Offensive Coordinator Search: 2021 Edition

Kiwibrown

32 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Let’s just hire Bieniemy ourselves and give him the AHC title. Wouldn’t be a lateral move and he’d get to call plays. 

/shrug

My guess is that the Vikings will bring in Anthony Lynn for an interview for the position. If he’s not the guy, they’ll just promote Klint Kubiak. 

13 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I agree with that, just enjoying spinning a tale before we fall back on the more boring option. 

Klint Kubiak to OC, Andrew Janocko to QB coach, and hiring a new WR coach seem to already be the foregone conclusion. 

I certainly can’t say that I’d be surprised by those moves given Zimmer’s post season press conference where he spoke about his desire to keep things the same on offense. 

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Klint Kubiak to OC, Andrew Janocko to QB coach, and hiring a new WR coach seem to already be the foregone conclusion. 

I certainly can’t say that I’d be surprised by those moves given Zimmer’s post season press conference where he spoke about his desire to keep things the same on offense. 

Just a hunch, might be looking for a new OC and HC next year if that’s the plan. 

49 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Why don’t you think that Klint Kubiak could do the job?

He’s never called plays at any level; there’s an art to it, and for a coach who could be on the hot seat, I’m not sure he’d want to hitch his wagon to a rookie.

That’s the only thing holding me back from Making Klint even money for the job. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Why don’t you think that Klint Kubiak could do the job?

I don’t trust going the young and unproven route on a Zimmer led team. It seems the offense has the most success with veteran offensive minds. Stefanski, while new to his OC role, was with the team for over a decade, which isn’t the case for Kubiak. I fear it may just be another DeFillipo situation. Maybe it will work since Kubiak has at least been with the team for a couple of years and at least the offense will mostly remain the same for three years. 

I just hope that Klimt, if hired, can bring a new approach and not be so predictable. I’d like to see Cousins under center less and fewer runs on second down and long. 

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

He’s never called plays at any level; there’s an art to it, and for a coach who could be on the hot seat, I’m not sure he’d want to hitch his wagon to a rookie.

Stefanski never called plays other than a few games did he?

12 hours ago, RpMc said:

I’m guessing that Zimmer’s desire to keep cohesion among the offense is going to override his concerns over experience. 

10 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Stefanski never called plays other than a few games did he?

However, Stefanski was an NFL assistant coach for 13 years before becoming OC.  Klint Kubiak has been an NFL assistant coach for 7 years.  

59 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m guessing that Zimmer’s desire to keep cohesion among the offense is going to override his concerns over experience. 

The same type of cohesion and terminology could be accomplished by promoting Rick Dennison or hiring Anthony Lynn, but, at least in Dennison's case, there's significantly more experience as a play caller.