Week 10 Games

Leader

Just now, Scoremore said:

Not how I saw it.  Late hit and laid on top of Rudolph and wouldn't get off.  Maybe technically legal but totally unnecessary. So Rudolph grasped at his helmet as a Steeler was trying to get Garrett off of Rudolph.  Garrett then went ballistic.   Rudolph was not entirely innocent but Garrett instigated IMO.  Garrett really went off though.  Guessing 6 games for him.  Pouncey will probably get 4 games.  Maybe they will cut him a little slack for protecting his QB but he was throwing punches and kicking Garrett after the attack.  Really was brutal.  High drama in the NFL.  We'll be hearing about this for weeks.  

Wasn't a late enough hit to get a flag in the QB protection obsessed NFL.

Rudolph tried to shove his helmet into the dirt.

Garrett lost his temper and responded in kind by ripping off Rudolph's facemask.

They were then separated with Garrett engaged with the Steelers offensive lineman.

Rudolph then went and re-engaged with Garrett prompting the helmet swing. 

If it ends up being 4 games or 6 games, it's not gonna bother me.

I just hate Rudolph acting like an innocent victim in all of this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wasn't a late enough hit to get a flag in the QB protection obsessed NFL.

Rudolph tried to shove his helmet into the dirt.

Garrett lost his temper and responded in kind by ripping off Rudolph's facemask.

They were then separated with Garrett engaged with the Steelers offensive lineman.

Rudolph then went and re-engaged with Garrett prompting the helmet swing. 

If it ends up being 4 games or 6 games, it's not gonna bother me.

I just hate Rudolph acting like an innocent victim in all of this. 

Just could have been the two dudes hiding in the grassy knoll...what this whole conversation feels like.  It will be interesting to see how the NFL handles it.  Wonder if we'll get to see AJ he was supposed to be on tonight.  Poor guy finally going to get some love and now this stole his thunder.  Some of these guys on NFL network are siding with you Alex.

Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the year. I get it Rudolph started it, but at the end of the day Rudolph pushed him and he retaliated by slamming Rudolph's helmet onto his head with ******* full force. Who cares if Garret had the helmet in his hand, you shouldnt get pushed over the edge  like that by someone pushing you, something that happens regularly in football in scrums. I've never seen a guy do that before, may it be highlighted more because it happened to the QB, but you shouldn't do that to any player even if the other started it. And watching the tape it didnt even look like Rudolph did that much to make Garrett go THAT far when it started.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

37 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the year. I get it Rudolph started it, but at the end of the day Rudolph pushed him and he retaliated by slamming Rudolph's helmet onto his head with ******* full force. Who cares if Garret had the helmet in his hand, you shouldnt get pushed over the edge  like that by someone pushing you, something that happens regularly in football in scrums. I've never seen a guy do that before, may it be highlighted more because it happened to the QB, but you shouldn't do that to any player even if the other started it. And watching the tape it didnt even look like Rudolph did that much to make Garrett go THAT far when it started.

Not but you see it's totally ok because Garrett got shoved on the ground and there was some jawing back and forth. This totally justifies swinging a helmet at a guys bare head that if it had made full contact, high chance a guy dies on live TV in front of a national audience. 

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

He did kick him in the ****. Probably not intentional, but if I got cheap shotted and then kicked in the **** and then the kid came back for more, I would be tempted to pop him one as well.

And just like Garrett, I would totally deserve to be down for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, Tartarus said:

Placing blame on Rudolph in this situation is beyond stupid 

You can blame Garrett 100% for losing his **** and doing something entirely inappropriate.

You can also blame Rudolph for getting up in his feelings about being hit in a contact sport and kicking off the dirty behavior. 

• Like 1

The bar fight analogy would be both get assault, but Garrett gets "aggravated". Garret didn't "just" swing a helmet at him. That's obvious way over the line but they were over the line already and Rudolph was at the very least a willing participant if not instigator of the initial altercation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spilltray said:

The bar fight analogy would be both get assault, but Garrett gets "aggravated". Garret didn't "just" swing a helmet at him. That's obvious way over the line but they were over the line already and Rudolph was at the very least a willing participant if not instigator of the initial altercation.

Yup, agree on this.  However, even if Rudolph was a willing participant and instigator ... that does NOT justify in any way what Garrett did.  Anybody who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves or just trying to stir the pot.  The qb should fined for his part .. Garrett should be suspended for rest of the year for his way over the top response.  

• Like 1