Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

19 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Urban Meyer sure.  The other 13 people you made judgments on gtfoh

You have know idea what you're talking about.

I made my points thoroughly on why I didn't just "make judgments on 13 other people," how some beliefs are based on illusions of knowledge and false certainty while other things can be reasonably known to the extent that we can "know" anything via trusted others and/or indirect knowledge sources.

200.webp?cid=790b76117fa8fde9ab30e7889ad

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mistakey said:

like literally no way you know anything about nick sirianni's personality

I said nothing about Nick Sirianni's personality so you're just alluding to a straw man.

All I said regarding our past candidate list was: 

6 hours ago, mistakey said:

We fired our HC 8 games into the season and had half the season to come up with a finalist list of candidates to interview. The candidates ended up being: 1.) Gregg Williams, 2.) Brian Flores, 3.) Matt Eberflus, 4.) Jim Caldwell, 5.) Kevin Stefanski, 6.) Dan Campbell, 7.) Freddie Kitchens, 8.) Requested to interview but did not formally interview Nick Sirianni.

None for various reasons were thought to be elite program/culture leaders. All except for Gregg and Caldwell were inexperienced requiring a steep learning curve.

Indeed none were thought to be elite program/culture leaders based on: 1.) The Fact that none of them have a sustained record or really much of a record at all of being a winning Program/Culture Builder and Leader.

All of my points about the previous candidate list were within the context of how we need an "experienced HC with a record of successful winning culture, program building."

I then listed "Some Elite Program/Culture Leaders with Situational, Creative, & High-Level Program/Culture-Building Prowess (Multi-year trends not just based on current record/success)" That list included the  "

Urban Meyer

Dan Mullen

Chris Peterson

David Shaw

Matt Rhule 

Matt Campbell

Pat Fitzgerald

Lincoln Riley

Edited by Mind Character

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

I said nothing about Nick Sirianni's personality so you're just alluding to a straw man.

All I said regarding our past candidate list was: 

Indeed none were thought to be elite program/culture leaders based on: 1.) The Fact that none of them have a sustained record or really much of a record at all of being a winning Program/Culture Builder and Leader.

All of my points about the previous candidate list were within the context of how we need an "experienced HC with a record of successful winning culture, program building."

We fired our HC 8 games into the season and had half the season to come up with a finalist list of candidates to interview. The candidates ended up being: 1.) Gregg Williams, 2.) Brian Flores, 3.) Matt Eberflus, 4.) Jim Caldwell, 5.) Kevin Stefanski, 6.) Dan Campbell, 7.) Freddie Kitchens, 8.) Requested to interview but did not formally interview Nick Sirianni.

None for various reasons were thought to be elite program/culture leaders. All except for Gregg and Caldwell were inexperienced requiring a steep learning curve.

strawman ehhhh

wait i went back and re-quoted you and you still acknowledged it in the post and still think you said nothing about nick sirianni's ability to set the culture of a program?

smh im outta here

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You have know idea what you're talking about.

I made my points thoroughly on why I didn't just "make judgments on 13 other people," how some beliefs are based on illusions of knowledge and false certainty while other things can be reasonably known to the extent that we can "know" anything via trusted others and/or indirect knowledge sources.

200.webp?cid=790b76117fa8fde9ab30e7889ad

you use a lot of words to say "i assume a bunch without actually knowing"

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

strawman ehhhh

wait i went back and re-quoted you and you still acknowledged it in the post and still think you said nothing about nick sirianni's ability to set the culture of a program?

smh im outta here

Yeah I quoted that exact part of my quote prior to you doing so in the previous post.

It's indeed a straw man, and you were unable to parse out my statement appropriately.

Edited by Mind Character

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

you use a lot of words to say "i assume a bunch without actually knowing"

The category I used was, "Some Elite Program/Culture Leaders with Situational, Creative, & High-Level Program/Culture-Building Prowess (Multi-year trends not just based on current record/success)" that was the title that proceeded the list of Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen, Chris Peterson, David Shaw, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, Pat Fitzgerald, and Lincoln Riley.

The vast majority of the listed coaches would be categorized as falling under that category by people with football expertise both college and pros based on those coaches records of success as well as based on what trusted others have to say about their intangible skill sets.

If you think it's an assumption to believe Dan Mullen, Matt Rhule, or David Shaw are Successful Program/Culture Builders/Leaders then it is what it is.

Don't be mad at me because you're been vanquished.

200.webp?cid=790b76111a968ac451e0e8f0e16

Just now, Mind Character said:

The category I used was, "Some Elite Program/Culture Leaders with Situational, Creative, & High-Level Program/Culture-Building Prowess (Multi-year trends not just based on current record/success)" that was the title that proceeded the list of Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen, Chris Peterson, David Shaw, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, Pat Fitzgerald, and Lincoln Riley.

The vast majority of the listed coaches would be categorized as falling under that category by people with football expertise both college and pros based on those coaches records of success as well as based on what trusted others have to say about their intangible skill sets.

If you think it's an assumption to believe Dan Mullen, Matt Rhule, or David Shaw are Successful Program/Culture Builders/Leaders then it is what it is.

Oh no I’ve been vanquished 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Oh no I’ve been vanquished 

Lol.

I'm glad that you're taking your internet vanquishing seriously. I promise that in time things will get better. 

Just keep your head up and the pain of vanquishing will cease some day in the future.

Then you can once again run free in the internet streets once more.

46 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I wouldnt call Shaw a program/culture builder, he took over a built program and jus hasnt ruined it or taken it to the next level.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I wouldnt call Shaw a program/culture builder, he took over a built program and jus hasnt ruined it or taken it to the next level.

You're right, to be fair Jim Harbaugh's 4 year run indeed built the program up to 8-5 and finally 12-1 his final 4th season before he left there.

Indeed, although I'd argue sustaining winning program for 7+ years after that 1 overly successful Harbaugh year takes a strong culture program leader as teams change from year to year along with Stanford's recruiting challenges.

He's more on the solid to good end instead of elite; however, he's a coveted college to NFL guy because of his ties to the NFL along with what trusted others have to say about his ability to lead. It's true though that Stanford hasn't taken the next next step, but he's sustained that programmed with a winning culture for a long stretch.

Imo Freddie has 3 paths to keeping his job.

1. Win 6 of the next 8, right the ship (albeit against inferior opponents) and chalk the early losses up to inexperience.  Winning cures all.

2. Fire Monken, take complete control of the offense and get Baker playing at a high level. If he can prove that he’s the guy who can get the most out of Baker and Monken was the issue, he’ll stick around most likely even if we only win 3-4 more games.

3. Relinquish the play calling duties, allow Monken to assume full responsibility for the offense and focus on being the HC.  If Monken fails, he likely takes the fall provided Freddie can clean up the penalties and make better decisions.

If we just keep on with business as usual and don’t flip a switch, I think he’s a one and done.

If our record is 6-10 or worse, Freddie is done. There’s no excuse to have a worse record than last years team. That’s coaching.

If we go 7-9 or 8-8, it won’t be pretty, but he will survive until next year. He would have a very tight leash in 2020.

Edited by candyman93