Week 10 Games

Leader

10 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

err, I didn't call anyone a thug. 

Was just saying that IF people are going to point fingers and call Garrett a thug, then idk how you can ignore Pouncey wearing a literal "Free a Murderer" hat

I agree with this. This doesn't make Garrett a thug. 

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Not without some other stuff going on they arent.

I dont think he should be suspended for life for it. If they wanna hit him with a year, sure.

You are conflating criminal with what the NFL is going to do. I do not think he should have his ability taken away to play football for ever. I've said, he's going to be back at the beginning of TC next year. 

11 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You are conflating criminal with what the NFL is going to do. I do not think he should have his ability taken away to play football for ever. I've said, he's going to be back at the beginning of TC next year. 

You said "People are serving life sentences for murdering someone in a fit of rage that wasn't planned out." I was just pointing out that's not the case, without other causes.

And then good. We've been in agreeance this whole time. 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

I agree with this. This doesn't make Garrett a thug. 

Maybe not but for all anybody knows he is.  Past actions are an indication for probable behavior.  A person is responsible for their own actions ... period.  He must now pay the price and yes, he is at the very least an idiot.  

28 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Maybe not but for all anybody knows he is.  Past actions are an indication for probable behavior.  A person is responsible for their own actions ... period.  He must now pay the price and yes, he is at the very least an idiot.  

Not fond of using the word, 'thug' based on what a guy did on a football field. Yes, what he did was reprehensible, but thug has a bang banger connotation to it and there is nothing in his past to lead us there. 

Also, "for all anybody know he is", is bull! If that is the premise than any body can claim anything about anyone based on one incident. 

Wonder how many of us would like our life judged on our worst moment? No matter the punishment what this kid did to his own reputation is far worse than any punishment the NFL will hand down. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

are you clint eastwood

Garret is NOT a thug within the least. Sure, he's got some unfortunate stats that would suggest he's a dirty player, but his actions are a by-product of what's around him. Let's be honest: he's on a team with a coach that isn't ready for primetime, a mouthy QB that's underperforming this year, overinflated egos out the wazoo, a newly rabid fanbase that's bought into all of this, and a defensive coach that is trying to live up to the presence of his predecessor, Gregg Williams...

He Instagrammed a video of a fan punching him and he didn't fight back; he lost his $#!^ in the moment and made a poor decision. It was a crime of passion.

• Like 1