Week 10 Games

Leader

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Might be the dumbest thing on the internet today. 

Punching someone with a helmet, likely to cause injury to yourself. 

Wielding a weapon (hemet) at an unprotected head, potentially causes catastrophic damage to the person you are wielding it towards. 

Scum of the earth? NO, by no means! 

But hey, it's the same thing! Shameful! 

Its mindless. The degree is slightly different because he was holding the weapon but he wasnt thinking. There was no plot. He didnt follow his actions through with his mind. I dont know if that can be made more clear.

You really need to take your emotions out of this. Myles has done charity work and is generally good for his community. This is his first offense. In the eyes of the law he wouldnt sit jail time, promise. 

He'll pay his fine, he'll be suspended. He might even pay Mason. But he isnt a thug. He isnt scum. He made a bad decision, he is human. 

31 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

😂 again, you must have done your research with Myles.

I didn't even mention Garrett, but he's a part of the equation.  He's had several personal foul penalties this season, and the Browns lead the league in penalties and player ejections.  Our old clown Randall got sent to the showers early last night as well.  Dorsey brought in some shady characters during his time with KC, and continued to do so in Cleveland.  My point stands .. thug haven!

Edited by {Family Ghost}

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I didn't even mention Garrett, but he's a part of the equation.  He's had several personal foul penalties this season, and the Browns lead the league in penalties and player ejections.  Our old clown Randall got sent to the showers early last night as well.  Dorsey brought in some shady characters during his time with KC, and continued to do so in Cleveland.  Might point stands .. thug haven!

Personal fouls = hitting a QB late. Something I'm sure you're so angry with the league about. "MAKE THE NFL VIOLENT AGAIN!!" is something I'm sure you've mandated in your life. 

Go ahead and have your point. But you're wrong these players arent thugs because they get penalties.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Punching a helmet is just as mindless of an act as this. This time the guy just happened to be holding a helmet. The difference between assault and 3rd degree homicide, sure, if he killed the guy. He'll serve his time and pay his fines on and off the field but he surely isnt the scum of the earth over this.

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Might be the dumbest thing on the internet today. 

Punching someone with a helmet, likely to cause injury to yourself. 

Wielding a weapon (hemet) at an unprotected head, potentially causes catastrophic damage to the person you are wielding it towards. 

Scum of the earth? NO, by no means! 

But hey, it's the same thing! Shameful! 

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Its mindless. The degree is slightly different because he was holding the weapon but he wasnt thinking. There was no plot. He didnt follow his actions through with his mind. I dont know if that can be made more clear.

You really need to take your emotions out of this. Myles has done charity work and is generally good for his community. This is his first offense. In the eyes of the law he wouldnt sit jail time, promise. 

He'll pay his fine, he'll be suspended. He might even pay Mason. But he isnt a thug. He isnt scum. He made a bad decision, he is human. 

I think you missed my point entirely! 

NO, Myles Garrett is not the scum of the earth. I ceded that point! 

Trying to equate punching someone with a helmet on is just as mindless as hitting someone with a helmet who has no protection on their head is mind-numbingly wrong. 

You get into a fist fight and a few blows are exchanged. Is that the same as if you were in the same fist fight and pick up a bat and hit the guy over the head with it? It's the difference between assault and assault with a deadly weapon. Just because Rudolph walked away from it doesn't make your distinction valid. 

I have no idea if Rudolph's lawywer will have him pursue Garrett criminally. My guess is he won't. 

My guess is the NFL has already shown a pattern of going soft on these punishments. If the Cleveland running back is an example, Garrett will get half as much time as that scumbag got. 

If the NFL takes this seriously, he'll get a year. That will not happen. 

42 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I think you missed my point entirely! 

NO, Myles Garrett is not the scum of the earth. I ceded that point! 

Trying to equate punching someone with a helmet on is just as mindless as hitting someone with a helmet who has no protection on their head is mind-numbingly wrong. 

You get into a fist fight and a few blows are exchanged. Is that the same as if you were in the same fist fight and pick up a bat and hit the guy over the head with it? It's the difference between assault and assault with a deadly weapon. Just because Rudolph walked away from it doesn't make your distinction valid. 

I have no idea if Rudolph's lawywer will have him pursue Garrett criminally. My guess is he won't. 

My guess is the NFL has already shown a pattern of going soft on these punishments. If the Cleveland running back is an example, Garrett will get half as much time as that scumbag got. 

If the NFL takes this seriously, he'll get a year. That will not happen. 

Tbh I thought you were being sarcastic.

It's not mind numbingly wrong. It's a degree. It is a distinct validation. Like the difference assault, assault with a weapon and between 3rd degree murder and not that. It was stupid, very stupid, but not malicious. That's all I'm saying there. It is worse than not having a weapon, yes. But this wasnt planned out.

I'm not saying he shouldnt be suspended and fined. I'm just saying whoa to the scum and thug dropping. 

18 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

Oh boy, he did some charity work before? What an angel!

You're 10 ply, bud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Tbh I thought you were being sarcastic.

It's not mind numbingly wrong. It's a degree. It is a distinct validation. Like the difference assault, assault with a weapon and between 3rd degree murder and not that. It was stupid, very stupid, but not malicious. That's all I'm saying there. It is worse than not having a weapon, yes. But this wasnt planned out.

I'm not saying he shouldnt be suspended and fined. I'm just saying whoa to the scum and thug dropping. 

People are serving life sentences for murdering someone in a fit of rage that wasn't planned out. No matter the circumstance you have to have more control than to wield a weapon and swing it at someone's head. It is not close to an equivalent situation. 

I wasn't a part of calling him scum or a thug to my recollection. What he did was beyond stupid though. 

23 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Leslie Nielson....Thug

Priscilla Presley.....Thug

Arnold Palmer.....Thug

Hertz Rentals....Thugs!

@Fl0nkerton, that was a silly post. Hope it was tongue in cheek.

39 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Guess all of OJ's former friends are thugs and murders too then? smh

err, I didn't call anyone a thug. 

Was just saying that IF people are going to point fingers and call Garrett a thug, then idk how you can ignore Pouncey wearing a literal "Free a Murderer" hat

33 minutes ago, Golfman said:

People are serving life sentences for murdering someone in a fit of rage that wasn't planned out. No matter the circumstance you have to have more control than to wield a weapon and swing it at someone's head. It is not close to an equivalent situation. 

I wasn't a part of calling him scum or a thug to my recollection. What he did was beyond stupid though. 

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Not without some other stuff going on they arent.

I dont think he should be suspended for life for it. If they wanna hit him with a year, sure.