doing.  

If y’all haven’t been paying attention, we aren’t just gonna roll our helmets onto the field and win 6/8 the next 2 months.  Unless we start playing an entirely different style of football we’ll be lucky to go 3-5.

If the end goal is Mediocrity, then sure going 6-2 against a soft schedule should be enough for Freddie to keep his job

• Like 1

Just now, BrownsDog23 said:

If the end goal is Mediocrity, then sure going 6-2 against a soft schedule should be enough for Freddie to keep his job

So you’re advocating firing a guy who goes 8-8 in his first year, and you think that seems reasonable and measured?

I’ll bet prospective candidates won’t.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If Freddie and company find a way to win 6 out of their next 8 games and finish 8-8, that warrants another year of at least Freddie staying. I'm sure Dorsey needs to tell him to hire a QB guy for Baker, you evaluate the offense as a whole, and you put together some pieces on the OL to help out, maybe add a TE as well, and you give those guys 2 full seasons and offseasons together.

8-8 is extremely disappointing, but not unforeseen IMO.

If the wheels fall off entirely to the tune of 4-12, then I think most people would understand a termination after an abysmal season with the talent this team has.

The following 8 games left:

Buffalo, Cardinals, Bengals, Bengals, Steelers, Steelers, Dolphins, Ravens

If 8-8 is good enough to stay what record isn't in your mind? 7-9? 6-10 or 5-11? Where's the cut off?

Beating the worst and 2nd to worse teams in the league will tell me nothing personally. So, that would be 3 wins right there to get us to 5-11.

That leaves Buffalo, Cardinals, Steelers, Steelers, Ravens. Buffalo hasn't played anyone and has a bad QB. Cardinals have a roster with mostly no talent and a rookie QB. Steelers have one of the worst QBs in the league and a good defense. Ravens are an ascending team.

In my mind, we need to beat Buffalo, Cardinals, and win 2 out of the 3 Steelers and Ravens games.

That means 9-7 is the benchmark in my mind as 8-8 doesn't really tell us anything based on the opponents we play. There's coaches that get fired after 9, 10, or 11 wins because they don't meet expectations. Here we've lost so much that it seems insane to fire an 8-8 coach; however it might not be that crazy given the context of opponents.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So you’re advocating firing a guy who goes 8-8 in his first year, and you think that seems reasonable and measured?

I’ll bet prospective candidates won’t.

Giving the expectations this team had coming into the season, the talent level of the roster, and the fact that we’ve looked like a bad football team in 7 of our first 8 games I’d say that firing Freddie after going 8-8 not only seems reasonable and measures it’s seems like an obvious decision 

Just now, BrownsDog23 said:

Giving the expectations this team had coming into the season, the talent level of the roster, and the fact that we’ve looked like a bad football team in 7 of our first 8 games I’d say that firing Freddie after going 8-8 not only seems reasonable and measures it’s seems like an obvious decision 

So what did you expect the record to be in August?

26 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Indeed, what is there to take really from beating the worst team and 2nd worse team in the league (Bengals, Bengals, Dolphins)? And what is there really to take from beating the Arizona Cardinals who have only beat the worst (Bengals), tied for second worse (Falcons) and tied tied for 3rd worse record at 2-7 (Giants)?

That leaves Buffalo, Steelersx2, and the Ravens.

Steelers have a truly terrible QB. I've watched all their games. Their defense is good. Buffalo has a decent defense but hasn't played anyone and their offense with Allen is terrible often. The Ravens are a good team.

I guess if we beat the Ravens, Buffalo and the Steelers once it might say something about our team and Freddie. 

Freddie’s specialty is supposed to be offense. We have one of the most dynamic WR in football and we can’t get him the ball. Bill O’Brien had some a pretty bad QBs under center but found ways to get the ball in the hands of Hopkins despite the fact he was the only offensive weapon for a while. The browns have other weapons besides OBJ and we can’t get him the ball without goofy gadget plays