Its amazing that Philip Rivers can stand after all the punishment he takes behind such a bad offensive line

brushmyhair

I mean they tried drafting olinemen. Never in the 1st since Mcneil. Rivers can deal with outside pressure good, if inside holds up. When both are failing, you see bad Rivers. He presses way to much, forces bad passes and begins panicking. I stand by my stance, if you give Rivers good pass protection, not great, just as good. He is as good as any in the league. But unlike alot of these younger guys, if he has awful protection, mainly up the middle, he will start throwing picks.

I dont know the temperament with other Charger fans. I still want Rivers here for another 2 or 3 years, aslong as we either get a new oline coach or improve the oline. Rivers this year is not confident in having time to reading his progressions so he is pressing and forcing passes to his first read and starring his guy down.

I wish they traded for Trent Williams. Trent and Okung on the outside would of solidified outside pressure atleast.  Feeny has been such a disppointment so has Sheffield and Lamp cant stay healthy. If Rivers is here 2020, the first 3 rounds needs to be oline picks. 

They really have invested, though. Okung and Pouncey are high dollar free agent pickups. Schofield is on kind of a mid-tier FA contract. They've taken a guy in the second or third round at almost every OL position in the last 3 or 4 years. Lamp, Feeney, Pipkins, and Tuerk have all been 2nd or 3rd round picks. Barksdale was another mid-tier FA not that long ago that they moved on from because he was meh. They've had a moderate to high investment player at every spot on the OL recently, they just haven't panned out. If you had a healthy and performing line of Okung, Lamp, Pouncey, Schofield, and Barksdale, with Feeney, Pipkins, and Quessenberry as young, high potential backups, you'd be pretty damn pleased. But you've had a mix of injuries (Okung, Lamp, Pouncey) and underperformance (Barksdale, Schofield, Feeney.) You can maybe blame the front office for poor scouting, but it isn't a lack of trying, IMO.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I mean they tried drafting olinemen. Never in the 1st since Mcneil. Rivers can deal with outside pressure good, if inside holds up. When both are failing, you see bad Rivers. He presses way to much, forces bad passes and begins panicking. I stand by my stance, if you give Rivers good pass protection, not great, just as good. He is as good as any in the league. But unlike alot of these younger guys, if he has awful protection, mainly up the middle, he will start throwing picks.

I dont know the temperament with other Charger fans. I still want Rivers here for another 2 or 3 years, aslong as we either get a new oline coach or improve the oline. Rivers this year is not confident in having time to reading his progressions so he is pressing and forcing passes to his first read and starring his guy down.

I wish they traded for Trent Williams. Trent and Okung on the outside would of solidified outside pressure atleast.  Feeny has been such a disppointment so has Sheffield and Lamp cant stay healthy. If Rivers is here 2020, the first 3 rounds needs to be oline picks. 

Didn't they take Fluker in rd 1?

59 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I don't think Rivers comes back next season and we have possible chance to nab a young QB this draft. It makes too much sense not to move on. We need alot more than 1 OL to really compete and this front office is terrible at that. 

56 minutes ago, Classic said:

I don't think Rivers comes back next season and we have possible chance to nab a young QB this draft. It makes too much sense not to move on. We need alot more than 1 OL to really compete and this front office is terrible at that. 

why wouldn't they wait till 2021 when the qb class is better?