Browns cut starting S Jermaine Whitehead following threatening Tweets

TheKillerNacho

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Would they have done the same if Baker Mayfield sent the exact same tweets out? Or Myles Garrett?

Answer: No. So I consider them to be a coward organization for lacking a backbone and consistency in my hypothetical situation.

Well I thought it was funny.

His career should be over. He should be banned from the NFL for life. No, I'm not kidding, I'm not being sarcastic. What he did is just such a profound level of pathetic and screams severe mental issues that he just needs to get help to address is ability to control his emotions, he shouldnt be focused so hard on being a mediocre football player. 

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Would you say the same thing if it was your team and not the Browns?

Answer: No, so I consider you...

I'll answer this.

Hell yes I would. Exhibit A: Antonio Brown

While the actions are different, you'd be hard pressed to find many Steeler fans that didnt want that scumbag gone. He was the best WR in the league and we didnt care.

If Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Heyward, or JuJu Smith-Schuster came out and told someone they were gonna kill them because a fan told them how bad they sucked in a game, It would be hard to see them go, but yes, I would feel the same damn well. At the end of the day, it's just a job, who you are as a person should always be more important. 

Obviously CH and JSS and even Ben, are not those types of ppl but the point I'm making remains the same.

Would the Browns have made the same move if it was Garrett or Baker? I have my doubts but I cant say no because I dont know. More than likely they would've gone the route of a conduct suspension and the league would've stepped in.

Whitehead was an easy cut because he isnt that good. It was 100% a move they were willing to make, imo, because of his lack of talent. But we have seen that movie before with other players. 

At the end of the day, idk how the Browns would've acted but if they cant say they would've done the same thing if it were Baker or Myles, if their fans cant say it, with all due respect, its cowardly.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'll answer this.

While the actions are different, you'd be hard pressed to find many Steeler fans that didnt want that scumbag gone. He was the best WR in the league and we didnt care.

If Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Heyward, or JuJu Smith-Schuster came out and told someone they were gonna kill them because a fan told them how bad they sucked in a game, It would be hard to see them go, but yes, I would feel the same damn well. At the end of the day, it's just a job, who you are as a person should always be more important. 

Obviously CH and JSS and even Ben, are not those types of ppl but the point I'm making remains the same.

Would the Browns have made the same move if it was Garrett or Baker? I have my doubts but I cant say no because I dont know. More than likely they would've gone the route of a conduct suspension and the league would've stepped in.

Whitehead was an easy cut because he isnt that good. It was 100% a move they were willing to make, imo, because of his lack of talent. But we have seen that movie before with other players. 

At the end of the day, idk how the Browns would've acted but if they cant say they would've done the same thing if it were Baker or Myles, if their fans cant say it, with all due respect, its cowardly.

How about if your QB was accused of rape multiple times and even settled (admitting liability) 1 or more of those cases in a civil court, would you still support that player? Would it make you a coward if you did so? I just don't understand how it makes you a coward. If you had a dollar and it ripped in half I don't see an issue with just throwing it away. If the same thing happened with a $100 dollar bill I would tape that thing up. Does that make me a coward? Why would it? I just don't understand the use of the word in this scenario.

55 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

His career should be over. He should be banned from the NFL for life. No, I'm not kidding, I'm not being sarcastic. What he did is just such a profound level of pathetic and screams severe mental issues that he just needs to get help to address is ability to control his emotions, he shouldnt be focused so hard on being a mediocre football player. 

I think he needs some help whether emotional or mental because that wasn't an action that a normal person, with normal ranging from below average intelligence to above average, makes. He was either under the influence of something, on the verge of something or at the point of being non-functional.

Riley Cooper was given a second chance so Whitehead should too once he pays his price and shows he can make better decisions.

• Like 1

Good riddance to that piece of trash. I hope that his career is over. His "apology" after getting called out and before he was cut was an absolute joke. He apologized for his play and doubled down on his hatred for the Media/Dustin Fox. He didn't apologize until after he was cut.

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

How about if your QB was accused of rape multiple times and even settled (admitting liability) 1 or more of those cases in a civil court, would you still support that player? Would it make you a coward if you did so? I just don't understand how it makes you a coward. If you had a dollar and it ripped in half I don't see an issue with just throwing it away. If the same thing happened with a $100 dollar bill I would tape that thing up. Does that make me a coward? Why would it? I just don't understand the use of the word in this scenario.

