Jaguars to start Nick Foles

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, Jeezla said:

He went down on a beautiful TD throw. Jags just got better, and Minshew Mania will go the way of the fidget spinner once Foles starts firing on all cylinders. Dede is about to become fantasy relevant.

Dede was becoming fantasy relevant the last few weeks. Missed last week and the offense went dead

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

The only reason foles is starting is because the entire regime should be fighting for their jobs. They are 2 dumb to realize foles is injury prone and minshew has the it factor

Does he though? Or is he this years version of past Rookie sensations like Baker Mayfield, RGIII, Jameis Winston ?

If Foles is indeed injury prone like you suggest, then Minshew will have no problem filling in when that occurs. 

• Like 3

On 11/8/2019 at 8:12 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Does he though? Or is he this years version of past Rookie sensations like Baker Mayfield, RGIII, Jameis Winston ?

If Foles is indeed injury prone like you suggest, then Minshew will have no problem filling in when that occurs. 

Weird examples. Two #1 overall picks and a #2 overall pick. Jameis was actually overshadowed by Mariota during their rookie years. Baker had a strong second half of the year, and anybody who has written him off now is a fool. And RGIII was relying on his insane athleticism and a somewhat gimmicky system from one of the NFL's best offensive minds to succeed. It seems to me that it would make more sense to point to people like Cody Kessler, Case Keenum, and Nick Mullens. Of course, somebody could just counter with Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott.

• Like 1

^^ I was referring to the notion he had the "It Factor" supposedly.  None of the QB you mentioned had that or was crown the next FQB. Hence why I listed the 3 names I did. Similarly drafted players was never the point. "It factor" Stud in the making, next FQBOTF after their Rookie campaigns was.

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 11/5/2019 at 11:07 PM, N4L said:

They already know who minshew is. 

The guy needs experience. Experience can also come in practice and watching how another guy works and prepares. He can still learn while he's on the bench. Look at guys like Rodgers and Garoppolo. 

He was starting to develop some bad habits. sometimes it's good for a guy to get their feet wet, have some ups and downs, take their lumps, then have a few games to watch how a veteran does it. 

Let's not forget he's in the first year of his rookie contract. The jags are going to have him on their roster for another 3 seasons after this one. The people clamoring for him to continue starting act like they just cut him or sent him to the moon or something. He's still on their roster and is a part of their future regardless of who starts the rest of this year

This is the right move. Minshew had some good games but like I said, he was developing bad habits. Watching Nick after playing so much will help him tremendously 

I actually think this is the best move for his long term development 

Would be funny if they could send players to the moon. Patriots should have sent AB there 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:12 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Does he not.  Does he not deserve to start after dominating the offensive rookie competition weekly?

For a 6th round rookie hes got the it factor.  I know you've seen the highlights and u can tell hes a gamer.  Only true problem ive noticed is the fumbling problem but most of the offensive struggles can be attributed to our very below average ol. 

Honestly theres 1 ol that's been relatively good in pass pro and that was aj cann. 

Taylor and robinson have been penalty prone and sack prone.  Linder has 10 penalties this year. 

10 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

This is the worst decision the Jaguars have made since they signed Nick Foles to 50$ million guarenteed. 

Minshew is the future this decision is on the level of drafting a guy named Mike Williams. 

That’s because Minshew is on your BDL team. Is Mahomes healthy? Your QBs are dropping quick 

10 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

This is the worst decision the Jaguars have made since they signed Nick Foles to 50$ million guarenteed. 

Minshew is the future this decision is on the level of drafting a guy named Mike Williams. 

Actually the worse move was trading a 5th for Dobbs. 

But before that the biggest mistake was the stupid bortles extension