I'm not condoning what Ben may or may not have done. Key words there are accusations. But in that process, I personally was very critical of Ben. People who put themselves in that position are idiots. 

However there is no 'accusation' when it comes to Jermaine Hothead. He is guilty as sin and he could actually go to jail for what he did if the said Twitter user decided to press charges for Hothead making death threats.

I hear you with what you're saying about the word coward. Here is what I'm saying. I personally feel its wrong to put talent above all else. If a person is a scumbag they dont deserve to be in the NFL imo. And yes by Scumbag I mean someone who takes actions like AB or even worse, Jermaine Hotheadu

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I despise Ben Rothlisberger, but I find it difficult to put hate on the Steelers organization for standing behind their guy when he hasn't actually been proven of doing anything wrong. You want to believe your guys, and you want them to believe you. Teams have a pretty good track record of punishing players when there is no question of guilt. If there was video of Ben in Georgia, his career would be over and he'd be in jail regardless of how talented he is. Rueben Foster, Kareem Hunt, Josh Brown, Ray Rice, Kellen Winslow, Darren Sharper are all perfectly fine examples of this.

Whitehead said, "Imma kill you ____ that's on blood". Super direct threat. No question of intent. He can't even claim hyperbole. Forget everything else he said, that alone is enough to get him jail time for criminal threat. It's in writing for everyone to see, and he can't claim he didn't write it.

This will affect the teams involved on the field.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not condoning what Ben may or may not have done. Key words there are accusations. But in that process, I personally was very critical of Ben. People who put themselves in that position are idiots. 

However there is no 'accusation' when it comes to Jermaine Hothead. He is guilty as sin and he could actually go to jail for what he did if the said Twitter user decided to press charges for Hothead making death threats.

I hear you with what you're saying about the word coward. Here is what I'm saying. I personally feel its wrong to put talent above all else. If a person is a scumbag they dont deserve to be in the NFL imo. And yes by Scumbag I mean someone who takes actions like AB or even worse, Jermaine Hotheadu

Well the person who was accused 3 times goes way beyond either of those two on the scumbag meter if just one accusation is correct and he admitted liability in the civil court process so I think it's hypocritical to remove him from scumbag status if you make the judgements on others.

I don't want any of them on my team but most fans wouldn't. We all want nice guys and clean guys off of the field, it just isn't realistic. I'm sure there is an example of every team that a player who was better was kept over a player who was worse who did the same exact thing.

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

I despise Ben Rothlisberger, but I find it difficult to put hate on the Steelers organization for standing behind their guy when he hasn't actually been proven of doing anything wrong. You want to believe your guys, and you want them to believe you. Teams have a pretty good track record of punishing players when there is no question of guilt. If there was video of Ben in Georgia, his career would be over and he'd be in jail regardless of how talented he is. Rueben Foster, Kareem Hunt, Josh Brown, Ray Rice, Kellen Winslow, Darren Sharper are all perfectly fine examples of this.

Whitehead said, "Imma kill you ____ that's on blood". Super direct threat. No question of intent. He can't even claim hyperbole. Forget everything else he said, that alone is enough to get him jail time for criminal threat. It's in writing for everyone to see, and he can't claim he didn't write it.

This will affect the teams involved on the field.

Well if you need video evidence to prove rape not many are guilty. I don't hate Ben or the Steelers (don't like them either) he had some issues though. There were witnesses who told what happened outside of the restroom where his boys wouldn't let people in but no, we can't be sure what happened inside. He is a dog lover and I like that about him. I still don't want him on my team.

30 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if you need video evidence to prove rape not many are guilty. I don't hate Ben or the Steelers (don't like them either) he had some issues though. There were witnesses who told what happened outside of the restroom where his boys wouldn't let people in but no, we can't be sure what happened inside. He is a dog lover and I like that about him. I still don't want him on my team.

I don't need a video, I simply want more than circumstantial evidence before punishing someone. When there has been circumstantial evidence, the league has suspended players (Zeke, Ben, Rueben Foster x10, etc). When there has been proper evidence, they've dropped the hammer.

I don't know what the coward thing is about. I figured @RuskieTitan was kidding since he mentioned it being his own hypothetical.

I think every team in the league would have cut Whitehead. No team would cut their QBOTF in similar circumstances.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I'll answer this.

A fan of the team that employs Vince Williams does not get to sit atop the hill and look down judging others.  or is it okay because he only threatened to find Burfict and "shoot him on sight", because Steeler fans don't like him?

• Like 2